Code of Conduct

Default Can someone please tell me about Jicky?

I have been wanting to smell Jicky for almost a year now but have never gotten the chance to, would one of you please explain it to me in laymens terms, because i have already seen the pyramid of notes but i would like to see what it smells like (example: it smell like tide detergent), Thank you.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Can someone please tell me about Jicky?

It depends which formulation you try: Eau de Cologne, Eau de Toilette, Eau de Parfum or parfum.

Which one will you be buying (smelling)?

I don't really know most likely for Jicky the EDT.

Basenotes Institution

OK, the EdT.

Expect a very softened lavender accord (not quite as medicinal or 'aromatherapeutic' as some lavender scents you're probably used to) mixed with a few other florals contributing to a dusty, starchy and extremely vegetal effect. The civet in Jicky (which is really what most people talk about, when they talk about this scent) EdT is low, but you'll smell it if you look for it - it smells...well, like animals. It tends to deepen the floral. Of course, many feel that the scent becomes powdery at this point, but since 'powdery' is very subjective, your experience might be different. Nonetheless, the Guerlainade base (for more information on Guerlainade, read Mr. Guerlain's blog here) is very much present in the EdT and only seems to extend and enhance the previously mentioned accords.

Hopefully more Basenoters familiar with the EdT will contribute their experiences.

IMO, the best formula of Jicky is the Eau de Parfum. But, of course, many feel differently.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 11th November 2008 at 01:08 AM.

Some quick thoughts...in the EDT, it seems like the citrus is more prominent. The EDT has plenty of civet, too. The lavender is very soft, and the drydown is vanilla.

The EDP is deeper and darker, and the civet MAY be more, but it is balanced by the other notes--more lavender, more vanilla. The citrus is much less prominent, and seems to be eclipsed by the other mid and base notes. The drydown is mostly vanilla.

The Parfum seems like a smoother version of the EDP, still with plenty of civet, but it seems less medicinal to me. I've only worn it once, so I can't say too much about the parfum. What I do know, however, is if anybody tells you the parfum has less civet, I do not agree.

Lemon, lavender, vanilla are the dominant notes. It is pretty, not being a realistic, juicy, lemonade kind of lemon scent. Nor is it a masculine lemon and lavender scent because the vanilla makes it more creamy and beautiful. A must-try.

I think it smells like lavender air freshener for the smallest room, but that is only to be expected from me. Okay, a vintage, wan, delicate version of this, but lavender and civet is what it is all about to my nose.
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 11th November 2008 at 01:39 PM.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

I seem to be near anosmic to animalic notes, or my skin sucks animalic scents dry. Either way, whenever others go *rank!* or *lion's cage*, it's at best a purring kitty on me, and at worst boring. So maybe I'm not the best person to appreciate this fragrance.
    The impression I had (EdT strength) was of a distinct fuzziness. It's a big, fuzzy, dusty lavender ball with some candied lemon rinds, before the Guerlinade takes over. It's pot-pourri-ish, to me, or maybe better put: an abstract painting of pot-pourri. It's very 3-dimensional, full, space-filling - definitely not the aquarelle modern scents that I'm perhaps more used to.

I love the fresh opening of Jicky edt, with lavender, citrus and herbs it reminds me of the South of France in the summer. But I always expect fresh perfumes with those notes to fade away really quickly and Jicky definitely doesn't. From the fresh opening, it gently warms and warms on the skin and lasts beautifully. It's not at all sweet, so it's different from a lot of the newer perfumes, but it lasts very well and becomes a beautiful warm skin scent after a few hours.
    I like Jicky a lot (it might very well be my Holy Grail perfume) and the edt is my favourite concentration for all-round wear. I find the edp is more 'evening' for me.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

I'm with Wordbird on Jicky. The edt is wonderful. It's citrussy and fresh, and yet the drydown is lingering and skin scenty. The civet in the edt is lighter, but it's still there. I've tried Jicky in edt, edp, and parfum, and the edt is my favorite because you think it's going to fade away quickly like a cologne...but it doesn't. It warms on the skin and stays there all day like a part of your skin. It's quite magical that Jicky edt. I wouldn't mind trying it in eau de cologne, but is it even made anymore?

PM sent.