Code of Conduct

Thread: Lol

Default Lol

"This be some Avon shit my co-worker gave me..." "Paris Hilton, I love this old slut..." This video is funny; it is some dude discussing his cologne collection. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B67UOy8svkg
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 18th November 2008 at 04:30 AM.

Default Re: Lol

lol, at least he recognizes that its terrible!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d13lR...eature=related

saw that as a related video... IM JEALOUS!

Well, he wears Tommy Hilfiger Tommy Girl, so he's got my seal of approval

The Creed video made me sad.
    Last edited by Asha; 18th November 2008 at 05:34 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

As the French say, "Chacun à son goût!"
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

The sad part is that i've watched this video before and even gave him fragrance suggestions. I don't know what it is about our love of scent that makes us want to watch other people talk about their cologne collections.

This guy is so high he can see the freaking sputnik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tfWjyg3ZNo
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by irish View Post
    This guy is so high he can see the freaking sputnik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tfWjyg3ZNo
    I just have to respond to this... My jaw was literally DROPPED watching this. I mean, I was in utter, breathless embarrassment for this person. I have no words.
    Edit: My comment refers to the kid sitting on the bed high in Irish's video. No problems with the original Just wanted to be clear.
    Last edited by nthny; 18th November 2008 at 09:25 PM.

I think he's been sniffing them bottles a bit too close, and a bit too much.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Looks like he has man-boobs too. Poor kid

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron.D View Post
    Looks like he has man-boobs too. Poor kid
    That's like the worst thing ever. My uncle has one and he keeps flashing them to passerbys standing in the balcony

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Morning Star

I want that 6 minutes of my life back.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

If this were shown in a theater it would be a $10 charge.

$1 to get in and $9 to leave early.
    Last edited by kbe; 18th November 2008 at 11:50 AM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Thumbs up Re: Lol

But really, it's rather entertaining and commendable that this guy takes the time and actually wastes so very little of it in rambling discourse.

True, I have nothing from his wardrobe but it's his effort that counts. And he could very well be a basenotes member!

God bless him!
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Seemed like a really nice dude to me.
    "- Harry, I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange."

AHHHHH! You guys are killing me. Damn work computers blocking youtube. I want to watch these videos so bad.

Hahaha
    the ghetto gay collection
    well the guy seems pretty ghetto and gay. the fragrances not all but some of them. (paris hilton, tommy girl, CK ONe)
    For sale: Nemo Cacharel 1,7OZ (30ML) 99% full

Quote Originally Posted by brianroy View Post
    Hahaha
    well the guy seems pretty ghetto and gay. the fragrances not all but some of them. (paris hilton, tommy girl, CK ONe)

Just becasue he is black, it does not mean he is ghetto.
    Imagine a real ghetto guy saying "You are not a man unless you wear prada" You would not have driveby's but catwalkby's

P.S. I have Paris Hilton, CK one and at some point I toyed with the idea of buying tommy girl (smells like one of them Bond 9 fragrances). I am not gay
    Last edited by irish; 18th November 2008 at 04:33 PM.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

just really fast, I want to be sure people realize I was commenting to the video that Irish sent with the kid on the bed who falls into a drug induced stupor while giving his discourse. No problems with the first video

I've communicated with BlackMambaX as well, but not in "video response" form.

I love the first guy's "urban slang" descriptions!

As for the stoned kid... That is among the worst YouTube videos I've ever seen. Does he think anyone wants to hear him tell us what color the cap is or wants to watch him smell his own fragrances and say, "thats nice"...? And why not re-film such a crappy video after you zone out for half of it?
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Quote Originally Posted by nthny View Post
    I just have to respond to this... My jaw was literally DROPPED watching this. I mean, I was in utter, breathless embarrassment for this person. I have no words.
    My computer burnt up in F-L-A-M-E watching this kid. Singing along to Hilary Duff? Who does that?

- Al

Hahaha
    I think that is a pretty rude comment. Just because he is black does not mean he is ghetto and who cares if he is gay; big deal, no need to focus on that. I posted this video because I thought his comments were really funny. The only thing that matters is that he is happy with his collection; which he seems to be. Seems like a cool dude to me and we should invite him to BN.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 18th November 2008 at 09:09 PM.

Morning Star

Quote Originally Posted by anak View Post
    Singing along to Hilary Duff? Who does that?
    I channel her during meetings and conference calls. It scares people into agreeing with me.

Mennn c'mon!!
    It's the way he TALKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS that seems GHETTO AND GAY. Not because he is black!!!!!!!! He has a ghetto voice but also a gay voice.
    If he was white and talked ghetto I would say that.
    If he was white and sounded gay I would say that.
    But he is black and listening to his voice it sounds pretty gay and ghetto to me.
    Stand up comedians make comments that are 100x ruder, you have to see my comment in that aspect.
    Last edited by brianroy; 18th November 2008 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sofreshsoclean View Post
    lol, at least he recognizes that its terrible!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d13lR...eature=related

saw that as a related video... IM JEALOUS!
    Guy has his facts wrong, he says OV was worn by Elvis.. but OV was made in 2004

Mennn c'mon!!
    It's the way he TALKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS that seems GHETTO AND GAY. Not because he is black!!!!!!!! He has a ghetto voice but also a gay voice.
    If he was white and talked ghetto I would say that.
    If he was white and sounded gay I would say that.
    But he is black and listening to his voice it sounds pretty gay and ghetto to me.
    LOL. Ok fine, you do have a point there. LOL

Well, I guess we know who cleaned out TJMaxx.

Ladies & Gentlemen, I present the Cologne "guy"! Future Basenoter in the making!!! Burr & Turin, eat your heart out, you have nothing on this kid!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sfo22ted4c&NR=1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le_jg...eature=related
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingLotus View Post
    Guy has his facts wrong, he says OV was worn by Elvis.. but OV was made in 2004
    I don't get what you're saying. Elvis is ALIVE MAN! I think you should be banned for hinting otherwise. Thati s insensitive of you. Shape up.

http://www.searchforelvis.com/

Cheers,
    Al

LOL great post theattorney. The first video is a classic. I almost feel the need to start him a page on wikiquotes...

"Tommy Girl. Some'ody LEFT this at ma house. So its mine NOW."

"Preferred Stock my brotha ga' me this, so when he comes too, I gotta let him see this shit too. But I don't wear that."

We should definitely invite him to BN. Anyone in contact with this guy?
    Sales thread here

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    Well, I guess we know who cleaned out TJMaxx.

Ladies & Gentlemen, I present the Cologne "guy"! Future Basenoter in the making!!! Burr & Turin, eat your heart out, you have nothing on this kid!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sfo22ted4c&NR=1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le_jg...eature=related
    Now THAT is a future Basenoter! Holy Toledo! But MB - there is something SO wrong with a pre-pube kid talking about a frag being "good for evening wear"! LMAO!

I love it - I think all these people are great. We should be recruiting.

Gentleman, we seriously should recruit these people, they are too awesome and unique to not get over here. How should we get them over here; maybe contact them via Youtube?? OMG, we should have a contest where if a person recruits one of these people, as seen in the above posts, then they get a prize. I would be willing to put up some $$ or a bottle for this. I think that would be awesome. LOL. Plus, I think they would like us and BN.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 19th November 2008 at 06:49 AM.

The funny thing is if he'll get into niche and end up having a better range of fragrances than us.

Blog Entries

You know - I was thinking the same thing about a contest, but more for the video makers themselves. Not existing BN members - new members. We could have a contest for best fragrance collection video - maybe several categories (not all publicly known - like goofiest and funniest). I'd put up a bottle for a winner, no problem. Maybe we could get some free samples for all entrants, and BN supporter status for a period of time for winners. Maybe some industry support or donations.

I don't know, just some thoughts. I'm interested in what others think.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    You know - I was thinking the same thing about a contest, but more for the video makers themselves. Not existing BN members - new members. We could have a contest for best fragrance collection video - maybe several categories (not all publicly known - like goofiest and funniest). I'd put up a bottle for a winner, no problem. Maybe we could get some free samples for all entrants, and BN supporter status for a period of time for winners. Maybe some industry support or donations.

I don't know, just some thoughts. I'm interested in what others think.
    Redneck, that is an awesome idea; I love the idea for best collection video because it would allow anyone to win regardless of the size, etc... so long as they make a great video and do nothing more than be the most entertaining. What does everyone else think?

Redneck, maybe we can discuss with the mods too.

Oh my God
    Oh my God
    Oh my God
    Oh my God

You hear a lot of OMG from this 2 guys... Oh my God...That's like the stopgap from which you recognize Americans...OH MYY GODDDDD
    The young kid seems to know a lot for his age. I even heard him name some notes like sandalwood, or musky vanilla, that's pretty good. Hate to say it but listening to the way he speaks, I'm pretty sure this kid is going to be gay 2. (okay I'll cut it out with the gay stuff lol)
    Last edited by brianroy; 19th November 2008 at 09:03 AM.

personally not my choice of frags...
    but looks like he has passion for his hobby and is not afraid to share his preferences on a public domain like youtube.
    so respect fella!
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Oh my God
    Oh my God
    Oh my God
    Oh my God

You hear a lot of OMG from this 2 guys... Oh my God...That's like the stopgap from which you recognize Americans
    Umm Americans don't say "Ohhh my Goddd." Just idiots. Sadly, every country has its fair share.

- Al

..........OMG..... Like......Totally..........................

Last night I was watching these I literally could not control my laughter. The first video was truly amazing. I really am at a lost for words, just absolutely amazing vid. The second one with the dude that was high of his ass, was just classic. The part when he turned to the tv for like 30 seconds, then to come back apologize for dazing off and then go back to watching it, I just couldnt control myself.
    LOL Great post attorney. Truly classic!

Yea about americans and O my god. I was pretty certain the term was relegated to teenage valley girls. If anyone I regularly associate ever used the term on a regular basis, well..... I would no longer hang out with them.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 19th November 2008 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by javagreen View Post
    That's like the worst thing ever. My uncle has one and he keeps flashing them to passerbys standing in the balcony
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, u made my morning!

Umm Americans don't say "Ohhh my Goddd." Just idiots. Sadly, every country has its fair share.
    I've watched to much MTV (roomraiders and ALL of that kinda stuff) and i work with tourists so I see a lot of OMG-girls.

I've watched to much MTV (roomraiders and ALL of that kinda stuff) and i work with tourists so I see a lot of OMG-girls.
    I used to teach film at the University of Southern California while earning my MFA. I can relate to your pain. LoL. It got catchy though "like OMG you got a like F that means like OMG you FAILED bitch."

- Al

Quote Originally Posted by TheAttorney View Post
    Gentleman, we seriously should recruit these people, they are too awesome and unique to not get over here. How should we get them over here; maybe contact them via Youtube?? OMG, we should have a contest where if a person recruits one of these people, as seen in the above posts, then they get a prize. I would be willing to put up some $$ or a bottle for this. I think that would be awesome. LOL. Plus, I think they would like us and BN.

I've sort of been trying to recruit BlackMambaX. He seems alright! As for those others, uhhhhh.... I haven't watched the young kid that talks about evening wear yet, but I will.

BlackMambaX might be lurking by now. I've suggested he come here a couple of times.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Yes sir. I've been here for a while now. I really only created this account so that I could access the search function.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaq_Mamba View Post
    Yes sir. I've been here for a while now. I really only created this account so that I could access the search function.
    Too bad you removed your youtube video...i wanted to see it.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Blog Entries

This guy's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    Too bad you removed your youtube video...i wanted to see it.
    I haven't removed any videos.