Code of Conduct

Default Best way to try many different colognes - samples/vials?

Is there a good avenue to getting a large assortment of samples/vials of colognes?

I have no idea what I or my wife will like, so I would like to have several to try/consider without buying a whole bottle of something I may not like. It would be nice to have just enough to try a scent over a weeks time to see how it wears on me.

Default Re: Best way to try many different colognes - samples/vials?

check out sephora

they will gladly give out free samples of any brand they carry and it should last for several wearings

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Yes, try to get free samples first-- Sephora, Nordstrom, Saks and other stores give samples.

You can also buy samples, but the cost adds up fast (but if you are so inclined, see this post for a partial list of where you can buy samples: http://community.basenotes.net/showp...76&postcount=8

No Sax, Nordstrom, Neiman, or the like in the River Valley (Arkansas) unfortunately.

I'll check out that post - thanks. I found a seller on ebay who sells sample sets of 25, 50, 100.......

I have been looking through basenotes tonight and a few other sites for samples in UK. Unfortunately most of the sites listed are US and the shipping costs are steep, especially as your purchases have to be limited to 18 for customs purposes.

However, I found this site http://www.fragrancex.com/index.html which is offering FREE international postage. Samples vary from about 1.58 and miniatures are available as well in some cases. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a sample of the one I want, La Mome. As I live in a village it is difficult to get access to fine perfumes without travelling into the city and as I have mobility problems I prefer to shop on line where possible.

I have recently been looking at Basenotes and reading the reviews for perfumes and aftershaves and have successfully chosen 2 new ones on this basis. I tried the samples first as I liked the description. Read the descriptions of ones that you already know you like then you will get an idea of what ingredients you like and what types of perfumes, oriental, woody, chypre etc. Like you, I am fairly new to Basenotes so I hope this helps.