Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1

    Default smelling colognes on others

    you would think living in NYC I would smell it constantly but truth is I hardly ever smell it ever

    only time is go out clubbing at night

    Is it that people do not put enough on? Am I not close enough to people?

    Since i been getting into this hobby I been trying to see if I can recognize scents on toher people and truth is I hardly ever smell it either at work, taking public transportation, or anwyhere.

    So why is that? Or is my nose just so tired from smelling my own cologne?

  2. #2

    Default Re: smelling colognes on others

    I smell fragrance on people all the time! The lady that works in the local store is always wearing Miss Dior, a gent that is usually on the same bus as me in the morning seems to alternate between Rive Gauche and Kouros (always hope for a Rive Gauche day - haven't noticed a pattern yet...), an lady that lives a few doors away always smells of Youth Dew.

    Most of the women in my city wear sweet fragrances (I notice a lot of Be Delicious) and the men usually wear Joop, JPG Le Male, or something citrus/aquatic (so much smells citrus/aquatic that I can never be sure), I very rarely smell anything oriental unless it's on an older woman unfortunately.

    I can't fathom a reason why you don't smell fragrance from others. Perhaps they simply do not wear it! (What is wrong with them??! lol)

  3. #3

    Default Re: smelling colognes on others

    You are not alone. About the only frag I smell during the day is my own. I really have no idea if others are wearing any, or if they can tell that I am wearing one. Oh well, I enjoy smelling my own "fumes" ;-)

  4. #4

    Default Re: smelling colognes on others

    Quote Originally Posted by Gblue View Post
    I smell fragrance on people all the time! The lady that works in the local store is always wearing Miss Dior, a gent that is usually on the same bus as me in the morning seems to alternate between Rive Gauche and Kouros (always hope for a Rive Gauche day - haven't noticed a pattern yet...), an lady that lives a few doors away always smells of Youth Dew.

    Most of the women in my city wear sweet fragrances (I notice a lot of Be Delicious) and the men usually wear Joop, JPG Le Male, or something citrus/aquatic (so much smells citrus/aquatic that I can never be sure), I very rarely smell anything oriental unless it's on an older woman unfortunately.

    I can't fathom a reason why you don't smell fragrance from others. Perhaps they simply do not wear it! (What is wrong with them??! lol)

    I don't know what is wrong with them LOL

    funny I just picked up Rive Gacuhe yesterday but have not worn it yet...Joop you would think i be able to smell that easily LOL and JPG Le male

  5. #5

    Default Re: smelling colognes on others

    Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    You are not alone. About the only frag I smell during the day is my own. I really have no idea if others are wearing any, or if they can tell that I am wearing one. Oh well, I enjoy smelling my own "fumes" ;-)

    i think it would be cool to smell others scents and then say to myself oh wow i know that and then compliment them!

  6. #6

    Default Re: smelling colognes on others

    I also don't recall smelling much fragrances. The only few times I smell it nowadays is when some female walks by. I smelled something wonderful from a female by a coffee shop about a month ago. On second thought, I do smell older men especially wearing cologne which they overapply big time. The person I smell fragrance off the most is my friend. He tends to overspray big time. Seriously, I always tell him not to spray so much but he's one of those people that thinks that people should smell him all the time. He says he sprayed Carlos Santana about 40 times this one day and I could smell him almost the entire time I was sitting next to him outside the coffee shop. His fragrance presence also remains in the bathroom of the coffee shop after I walk in after him. He probably averages 20 sprays of a particular fragrance if not more. Really annoying. He does not know the word subtlety when it comes to fragrances.

  7. #7

    Default Re: smelling colognes on others

    40 sprays!!!

    Im surprised he didn't pass out when he put it on.

  8. #8

    Default Re: smelling colognes on others

    I have to battle through a fog of Aqua di Gio at my university every day :P therefore I try to be a different-smelling beacon in that fog! no comments so far though...

  9. #9

    Default Re: smelling colognes on others

    Quote Originally Posted by Futami View Post
    40 sprays!!!

    Im surprised he didn't pass out when he put it on.
    Well, he approximated that it was 40 sprays. Maybe it's atually in the 30s. Yeah, he overdoes it big time. Some days it's 20 sprays with other fragrances. He also sometimes sprays on his clothes.The thing is he said that he sometimes smelled the Carlos Santana off of himself when I could smell it for long stretches of time and very often. It was very irritating. People like him can really make you hate a fragance.

  10. #10

    Default Re: smelling colognes on others

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Well, he approximated that it was 40 sprays. Maybe it's atually in the 30s. Yeah, he overdoes it big time. Some days it's 20 sprays with other fragrances. He also sometimes sprays on his clothes.The thing is he said that he sometimes smelled the Carlos Santana off of himself when I could smell it for long stretches of time and very often. It was very irritating. People like him can really make you hate a fragance.
    It are people like that who don't know when to stop spraying that are the reason for fragrance bans.
    Last edited by surreality; 16th November 2008 at 01:53 AM.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

  11. #11

    Default Re: smelling colognes on others

    I notice fragrance on someone about twice maybe three times a week. Often it is Polo or some fresh aquatic. However, I have noticed that quite a few people are wearing CK Man just lately.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

  12. #12

    Default Re: smelling colognes on others

    Once, and only once, I passed a "person" obviously wearing Calvin Kline's Obsession that was strong enough to knock a buzzard off a shit wagon, and I'm a fan of CKO.
    Last edited by silverbullet; 15th November 2008 at 01:36 AM.

  13. #13
    AromiErotici
    Guest

    Default Re: smelling colognes on others

    I'll occasionally smell it on some women where I work. A co-worker had me smell her Armani Code the other day.( She knows I'm into frags and critiques what I wear). She loves Code. I thought it smelled good on her also.

    Mostly though, I'll smell orientals on the older women but not much of any scents from the younger women. Either they choose not to wear or it's so subtle and close to the skin I cannot tell.

    I only wish some of the older women could tone it down a notch. There are times when a poltergeist is more subtle than the sillage they leave behind.

  14. #14

    Default Re: smelling colognes on others

    Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    Once, and only once, I passed a "person" obviously wearing Calvin Kline's Obsession that was strong enough to knock a buzzard off a shit wagon, and I'm a fan of CKO.
    LMAO! hahahaha

  15. #15

    Default Re: smelling colognes on others

    Quote Originally Posted by surreality View Post
    It are people like that who don't know when to stop spraying that are the reason that for fragrance bans.
    Hehe. To his defense he doesn't wear that much when he knows he will be in an area enclosed with people in a building. He only overapplies when we just go hang out and whatnot. It doesn't bother anyone except me since I'm sitting near him.

  16. #16

    Default Re: smelling colognes on others

    I thought about this topic today.
    I went somewhere and took two busses. In the second one, while I walked to the back, I smelled like 4 or 5 different fragrances.
    Then I walked in a big busy train station here in Amsterdam and I smelled like 20 different fragrances.
    That's quite a lot and only for 1 day, looking at the OP seems like people here make more use of perfumes than in NYC
    Last edited by brianroy; 17th November 2008 at 10:58 PM.
    For sale: Nemo Cacharel 1,7OZ (30ML) 99% full

Similar Threads

  1. Smelling Techniques: Guide & Summary
    By LGV in forum Fragrance DIY
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 28th April 2014, 03:11 AM
  2. Attention members rate the following 3 colognes
    By Mr-smellgood in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10th February 2006, 08:43 AM
  3. My journey through colognes
    By Asianwind in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19th August 2005, 04:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •