Code of Conduct

Default hugo dark blue ? dk fuel alternative

so I recently got a sample of dk fuel and I don't like it at all. I do dig the cool suede note though. and I was wndering if hugo dark blue could be a possible replacement for dk fuel since they both have that wonderful suede note.
    Last edited by blacklibran1; 10th November 2008 at 07:30 AM.

Default Re: hugo dark blue ? dk fuel alternative

many people say hugo is similar to dk, but i dont see any similaretis at all, exept the patchouli..

Hugo dark blue is an aquatic, fresh oriental. Fuel is a warm smokey sexy and lovely oriental..

I cant belive u dont like it, i just cant..

I finally tried Fuel this weekend & while it was nice, I really cant understand what all the fuss was about. Plus, 3 sprays of it was 'beaten' by two sprays of the new Versace pour Homme in terms of longevity (the SA decided to spray liberally on the spot where I had tried Versace)
    Will have to give Hugo dark blue ago.. this stuff is on special all the time in Aus.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Strange. Fuel is one of those scents that lasts on me for days even after I shower.

- Al

Quote Originally Posted by pkf View Post
    many people say hugo is similar to dk, but i dont see any similaretis at all, exept the patchouli..

Hugo dark blue is an aquatic, fresh oriental. Fuel is a warm smokey sexy and lovely oriental..

I cant belive u dont like it, i just cant..
    Dark Blue seems to have lots of diverse descriptions. The H&R charts had it as an ambery fougere (analogous to your fresh oriental) but I never thought it particularly so, nor do think it aquatic. I always thought of it as a hot, mossy scent, in the same camp as Fahrenheit. Michael Edwards seemed to classify it that way as well.

I thought Fuel smelled pretty good too.
    Renato

mossy scent.. hmm i do not understand that people would compare that woody /fresh oriental to farenheit either.. I agree that they both maybe are mossy, but farenheit is all musk and carfuel :P
    Hugo dark blue got no musk what so ever.. But maybe if darkblue and farenheit was mixed together it would be more similar to dk fuel..

I would put hugo dark blue more in the blackcategory ass armani code, bulgari black, Varvatos...

Dk fuel are more in the musky tobacco leather fruit family =)
    Dont think there exist any scents that are similar to dk fuel, exept Michael Kors that got pretty much the same basenotes, but the top and midle are completly different.