Code of Conduct

Default Which one do you prefer? Chanel Antaeus or Chanel P-M-C?

I like both.. I have P-M-C in my weardrobe, an use it from time to time. I like Antaeus very much too..Chanel is my favorit fragrance-brand. Both of them are true classics, but which of them do you prefer? I have difficult to pick a winner of them! Both are great!

Default Re: Which one do you prefer? Chanel Antaeus or Chanel P-M-C?

Antaeus would be my choice, the new Coromandel which I have just sampled is interesting too. Egoist too.

Thumbs up Re: Which one do you prefer? Chanel Antaeus or Chanel P-M-C?

Anteaus is the winner in my opinion. I do like Chanel P-M-C too.

The original Chanel Pour Monsieur (1955) is my favorite Chanel.

I also like Antaeus and Egoiste more than Pour Monsieur Concentree. Mind you, the Concentree is still very good
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 17th November 2008 at 08:00 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    The original Chanel Pour Monsieur (1955) is my favorite Chanel.

I also like Antaeus and Egoiste more than Pour Monsieur Concentree. Mind you, the Concentree is still very good
    Well, i must confess Egoiste is my favorit too.. And Allure homme (blanche) is my number two.. But P-M-C and Antaeus? Hmmm.....Scents for gentlemen for sure!!

Antaeus and PMC are so totally different that it's impossible, and irrelevant IMO, to compare the two. And why should one have to choose? The cost of both Chanels is much less than a single Creed or other niche, so both should be in your wardrobe. And while you're at it, get Chanel PM (1955). It's the most "wearable" of them all.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Snafoo View Post
    Antaeus and PMC are so totally different that it's impossible, and irrelevant IMO, to compare the two...
    I totally agree... they have nothing to do. ChpM's style is completely 1950-ish, while Antaeus does justice to the 1980's.

I generally choose to wear ChpM on formal occasions, usually with a suit. Antaeus is far more casual, maybe cords and a tweed jacket.

For the purposes of discussion, Chanel PM (original, not concentree) is in my top-5 of all time... it's just such a classic, everything about it is just right. Jerry Garcia has said that music already existed, and that he was just playing it.. same thing with PM. I'm not impressed with the concentree at all - it's my least favorite men's Chanel (which still puts it above nearly every other designer offering). Thus I'd pick Antaeus over PMC. My only issue with Antaeus is that it's really an evening sort of fragrance and not something I'd wear to the office.

I tested Antaeus today, and i think this one is better than the C-P-C...Antaeus must be one of the most manly scents out there! Heavy!

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I tested Antaeus today, and i think this one is better than the C-P-C...Antaeus must be one of the most manly scents out there! Heavy!
    You betcha. Welcome to the Manly Man Club!
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

I personally prefer the CPM over Anataeus...CPM is a classic and still manages to feel modern over 40 and still kickin behind hard to argue with the champ