Code of Conduct

Smile looking for a few recommendations

After reading a ton of threads I've tried the following samples and here's how they reacted with my skin and nose

Terre d'Hermes - nice but not for me
    Gucci Rush for Men - didn't work with my skin, almost a rotten egg smell
    YSL Body Kouros - a little too intense/harsh and almost metallic
    Gucci pour Homme - all I could smell is smoke
    Creed Silver Mountain Water - didn't work out
    Guerlain Vetiver - not me
    Gucci Envy - not me
    Creed Bois du Portugal - good stuff but unfortunately reminds me of someone's grandpa

Creed Virgin Island Water - favorite at the moment
    Chanel Platinum Égoïste - pleasant, 2nd to the VIW at the moment
    Clinique Chemistry - I liked this for awhile but now the amber is just too much for me
    Creed Green Irish Tweed - nice but doesn't really stick out in my mind
    L'Eau d'Issey - loved this back when it first came out but my skin would destroy it in 5 minutes

Any suggestions on what I should try next? It doesn't have to be anything super niche like Creed but unique would be nice.

Thanks

Default Re: looking for a few recommendations

Try searching the fragrance directory's note section for:

Bergamot
    Lime
    Jasmine
    Hibiscus
    Ylang Ylang
    Ginger or Tonka Bean

Good luck.

My personal fave right now is Dior Homme. The Iris note really stands out to me and makes it unique to anything else out there right now. I know it gets a lot of love here on BN too you should check it out. Also you may want to look into Polo Double Black. I love the mango note in the opening. But I know there are many many more experienced people on these boards than me those are just my two suggestions.

Try out the Comme Des Garcons line, lots of fun stuff!

Yeah, Polo Double Black is a decent fragrance. I would recommend Burberry London. It reminds me a bit of Double Black but I like London much better.

Hi Loopty,

It's kind of hard to make recommendations based on so little info, but if you liked Green Irish Tweed but weren't crazy about it, I would maybe try Green Valley. It's kind of like a mix between the best parts of Silver Mountain water and Green Irish Tweed.

How old are you and what kind of mood/personality are you looking for in a fragrance?

If you want something unique, and with great reviews, maybe try L'air du desert maroccain (atmospheric incense, vanilla, and jasmine) or Mugler Cologne (slightly sweet and sexy soapy lime) or Black Aoud (Sensual dark roses and patchouli over a base of oud wood). Those are just some of my favs, but the list can on without narrowing down it down according to your preferences!
    Last edited by L'Aventurier; 15th November 2008 at 04:54 PM.
    Sales thread here

Thanks for the tips everyone.

@ L'aventurier
    I'm 30 and pretty laid back. Mostly I'm just looking for a daily fragrance to enjoy for myself. So far all I've been able to identify is that I don't like leather, vanilla, or anything smokey.

I'll be picking out another batch of samples based off of some of the suggestions here. I will take Silverbullet's hint and compare each fragrance's components with what I already know. It'll be hit and miss for awhile since I don't know the usual notes yet.

Hmm. My suggestions still stand then, however forget the L'air du Desert Maroccain - it smells like vanilla and incense among other things! Happy sampling

ps. Sorry it took so long to respond
    Sales thread here