Code of Conduct

Default 2 new Washington Tremlett scents

Most here know I am very much enamoured with the scents from the Washington Tremlett line. Here are descriptions of the 2 new scents, taken from the ausliebezumduft website...

Washington Tremlett - Iris Absolute

Iris, absolute purity, symbol of femininity

The sensuality of this soft, powdery essence entices with elegant notes of Bulgarian rose and lush, seductive jasmine, that melt into a heart of rare and precious iris absolu, playful heliotrope and lily of the valley. The rich base of white musk, vanilla and tonka beans lend the fragrance a mesmerizing femininity.

Glamour

Swarovski Crystals can lend, to any simple dress, a certain brilliance and grandeur… a perfume flacon can also present itself in a coruscating light of Swarovski opulence.

The precious Swarovski Crystals in the essences of the new Absolus from Washington Tremlett play a glittering and enticing game that makes this trendy, yet glamorous perfume truly unique.

Head: Rose, Jasmine
    Heart: Absolu Iris, Heliotrope, Jasmine, Lily of the Valley
    Base: White Musk, Vanilla, Tonka Beans

Washington Tremlett - Neroli Absolute

Neroli, a perfect interpertation of Mediterrranean ease.

A gentle, warm Mediterranean touch starts with fresh notes of Italian lemon, warm Petitgrain from Paraguay and aromatic tones of rosemary from Tuscany. The heart is a floral bouquet of precious Neroli Absolu (orange blossom) from Tunisia and sensuous Ylang-Ylang from Madagascar complimented by an extremely sensual base of white musk and vanilla.

Glamour

Swarovski Crystals can lend, to any simple dress, a certain brilliance and grandeur… a perfume flacon can also present itself in a coruscating light of Swarovski opulence.

The precious Swarovski Crystals in the essences of the new Absolus from Washington Tremlett play a glittering and enticing game that makes this trendy, yet glamorous perfume truly unique.

Head: Lemon, Paraguayan Petitgrain, Tuscany Rosemary
    Heart: Tunisian Absolu Neroli, Madagascan Ylang-Ylang
    Base: White Musk, Vanilla

Default Re: 2 new Washington Tremlett scents

Has anyone sampled these yet?

Perfume with floating Swarowski crystals? For Russian oligarchs' mistresses? Blech.
    I'd like to try the Iris anyway, though it sounds much too feminine, and anything Svarovskified tends to be intellectually Bokanofskified. This brand started off so well with Black Tie...
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Basenotes Institution

Cystals in the bottle (floating around?)
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/kosmet...oducts_id=4611

Click on the photo to enlarge. There does appear to be small crystals in the bottom of the bottle.

A bit yuk, admittedly.

Wonder what they smell like, though.

Dimitri, have you been able to try M.P.H.? That one I'm really interested in (despite it NOT having little sports cars floatig around in it).
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Dimitri, have you been able to try M.P.H.? That one I'm really interested in (despite it NOT having little sports cars floatig around in it).
    Alas, no t_g_l.

I managed to get my sample of Royal Heroes though, which I loved, but as yet Ive not sniffed M.P.H.

In about 2 weeks I will be visiting the store in Vienna where I first discovered Washington Tremlett and Black Tie, in the hope they will be carrying the whole line.
    Based on the online reviews of MPH, I seem to imagine a herbaceous green fragrance - perhaps one with a Czech & Speake-esque dark aromatic treatment.
    If I do manage to find some, I will be sure to keep you posted as to my impressions.

Still at €140 a pop, I would hope it has freaking canary yellow diamonds floating around in there!

Blog Entries

If there really is glitter in it, they are limiting themselves to the under 35 demographic. Glitter on smooth skin only please, say the fashion police!
    Last edited by kumquat; 24th November 2008 at 10:23 PM.