Code of Conduct

Default Bois de Violette as an Export? Was I Sleeping?

From Aedes website:
    "Special Edition Eau de Parfum Bois de Violette. Intoxicating notes of violet leaves are layered with white cedar and hints of fresh cut grass. The resinous notes in Bois de Violette result in a velvety, silky Eau de Parfum that is soft yet spicy. This special edition Eau de Parfum is limited and comes with a refillable, empty Serge Lutens purse atomizer."
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 13th November 2008 at 02:56 AM.

Default Re: Bois de Violette as an Export? Was I Sleeping?

I must have been, too. I read somewhere that Feminite du Bois would be re-released, not BdV and (by extension) Bois et Fruits.

Blog Entries

Sorry, I made a thread about this in the fragrance industry discussion forum a few days ago. Guess I needed to spread the word around more thoroughly.
    Last edited by Heartwood; 13th November 2008 at 04:31 AM.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

I thought the guy at Aedes told me it, along with two other Bois scents, was a limited release export. Whatever the hell that means. Anyways, $200 for 50ml... isn't that more expensive than the 75ml bottle? Double you tee eff. I suppose one does get that luxurious decant vial, hand printed with the exclusive Serge Lutens logo.

Whenever I hear of "limited editions" I think of those collector plates: "BUY NOW!!" "this exclusive Gone With the Wind Collector's Edition Commemorative Plate only available for a limited time!" "Availability Going Fast!"

Blog Entries

Yeah, all the Bois series at Aedes are a ripoff per ml as compared to the bell jars, but if you don't have access to the Paris boutique, and you really want it, I guess they're just going to shaft you for all you're worth. *eyeroll*

I should re-state, for the record, that I love the guys at Aedes. The prices, and scenario, aren't anything I hold to them, personally.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Oaksbluff View Post
    I should re-state, for the record, that I love the guys at Aedes. The prices, and scenario, aren't anything I hold to them, personally.
    I would like to point out that you can get Encre Noire EdP for $200 less through escentual.com. $550 vs $750. (compared to Aedes)

$750?? What the *BLEEP* ??? Just as a comparison, on a per litre basis Creed's bespoke service is about $5000 cheaper!
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & RÍve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

Basenotes Institution

I'm confused.

I thought it was common knowledge that Serge Lutens released ONE scent from the exclusive line each year. Not two, or three.

This year, it was Borneo 1834, right? But then now we've got the Bois' at Aedes.

Does this mean that from now on SL will release more than one exclusive a year?

The three Bois - Violette, Fruits, and Sepia - have been available at Bergdorf for months, at, I believe, the same price. I'm assuming their availability at Aedes (I think Barneys may also be carrying them) is an expansion of that plan. Bergdorf has recently also begun offering Santal de Mysore.
    Last edited by Morgan Creek; 13th November 2008 at 02:59 PM.
    "Oh, my Lolita, I have only words to play with!"
    - Vladimir Nabokov,
    Lolita

Sounds like Sl(and aedes) wants to see if the American will touch their toes for them. Not a nice thing to do imo, this reeks of trying make as much money as possible..I mean how can you explain such a huge difference?
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

My samples of the three will arrive any day from Aedes... I guess we'll see whether the exclusivity is worth the coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Creek View Post
    The three Bois - Violette, Fruits, and Sepia - have been available at Bergdorf for months, at, I believe, the same price. I'm assuming their availability at Aedes (I think Barneys may also be carrying them) is an expansion of that plan. Bergdorf has recently also begun offering Santal de Mysore.
    They actually have the bell jars at BG of Fruits and Sepia, I'm not sure about the Violette though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    They actually have the bell jars at BG of Fruits and Sepia, I'm not sure about the Violette though.
    The bell jars, as far as I know, were just for demo purposes. The whole series is packaged in the standard rectangular export bottles - that's how I bought BdeV.
    "Oh, my Lolita, I have only words to play with!"
    - Vladimir Nabokov,
    Lolita

I never understood the whole export: non-export thing. Seems that most are available in the US at some point each year. Go to Barneys in BH; they have all of the "supposed" limited editions all the time.

TNMA
    Last edited by thenmarcher; 14th November 2008 at 03:54 AM.
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

I have sampled BdV and BeF...I think Feminite du Bois is still my favorite, though.