Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

Quote Originally Posted by smellyliquid View Post
    this service will probably work well for perfumes that have been recently discontinued (past 25 years) and especially those using very standard industry inputs (especially synthetics).
    Agree.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol!! They can match "Thieves and Liars" by Scentmatchers. What a bunch of frauds! Hope someone puts them out of business.

I'm quite sure any of us on the DIY thread could match any scent with $**+, shinola, spinach, martians, green veg or anything you like. Try and see. I wouldn't even charge you.... Tinctures anyone?

Do not buy from this company. I bought a knock off of organza indecence lotion and perfume only to return it for a full refund because it smelled like water. I returned it to the return address on the label...no receipt or shipping label ever mailed along with my purchase, i decided not to track...thinking this was an honest company ....it was not...they say they never received it. They are lying. I am a recent widow with 2 small boys and do not lie and do not have $76.97 to waste......i have learned a valuable lesson. Please be warned this company does not even have someone to answer their phones. They should be ashamed of themselves stealing my money like that. Their cs and their products are a waste.

THEY are theives and liars........KARMA to them !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    Lol!! They can match "Thieves and Liars" by Scentmatchers. What a bunch of frauds! Hope someone puts them out of business.

Post Thanks / Like

Odd that this outfit is still in business after all these years.

Post Thanks / Like

Brrr, Its a little shilly in here.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Prove it Scott

I recently used scentmatchers and received a fragrance that was not like the original at all. I wish i would have checked here first. I went back to there website and this was listed as the address:
    Contact Us:
    Phone: 800-859-9878

E-mail: Support@Scentmatchers.com

Fax: 310-584-6573

Mailing Address:

9663 Santa Monica Blvd.

Suite 25

Beverly Hills, California 90210
    but the fragrance was mailed from michigan
    also, the return policy states:
    Return Policy:
    We are so confident we can match your fragrance based on our successful history that we offer the following money back guarantee:

If you are unhappy with anything simply ship us back the bottle within 30 days and we'll give you your money back, no questions asked. The 30 days does not start until you receive the product at your location.

Is this the same scentmatchers that is scaming people? because they are definitely still in business. P.S. they dont answer there phone. I have only had communications through email.

I am planning to return the fragrance to got from them.

I recently found out that my long-time perfume, Pink Fatale by Voluspa is no longer available. I've been unable to find it anywhere on the internet or in stores, and so I emailed ScentMatchers. I was about to send them my order, but thought I'd try to find other reviews online because their website seemed too sparse and the testimonials were far from convincing. I'm glad I looked here. So while I'm thankful I've avoided being scammed, I'm still stuck without my favorite fragrance. Any suggestions for a good replacement? Thanks so much, basenotes members!

Quote Originally Posted by jojo25 View Post
    I recently found out that my long-time perfume, Pink Fatale by Voluspa is no longer available. I've been unable to find it anywhere on the internet or in stores, and so I emailed ScentMatchers. I was about to send them my order, but thought I'd try to find other reviews online because their website seemed too sparse and the testimonials were far from convincing. I'm glad I looked here. So while I'm thankful I've avoided being scammed, I'm still stuck without my favorite fragrance. Any suggestions for a good replacement? Thanks so much, basenotes members!
    Stick that question in the female frags threads and someone will know what it smells like, and be able to suggest a good alternative. I typed the notes into the advanced frag search but it didn't sound as if the two suggested were anything like yours.

If you want a soft fresh girly perfume, I would suggest Guerlain Insolence would be a very good start, if a little pricey or Marc Jacobs Daisy, Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue, Clinique Happy... just a few to start with.

Well ... I did it! I made the mistake of ordering from ScentMatchers ... and I am anything but pleased. First of all the website states it takes 2-3 weeks. I just received my product and it's been over 4 weeks. I contacted the company about two weeks ago (via email) inquiring on the status of my order, and the lady was super rude. The writing on the bottle rubs off like crayon ... and the fragrance smells nothing like what I ordered (Gloria by Cacharel). I'm going to return it tomorrow ... they better give me my money back! DO NOT USE SCENTMATCHERS! IT'S A SCAM!

OH, if anyone knows where I can get Gloria by Cacharel, please let me know.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by soccermom View Post
    Well ... I did it! I made the mistake of ordering from ScentMatchers ... and I am anything but pleased. First of all the website states it takes 2-3 weeks. I just received my product and it's been over 4 weeks. I contacted the company about two weeks ago (via email) inquiring on the status of my order, and the lady was super rude. The writing on the bottle rubs off like crayon ... and the fragrance smells nothing like what I ordered (Gloria by Cacharel). I'm going to return it tomorrow ... they better give me my money back! DO NOT USE SCENTMATCHERS! IT'S A SCAM!

OH, if anyone knows where I can get Gloria by Cacharel, please let me know.
    Thanks.
    Soccermom - do you know how to upload pictures on this site? If you really want to help shut these scammers down, just do the following:

Take digital pictures of the terrible ScentMatchers bottle, and anything that helps make your case, like the nasty email.

Upload them to photobucket.com (it's free).

Copy the "IMG" code for each picture on Photobucket.

Paste them into a post on here.

Don't send it back without keeping photographic proof of the crap they pulled on you!

Post Thanks / Like

Words fail me here

Quote Originally Posted by fragranceman88 View Post
    Words fail me here
    I'm not shocked by this discussion, just really thankful I found it before I ordered.

However, I have been freely spraying my last bottle of MAC MV3 perfume as I thought this company was legit.

I've looked on eBay, called MAC, and now find out this Scent Matchers is a scam -what's a girl to do? I've bought many new bottles of perfume - people trying to help me out (oh, go get Shalimar - it's an exact match! Oh, go get Bulgari Black it's an exact match). Most other perfumes aren;t even close. I even sprung for Musc Ravaguer only to be told by my friends - "that's more of an evening perfume" - whatever that means.

Now what do I do? (PS I live in Canada)

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by sampkuzio; 17th January 2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: thought I posted in wrong place

Paul Kiler
    Post Thanks / Like

There are many knock-off formulas in Fragrance houses. Already, people have spent time duping what is on the market, for cheapening them, duping, knocking them off. I can call several houses and request dupes of almost anything on the market presently.

This is most likely what they are working from, and then try to with a few whiffs, modify something to be closer to what your request is, if at all. 60 bucks won't buy anything really...

Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    www.PKPERFUMES.com

Post Thanks / Like

I am sad I didnt see this, I am the latest victim. I asked for them to duplicate Maison Francis Kurtdjian's Acqua Unviversalis Forte (its $279.99) and to duplicate it was $60.00. I got to name the bottle (nice touch) and it was fast shipping. However... It smells like incense with some floral notes. I am so disappointed. So so so disappointed. It is oily and nothing like a match AT ALL. Do not waste your time.

Moderator.
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that Laurdess - not surprised 'though.

As Paul has mentioned - $60 cannot possibly be expected to buy much in the way of a 'personalised' fragrance.

It would be better to look out for splits.
    Last edited by lpp; 10th April 2014 at 08:27 AM.