Code of Conduct

Exclamation FAKE Dolce & Gabanna By Man..Help me out

I've been shopping around the internet for this. Its really annoying that fake stuff keeps coming up. Are there people that KNOW they own a original By Man and can they confirm this: http://reviews.ebay.com/Buyers-bewar...00000008690425

I bought one abroad, I'm pretty sure it's the real deal, but it does not have the seal they talk about.

Anyone can tell me if they have more info on how to spot the fake? Or at least anyone with an 100% original to compare(did it have the seal??)
    Last edited by brianroy; 13th November 2008 at 10:40 AM.
    For sale: Nemo Cacharel 1,7OZ (30ML) 99% full

Default Re: FAKE Dolce & Gabanna By Man..Help me out

I'd ignore that guide completely.

When I used to sell BY the only bottles that had a label on describing the notes would be the tester bottle. The standard bottles didn't have this.

And I'm not saying that there are no fakes about, but to me it seems an odd fragrance to fake

Thanks man!!!!

I found out nowadays they fake ANYTHING. They fake Coolwater (and that's already cheap) just to make $10, they fake every Armani and CK, and I'm not talking about the "inspired by".

So I imagine they'll definately fake something that can make you up to $150 on Ebay.

Well, I don't know about the validity of the guide, but... I recently bought a fake bottle from a pretty darn reputable seller. In fact, SHE was taken aback by her distributor selling her what was obviously bad juice, and refunded me immediately (including shipping).

So not even the sellers know sometimes that they're selling fakes, I guess is my point.

Well, I don't know about the validity of the guide, but... I recently bought a fake bottle from a pretty darn reputable seller. In fact, SHE was taken aback by her distributor selling her what was obviously bad juice, and refunded me immediately (including shipping).

So not even the sellers know sometimes that they're selling fakes, I guess is my point.

Was it By Man?

Oh yeah, duh, sorry about that - yes, it was By Man. Fake as the day is long. Even the seller admitted it afterwards.

I've ordered another bottle from another seller...... I can let you know if it's the real juice if you like.

Can you PM me with the ID of the sellers that sold fakes? I've been thinking about investing in a bottle of this and would like to know who to avoid. I have a few mls from the bottom of a legit bottle, so I know exactly what it smells like. Many thanks.

I purchased a couple of 3.4 Oz. bottles earlier this year that I suspect were counterfeits. I sent them back for a refund, but there were a few differences that I noticed when compared to an original bottle. The most obvious was the scent itself, which isn't of much help if you don't have the original to compare to.

The new bottles were missing a small plastic ring that I assume is to keep the bottle from pulling free of the outer metal casing (with the zebra print). This was 'replaced' with what appeared to be a few lines of glue between the glass bottle and metal casing. Obviously, it wasn't the best replacement since it pulled free quite easily.

Also, the original bottle had white plastic inside the top cap, while the new bottles had black plastic inside the top cap.

This isn't definitive...with multiple production runs of any product, manufacturing variations may take place. These are just my personal observations.

Best of luck with the hunt!

Caoleus,

Well done! My observations exactly.

These ones just arrived in the mail yesterday, and are real and fresh. Get em while you can!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=350116550851