Code of Conduct

Default Tihota vs Spiritueuse Double Vanille vs Tobacco Vanille

Has any of your basenoters smelt Tihota by Indult? Sounds really enticing...I own SDV and TV, but how does it really compare to them?
    Items for Sale

"Fragrance is a silent conversation. Would you keep talking, if no-one replied?''
    -Michael Edwards

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tihota vs Spiritueuse Double Vanille vs Tobacco Vanille

Tihota is a very straightforward, pure vanilla. It seems to go for the "vanilla extract but better" angle. It is not as complex as either TV or SDV. It also comes across as more "feminine" to me than either of them. There's no doubt that it's a really, really excellent vanilla, but at $250 for 50ml, you'd practically have to worship vanilla to make a bottle purchase worthwhile. To my nose, Vaniglia del Madagascar (i Profumi di Firenze) is very comparable in both style and quality, and can be bought for 60% less, even at full retail.
    Last edited by kopah; 9th November 2008 at 04:25 PM.

I've now tried all three so here is my take on them:

Tihota: Pure vanilla, very clean and airy over some clean and also very light musk. The sweetest of the three, but it's not very sweet for a vanilla fragrance.

SDV: Thick, luscious vanilla, but it's hiding under a strong, bitter cherry/berry note. The basenotes also include sandalwood and something along the lines of licorice. The most complex of the bunch.

Tabacco Vanille: Pretty much just straight up vanilla and tabacco. Smells like a vanilla cigarillo (those little cigarettes that are a cross between a cigarette and a cigar). My least favorite of the three but still very enjoyable. Great if you like Tabacco fragrances.

My favorite of the bunch is Tihota, but it's not jaw-droppingly gorgeous, just very, very enjoyable. I just wrote a review for it in the directory.
    Sales thread here

Tihota sounds like something to check out, for a person who has tried Guerlain SDV and Tom Ford TV, but who feels like something is still missing....
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    Tihota sounds like something to check out, for a person who has tried Guerlain SDV and Tom Ford TV, but who feels like something is still missing....
    IMO is doubtful that you will find that missing 'something' in Tihota.
    Ginestet Le Boise MAY be an entirely different story tho. I think it's iris in there.
    Either way it is absolutely amazing - for a vanilla - in my book.

I like Double Vanille and Tobacco Vanille, but i think are 2 different perfumes

Tihota is straight up vanilla. I personally don't feel the love, and the price is pretty rediculous too. Only you can decide if it is worth it. SDV is already a pretty pure vanilla scent. Sample and decide for yourself, but since you already own SDV, you would have to be a real vanilla connoisseur to also collect Tihota (just my opinion; I am not a huge fan of straight vanilla).

I have tried all 3 and own a FB of Tihota and pretty much agree with L' Aventurier in the comparisons.
    Tihota is by far my favorite and it smells just like a rich vanilla with some musk mixed in. A very delicious and comforting scent.
    There is no tobacco note like there is in TV and no bitter cherry note etc that there is in SDV. Tihota is just vanilla and musk. Pure and simple.

If you are interested you should order a sample from LuckyScent because the house of Indult is closing and no more Tihota is being made but they still do have FB's for sale.

I like tobacco vanille, sdv to me is way overrated I can see why people like it but not love it.

Spiritueuse Double Vanille is the best IMO.

Are these the best Vanilla's out there? I have TV already and had planned on buying DV since I seem to love it even more, myself anyways. Is Tihota something I should sample before buying DV or is there another vanilla that I should look at (no Pi or Havana Vanille for me though).