Code of Conduct

Default Best Australian e-store

What's the pick of the bunch re: online domestic purfume retailers? If there's a superb overseas one, please mention it - I just figured the local ones would on balance do a better deal.

Any to particularly avoid?

Default Re: Best Australian e-store

H&R,

You'll find a short thread about this very topic here:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?p=1354093

Ooh new Aussies, how exciting! Welcome!

I hardly tend to buy from e-stores but my last order was on fragrancex and that was pretty good. They currently have a free (worldwide) shipping code too! Unfortunately, it still comes from the States so takes awhile.

Definitely Heavenly Perfumes. www.heavenlyperfumes.com.au in Perth. I've dealt with them twice and their service is excellent. They have Creed! They have Creed samples! They have stuff that is otherwise hard to find, such as Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil and Un Jardin en Méditerranée. Their prices are very reasonable

perfumeempire.com.au

love it
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

omg,

If you live south of the City then it's well worth going in to their (Perfume Empire) store at either Marion or Noarlunga. Not only can you try fragrances, but I have experienced in a few cases that the in-store price was less than the on-line price. (They 'promise' the prices are identical, but I'm not complaining). I don't know what their 'three free gifts' are when you order on line - you certainly don't get those in-store! I was genuinely surprised by their range on the men's side of the store - I didn't particularly look at the women's fragrances when I was there, so can't comment about those.

I have purchased on several occasions from www.feelingsexy.com.au. They are based in St Kilda Melbourne and I received by three bottles beautifully packed and shipped arriving in two days to Sydney! I highly recommend them.

Plus 1 on Angela's recommendation. I have bought a few things from them as well. The significant downside is the box with 'Feeling Sexy' plastered on the side - it's not the look I'm going for when I have to collect my parcels from the post office.

EDIT: PS, Angela, welcome to Basenotes.

Thank you Dr_Rudi - I must say the box plastered with "Feeling Sexy" makes people in the office think I have purchased other dubious things! Nonetheless, it is a fantastic site and I have just put in another order.

http://brandshopping.com.au/category/perfume-designers/
    good prices and have creeds , ordered one bottle: about 1-2 weeks delivery
    don't really reply to emails but theres a phone number that you can always call

Bump.

Free Shipping from Feeling Sexy until midnight Eastern time, 27 October. Code: HYH38383H

http://www.feelingsexy.com.au

Have a look at www.artofman.com.au

Really nice range of men's fragrance, and their sample service is awesome. Prices aren't bad either.

I've only ordered once, but the samples were in Melbourne within 3 days. Classy.

@Thighs - I've ordered samples from them also; and I agree about the range; however I disagree about the prices - they're shocking. $77 for Azzaro PH anyone? $220 for Ambre Fetiche ? No thanks.
    Last edited by Dr_Rudi; 14th November 2011 at 12:10 PM.

Oops, my bad.

$77 for Arraro Pour homme. That's funny. I just looked at $120 for 100ml of Sables and thought, "oh well thats not so bad"

I have placed an order from www.eglobalbeauty.com.au. They are based in Hong Kong and I received the beautifically packed fragrance within a few days! I highly recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trufflehunter View Post
    Definitely Heavenly Perfumes. www.heavenlyperfumes.com.au in Perth. I've dealt with them twice and their service is excellent. They have Creed! They have Creed samples! They have stuff that is otherwise hard to find, such as Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil and Un Jardin en Méditerranée. Their prices are very reasonable
    Agreed and they are extremely pleasant, decent people that gave up an hour of their time to help me find some killer fragrances.

Just been shopping here:
    http://www.graysoutlet.com.au/beauty...agrances-store

Prices are pretty good, free freight, and there are some pretty good fragrances in there.

- - - Updated - - -

Just received my order from Grays.
    Guys, a hidden little gem, if you like classic Italian colonias, is the Borsari Acqua Classica. If you like Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa, you will like this one too. Great for spring and summer. Price was $39 for 100ml and $57 for 300ml with free freight.
    http://www.graysoutlet.com.au/search?q=borsari

Hi All,
    My first post! Only just discovered the world of fragrance after purchasing a creed sample for my daughter.
    I have found perfumetoday.com.au to be pretty good. After smelling the sample of V.I.W. i purchased a 120ml bottle for my wife and I for $167 (including delivery - which took 48 hours). Shame they don't do samples...

This site has been good! Quick postage too Melbourne too www.perfumery.com.au based in Sydney, they have niche brands

I was just checking out this online store <hotcosmetics.com.au>. Anyone done any business there?

Hello all,

Wondering if anyone has experience with cityperfume.com.au?

Cheers

Hi Macushla,

Apart from some of their prices being high they are good to deal with. I have ordered from before and all was good. They have some hard to get stuff.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.

Thanks so much adam090273. I don't know a lot about fragrance (yet) but I'm going to try different things so figure when I see a good price I will have a try! Cityperfume currently has 2 fragrances by Sylvie de France (EDP 60ml) for $20 each. I can't find any reviews, but Sylvie de France has designed bottles for Elie Saab and many others so I'm hopeful!

Thanks again
    M.

Sounds good. Hope you enjoy them, they are certainly a good price. City perfumes does have some fragrances that are typically here to find here.
    If you need to know anything someone here will have the answer.
    Adam.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.

Thanks Adam.
    M x.

i have researched a lot on these australian e-stores and what i found was they either have mediocre selection or even if they have good selections they charge as much as myer or david jones charges and some even higher than these stores.

Great thread.
    I just wanted to cast my vote for brandshopping.com.au

As a huge fan of both Serge Lutens and the House of Creed, I was extremely impressed by both the range and the prices on offer.

And aficionadoes of Serge Lutens take note - they have an amazing selection of his masterpiece fragrances, including many extremely rare delights that are otherwise impossible to find.
    http://brandshopping.com.au/category...-in-australia/
    Considering the extreme rarity of these fragrances - such as Santal Blanc, Daim Blond, Douce Amère, Muscs Koublai Khan, Fumerie Turque, and my all-time favourite Santal de Mysore.

I was in heaven when I discovered this Aladdin's cave of wondrous and legendary perfumes at amazing prices - most if these rarities are only otherwise only obtainable from Serge Lutens at the Palais Royale in Paris.

Thanks Rowannicus, I will be heading to that site soon.

Just wanted to update re City Perfume. I was contacted after submitting my order to be advised that one of the items couldn't be found. The man I spoke to (sorry, didn't get his name) was lovely, he offered a replacement and a gift for the inconvenience, and my order arrived the day after I spoke to him, and included a couple of free samples.

I've been really impressed with the service and wanted to let Australian Basenoters know.

Cheers
    Macushla