Code of Conduct

Default Fragranced bath and body line for pennies

These items are at Wal-Mart. (Forgive me if anyone else posted.)

I happened upon this new bath and body line. The line includes a scented body spray, bath gel and body lotion and is called "Skin Below the Chin" by Delicious Brands of Dallas, TX-- and the good thing is that it is all under $10.00 USD. Another good thing is the cruelty-free policy. (Oh, for the Canadian BNers, they're made in Canada!)

The notes seem sophisticated as far as bath and body products go, which are almost always very floral and/or sickly sweet vanilla concoctions. Some scents look unisex:

Watercress Fig, Vanilla Butter, Lavender Fougere, Apricot Ginger and Lime Basil.

The Lavender Fougere also has oak moss and geranium. I bought the small body spray for under $2.00 USD. Not bad for an inexpensive line of body products. The body spray is a moisturising spray with glycerin and has a bit of staying power over sprays with just alcohol. "Parfum" is the fifth ingredient on the label.

http://www.splendicity.com/articles/...-under-budget/

http://www.deliciousbrandsllc.com/
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Fragranced bath and body line for pennies

Thanks Primrose- I will check it out at Wal -mart this weekend or Friday. Vanilla Butter and the Lavender Fougere sounds appealing to me. Seems I am getting into more lavender recently .
    ( When you wrote ' for pennies'- I somehow thought you meant JCPenney's ...too early in the morning for me yet ! )
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    (Oh, for the Canadian BNers, they're made in Canada!)
    Hells ya!

I happened upon this new bath and body line. The line includes a scented body spray, bath gel and body lotion and is called "Skin Below the Chin" by Delicious Brands of Dallas, TX-- and the good thing is that it is all under $10.00 USD.
    I suppose that the thread title ("for pennies") is literally true, since ten dollars is one thousand pennies. Still, I cannot help thinking that perhaps a more helpful title could have been selected.

Anyway, as for the Skin Below the Chin line, I have seen them in some of my local Wal-Marts, but I have not taken them home yet. The packaging is attractive and the scents are good quality and on-trend. Many of them seem to be copies of Bath & Body Works scents, such as Coconut Lime. That is not true of all of the scents; Lavender Fougere is a heavenly oakmossy fragrance, and worth a sniff. The prices seem fair -- better than normal BBW prices, but not as good as BBW sale prices.

I have used Delicious Brands' other line, c.booth, and really liked it. The packaging and products aim at a sort of Kiehl's-on-a-budget aesthetic. They have disappeared from the Walgreen's in my area, unfortunately. However, the web site that you gave us shows that it is still being made, so there may be hope yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Anyway, as for the Skin Below the Chin line, I have seen them in some of my local Wal-Marts, but I have not taken them home yet. Many of them seem to be copies of Bath & Body Works scents, such as Coconut Lime.
    I have to correct myself here. Actually, I was thinking of the Bodycology line, which is right next to the Skin Below the Chin line at my Wal-Mart. The Skin Below the Chin line does not seem to copy any BBW scents. Every fragrance in the Bodycology line is ripped from BBW, though. Not that that's a bad thing; the Bodycology products smell good and they are a good price. The Skin Below the Chin products are more intriguing fragrances, however.

WalMart is carrying some skin care lines that used to be available only in health food stores, too.

I think Wal-Mart and Target carry Burt's Bees, which was only carried in health food stores.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I'll have to check Wal-mart. Thanks, Primrose. The Lavender Fougere of course is potentially of great interest to me. The Lime Basil sounds appealing too.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    I'll have to check Wal-mart. Thanks, Primrose. The Lavender Fougere of course is potentially of great interest to me. The Lime Basil sounds appealing too.
    Yes, the Skin Below the Chin line offers some cheap little pleasures! Not at all toffee-nosed and do not pretend to be--but nice for a summer toilette or apres gym.
    Last edited by Primrose; 16th October 2009 at 01:26 AM.

Not at all toffee-nosed and do not pretend to be--but nice for a summer toilette or apres gym.
    I learned a new word today!