Code of Conduct

Thumbs down Shower gel goes bad?!

A few minutes ago, I was in the shower and I reached for the Costes shower gel thinking it would suit the evening nicely. Instead, what I got was the equivalent of leaving milk in the fridge for too long. The gel had turned rancid! No kidding.. it smelled like rotten trash.
    (don't worry, I found solace in another not rancid shower gel and all turned out ok)

It's only a few months old and about 1/3 used. I can certainly say I'll no longer be purchasing any Costes flanker products (of which there are many).

Have you ever had a shower gel or other similar product literally go bad?
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Default Re: Shower gel goes bad?!

Man, that's odd. I have dozens of gels, a few of them several years old and have yet to have one go off. I'm wondering if it came to you sort of defective and just took a while to make that apparent to you? Not sure what would even be able to go bad in a product like that. Did you contact Costes? As image conscious as they are it's hard to imagine they wouldn't try to make you happy.

Does it have any type of vegetable oils present in it? I've never heard of a shower gel going off either, although I'd imagine it's actually more likely to happen with high end gels that feature more natural oils.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Blog Entries

I've had 3 bottles go bad --2 were Crabtree & Evelyn and one was Dove (really went rancid.)

As a result I keep a very few (special, discontinued, beloved) perfumed shower gels in the fridge with my perfumes. The rest, the regular stuff (Softsoap, B&BW), is on my linen closet shelf; I try not to stock up too much on these products.

The only time this happened was with a bottle of J'Adore showergel. It was the first time I used it after it had been stored for about two years, and though I can't say that it smelled like 'rotten trash', it was bad enough.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

That's really strange, it never happened to me. But now there is one more reason for which I use Nivea...not expensive and effective.