Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 61 to 100 of 100
  1. #61
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    80,634

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    Quote Originally Posted by smellyliquid View Post
    this service will probably work well for perfumes that have been recently discontinued (past 25 years) and especially those using very standard industry inputs (especially synthetics).
    Agree.

  2. #62
    Basenotes Plus
    Kiliwia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    5,245

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    Lol!! They can match "Thieves and Liars" by Scentmatchers. What a bunch of frauds! Hope someone puts them out of business.

  3. #63

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    I'm quite sure any of us on the DIY thread could match any scent with $**+, shinola, spinach, martians, green veg or anything you like. Try and see. I wouldn't even charge you.... Tinctures anyone?

  4. #64

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    Do not buy from this company. I bought a knock off of organza indecence lotion and perfume only to return it for a full refund because it smelled like water. I returned it to the return address on the label...no receipt or shipping label ever mailed along with my purchase, i decided not to track...thinking this was an honest company ....it was not...they say they never received it. They are lying. I am a recent widow with 2 small boys and do not lie and do not have $76.97 to waste......i have learned a valuable lesson. Please be warned this company does not even have someone to answer their phones. They should be ashamed of themselves stealing my money like that. Their cs and their products are a waste.

  5. #65

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    THEY are theives and liars........KARMA to them !!!!!






    Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    Lol!! They can match "Thieves and Liars" by Scentmatchers. What a bunch of frauds! Hope someone puts them out of business.

  6. #66
    Dependent Birdboy48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    1,104

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    Odd that this outfit is still in business after all these years.

  7. #67

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    Brrr, Its a little shilly in here.

  8. #68
    Dependent
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    3,639

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    Prove it Scott

  9. #69

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    I recently used scentmatchers and received a fragrance that was not like the original at all. I wish i would have checked here first. I went back to there website and this was listed as the address:
    Contact Us:
    Phone: 800-859-9878

    E-mail: Support@Scentmatchers.com

    Fax: 310-584-6573

    Mailing Address:

    9663 Santa Monica Blvd.

    Suite 25

    Beverly Hills, California 90210
    but the fragrance was mailed from michigan
    also, the return policy states:
    Return Policy:
    We are so confident we can match your fragrance based on our successful history that we offer the following money back guarantee:

    If you are unhappy with anything simply ship us back the bottle within 30 days and we'll give you your money back, no questions asked. The 30 days does not start until you receive the product at your location.

    Is this the same scentmatchers that is scaming people? because they are definitely still in business. P.S. they dont answer there phone. I have only had communications through email.

    I am planning to return the fragrance to got from them.

  10. #70

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    I recently found out that my long-time perfume, Pink Fatale by Voluspa is no longer available. I've been unable to find it anywhere on the internet or in stores, and so I emailed ScentMatchers. I was about to send them my order, but thought I'd try to find other reviews online because their website seemed too sparse and the testimonials were far from convincing. I'm glad I looked here. So while I'm thankful I've avoided being scammed, I'm still stuck without my favorite fragrance. Any suggestions for a good replacement? Thanks so much, basenotes members!

  11. #71

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo25 View Post
    I recently found out that my long-time perfume, Pink Fatale by Voluspa is no longer available. I've been unable to find it anywhere on the internet or in stores, and so I emailed ScentMatchers. I was about to send them my order, but thought I'd try to find other reviews online because their website seemed too sparse and the testimonials were far from convincing. I'm glad I looked here. So while I'm thankful I've avoided being scammed, I'm still stuck without my favorite fragrance. Any suggestions for a good replacement? Thanks so much, basenotes members!
    Stick that question in the female frags threads and someone will know what it smells like, and be able to suggest a good alternative. I typed the notes into the advanced frag search but it didn't sound as if the two suggested were anything like yours.

    If you want a soft fresh girly perfume, I would suggest Guerlain Insolence would be a very good start, if a little pricey or Marc Jacobs Daisy, Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue, Clinique Happy... just a few to start with.

  12. #72

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    Well ... I did it! I made the mistake of ordering from ScentMatchers ... and I am anything but pleased. First of all the website states it takes 2-3 weeks. I just received my product and it's been over 4 weeks. I contacted the company about two weeks ago (via email) inquiring on the status of my order, and the lady was super rude. The writing on the bottle rubs off like crayon ... and the fragrance smells nothing like what I ordered (Gloria by Cacharel). I'm going to return it tomorrow ... they better give me my money back! DO NOT USE SCENTMATCHERS! IT'S A SCAM!

    OH, if anyone knows where I can get Gloria by Cacharel, please let me know.
    Thanks.

  13. #73
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,298
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    Quote Originally Posted by soccermom View Post
    Well ... I did it! I made the mistake of ordering from ScentMatchers ... and I am anything but pleased. First of all the website states it takes 2-3 weeks. I just received my product and it's been over 4 weeks. I contacted the company about two weeks ago (via email) inquiring on the status of my order, and the lady was super rude. The writing on the bottle rubs off like crayon ... and the fragrance smells nothing like what I ordered (Gloria by Cacharel). I'm going to return it tomorrow ... they better give me my money back! DO NOT USE SCENTMATCHERS! IT'S A SCAM!

    OH, if anyone knows where I can get Gloria by Cacharel, please let me know.
    Thanks.
    Soccermom - do you know how to upload pictures on this site? If you really want to help shut these scammers down, just do the following:

    Take digital pictures of the terrible ScentMatchers bottle, and anything that helps make your case, like the nasty email.

    Upload them to photobucket.com (it's free).

    Copy the "IMG" code for each picture on Photobucket.

    Paste them into a post on here.

    Don't send it back without keeping photographic proof of the crap they pulled on you!
    * * * *

  14. #74
    Dependent fragranceman88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    2,152

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    Words fail me here

  15. #75

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    Quote Originally Posted by fragranceman88 View Post
    Words fail me here
    I'm not shocked by this discussion, just really thankful I found it before I ordered.

    However, I have been freely spraying my last bottle of MAC MV3 perfume as I thought this company was legit.

    I've looked on eBay, called MAC, and now find out this Scent Matchers is a scam -what's a girl to do? I've bought many new bottles of perfume - people trying to help me out (oh, go get Shalimar - it's an exact match! Oh, go get Bulgari Black it's an exact match). Most other perfumes aren;t even close. I even sprung for Musc Ravaguer only to be told by my friends - "that's more of an evening perfume" - whatever that means.

    Now what do I do? (PS I live in Canada)

    - - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by sampkuzio; 17th January 2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: thought I posted in wrong place

  16. #76

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    There are many knock-off formulas in Fragrance houses. Already, people have spent time duping what is on the market, for cheapening them, duping, knocking them off. I can call several houses and request dupes of almost anything on the market presently.

    This is most likely what they are working from, and then try to with a few whiffs, modify something to be closer to what your request is, if at all. 60 bucks won't buy anything really...

    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    www.PKPERFUMES.com

  17. #77

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    I am sad I didnt see this, I am the latest victim. I asked for them to duplicate Maison Francis Kurtdjian's Acqua Unviversalis Forte (its $279.99) and to duplicate it was $60.00. I got to name the bottle (nice touch) and it was fast shipping. However... It smells like incense with some floral notes. I am so disappointed. So so so disappointed. It is oily and nothing like a match AT ALL. Do not waste your time.

  18. #78

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    Sorry to hear that Laurdess - not surprised 'though.

    As Paul has mentioned - $60 cannot possibly be expected to buy much in the way of a 'personalised' fragrance.

    It would be better to look out for splits.
    Last edited by lpp; 10th April 2014 at 08:27 AM.

  19. #79

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    I just got taken on a bottle of "L'eau de Monteil" and I am so frustrated. Especially since I searched scentmatchers reviews and this thread didn't show up at all for me. I was not well versed on how much it takes to make a perfume so I really didn't think anything of paying $59.99 for a replica, especially if it worked out. My replica arrived yesterday and smells NOTHING like L'eau de Monteil. Has anyone actually received a refund from these people? This was the reply that I got when I emailed them how dis satisfied I was:

    "I do apologize you were unhappy with your order. Sometimes we simply don't hit the exact same notes as certain people are looking for, and other times we just flat out don't hit the target. In some rare cases we start with a bad sample to begin with (some samples don't age well). Either way, we don't want you to feel like you didn't get your money's worth, so we have a very unique refund policy:

    You can keep the product, and we'll refund you whatever you think is right. If you want a full refund including our shipping costs, we will do that! If you like the fragrance enough to still wear it or give it as a gift, perhaps you want a $30 refund. We can do that too. If it matters to you, we have about $30 into making and delivering your product. We cannot reuse the product if you return it, so please just let us know the amount we should refund to your account. We'll also donate 25% of what you decide we should keep to the United Way, that way everybody wins.

    We are very sorry the product did not completely live up to your expectations."

    I am requesting a full refund of course. I will probably throw the bottle in the trash because it gave me a migraine.

  20. #80

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    Sorry to hear that but not surprised, NicolaSuntine.
    Good luck with the refund.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

  21. #81

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    Surely these sites are illegal? :/

  22. #82

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    I used to be surprised the perfume houses don't close them down but now maybe not, because they do a sort of reverse favour. By making such horrors, they make customers buy the real thing.

  23. #83

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    I used to be surprised the perfume houses don't close them down but now maybe not, because they do a sort of reverse favour. By making such horrors, they make customers buy the real thing.
    This is true, no substitute really :/

  24. #84

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    Quote Originally Posted by cc1987 View Post
    This is true, no substitute really :/
    Agreed!!!

    I will say they did refund my money. It was no issue at all. I mean other than the fact that my perfume smelled like incense. I had them replicate a $275 bottle of Aqua Universalis Forte and they were kinda mean to me. She said something along the lines of ...I was going by memory and she thought they were identical. WELL, I had a sample in my cabinet. So when I got my refund back, I sent her both of them (the sample that I had and her pathetic attempt to replicate it) I never got a reply... of course.

  25. #85

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    If a company claims they can match ANY PERFUME for $60 and you believe it . . . Hmmmm. Some scams are like sneaky guys in trench coats in the shadows. Others are clowns with neon face paint and noisemakers - you can't miss them. This scam is of the latter character.

  26. #86

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    Quote Originally Posted by seasplash View Post
    I recently used scentmatchers... and this was listed as the address:
    Contact Us:
    Phone: 800-859-9878

    E-mail: Support@Scentmatchers.com

    Fax: 310-584-6573

    Mailing Address:

    9663 Santa Monica Blvd.

    Suite 25

    Beverly Hills, California 90210
    ...
    This is Google Maps' picture of 9663 Santa Monica Blvd., Beverly Hills, California 90210.



    I'm going to guess that Suite 25 is more like Box 25. I'm sorry so many people had their hopes dashed and their time wasted.

  27. #87

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    This is Google Maps' picture of 9663 Santa Monica Blvd., Beverly Hills, California 90210.



    I'm going to guess that Suite 25 is more like Box 25. I'm sorry so many people had their hopes dashed and their time wasted.

  28. #88

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurdess View Post
    Agreed!!!

    I will say they did refund my money. It was no issue at all. I mean other than the fact that my perfume smelled like incense. I had them replicate a $275 bottle of Aqua Universalis Forte and they were kinda mean to me. She said something along the lines of ...I was going by memory and she thought they were identical. WELL, I had a sample in my cabinet. So when I got my refund back, I sent her both of them (the sample that I had and her pathetic attempt to replicate it) I never got a reply... of course.
    That's funny because I offered to send them a sample of each too! They refused the offer of course.

  29. #89

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    Quote Originally Posted by HankHarvey View Post
    If a company claims they can match ANY PERFUME for $60 and you believe it . . . Hmmmm. Some scams are like sneaky guys in trench coats in the shadows. Others are clowns with neon face paint and noisemakers - you can't miss them. This scam is of the latter character.
    I'm so glad for you that you are smart enough not to fall for it. I however was desperate for something that smelled remotely like my scent and I thought it was worth trying. Sorry some of us aren't as intelligent as you. Btw, l normally kick clowns in the nuts.

  30. #90

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    If anyone is interested they are listing Gaylord MI as their home mailing address now. They sent me an email offering full refund in 3-5 business days. If it doesn't show up I can deny the charge with my credit card and contact the BBB. I saved the email.
    Thanks everyone who took the time to reply!

  31. #91

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    I have tried making many a commercial scent for learning practice only. No way would $60 cover the work, let alone all the ingredients. A GC analysis is between £100 and £400 to get done and the time spent if they even had their own. Plus the allowed ingredients are not the same anymore.

    Hard to fit all that equipment in a postal box though.

  32. #92

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    @nicolasuntine

    I did find this in a review on FG. Have you tried others that are similar? Try posting the question and try some new ones that get recommended.

    This a really pretty beachy type of scent to me..It's not too heavy or too light.If your having trouble finding this scent,you could try Mary-Kate and Ashley coast to coast L.A, not in date base...But this smells so similar,It's the sister scent of this fragrance.

    Last edited by mumsy; 1st September 2014 at 07:07 AM.

  33. #93

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    Thank you so much mumsy! Although it pains me to put money in the twin trolls pocket, I will try anything! I did ask in the womens fragrance forum and no one has responded. Found Mary kate and ashley coast to coast la on a perfume site for $11. Worth a try!

  34. #94

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    Twin trolls..... LMAO.....

    Maybe it will layer with something. Someone did say it was light.

  35. #95
    Super Member Emoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Silverstone
    Posts
    302

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    Wonder if they can do the vintage Surströmming Eau d' gawd by Creed.


    Oh yes apparently they have that!!!
    Just proves it's cock and bull!
    My frag list top ten (which changes pretty regular!)
    1- Creed Royal Oud
    2- Armani Prive Oud Royal
    3- Acqua di Parma Oud concentree
    4- Bvlgari Man in Black
    5- Amouage Fate Man
    6- Nasomatto Duro
    7- Jean Paul DuPont Oud d'or
    8- Ormonde Jayne Nawab of Oudh
    9- Geurlain HOMME IDEAL
    10- Shay&blue Oud Alif

    (Yes, I'm an Oud addict!)

  36. #96

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    I received my money back today. I will say that the customer service rep I dealt with was very sweet during the whole process. They must be treated so badly by upset customers. The company really does suck but at least I gave it a try! Now I just need to start a campaign for the re release of L'eau de Monteil!

  37. #97
    kumquat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    8,401
    Blog Entries
    98

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    I have found this with most offers of "your money back if not completely satisfied"- always the come on to take away your hesitation. They have your money and they're keeping it. Usually they want MORE in the form of re-stocking or handling fees. Stay far away from these shady characters with no proper business address or phone. Or better yet, try calling the 800 trouble number BEFORE you need help and see if they answer.

  38. #98

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    Here's their BBB page
    that shows complaints received and how they were resolved. They have a BBB rating of B, which was much higher than I expected to see.

  39. #99

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    I have found this with most offers of "your money back if not completely satisfied"- always the come on to take away your hesitation. They have your money and they're keeping it. Usually they want MORE in the form of re-stocking or handling fees. Stay far away from these shady characters with no proper business address or phone. Or better yet, try calling the 800 trouble number BEFORE you need help and see if they answer.
    I received every bit of my money back. They even offered to pay me for the shipping that I was not charged for. Plus I keep the perfume which makes me sick so I will give it away. The important thing is to be nice to the CSR rather than berate them like most people do. It's not their fault that they work for a really bad company. Maybe it's the only work available in that part of Michigan.

  40. #100
    kumquat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    8,401
    Blog Entries
    98

    Default Re: ScentMatchers claims to match any scent for $60

    Quote Originally Posted by NicolaSuntine View Post
    I received every bit of my money back. They even offered to pay me for the shipping that I was not charged for. Plus I keep the perfume which makes me sick so I will give it away. The important thing is to be nice to the CSR rather than berate them like most people do. It's not their fault that they work for a really bad company. Maybe it's the only work available in that part of Michigan.
    Good for you, you are one in a million. I recently considered buying a popular garden gimmick sold mostly on tv. I decided to check the Internet first to see what the consensus was- whether it worked or not.. Luckily I did because every review I read was written by a consumer that was mad as hell and not prepared to take any more. I decided to buy a traditional hose instead. I don't need the drama.

Similar Threads

  1. A Tribute to the Classics of Scent
    By milamber in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 20th April 2011, 10:23 PM
  2. $5K deep....what did I learn?
    By RonF in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 24th November 2008, 06:25 PM
  3. Looking for the best scent to get ladies (long)
    By The_Guy in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 21st December 2007, 03:01 PM
  4. News: Guerlain, Patou: Scent of Couture
    By cedriceccentric in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2nd November 2006, 09:07 PM
  5. The Perception of Scent
    By milamber in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 5th July 2005, 12:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000