Code of Conduct
    AromiErotici

Default Ava luxe EDP's and extraits

I have recently been perusing their site and their prices for parfums and extraits are pretty good compared to others.

I haven't sampled any of their products, but some look pretty interesting. I'm wondering just how good the quality of their scents are.

Any wearers of their products wish to give an opinion?

Default Re: Ava luxe EDP's and extraits

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I just received my bottle of Midnight Violet extrait today. It's really very good. I've only sampled it so far, I've yet to give it a full wearing. She included two samples Kama extrait which on first sniff is quite impressive; and Johri EDP which smells pretty awful to me. I'll post more when I have more impressions.

I totally LOVE their Film Noir.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    I just received my bottle of Midnight Violet extrait today. It's really very good. I've only sampled it so far, I've yet to give it a full wearing. She included two samples Kama extrait which on first sniff is quite impressive; and Johri EDP which smells pretty awful to me. I'll post more when I have more impressions.
    I have a ton of samples from Ava Luxe and if I ever get around to ordering a full bottle it will be KAMA.
    There are many of her scents I like but KAMA is the one I return to again and again. But then again, I love musk.

AromiErotici

Some sound promising, however, I am wondering if the extraits are truly good and significantly better than their EDP's.

Quote Originally Posted by javagreen View Post
    I totally LOVE their Film Noir.
    Whoa for a second there I thought we were taking about Ayala Moriel, not Ava Luxe. They have a frag with the same name.

I've sampled a good variety of Ava Luxe and have found that nearly all of them appeal to me on some level. I own Madame X and Rasa in the extrait formulation and Vamp and Love's True Bluish Light in the edp formulas. I've also gone through three full bottles of her scented lotions. I have found the quality to be very consistent and the potency of both formulations to be quite intense. Madame X and Rasa both project very well, and the edps have great longevity. I highly recommend exploring this line. I have a lot of respect for Serena's creativity.

oh! Let me recommend Midnight Violet. This is a scent I could see the men wearing easily.
    Last edited by rtamara41; 7th November 2008 at 03:45 AM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

AromiErotici

I was looking at Film Noir and I believe it has suede, so that deterred me from looking into it further. I like it on others, but not on me.

I'm becoming curious to extracts since getting Bandit. I'm sure the EDP is great, but no way it can be better than the extract. It is a bomb.

The Ava Luxe line has a ton of choices....many of which I'm sure I wouldn't like. There are some though that look excellent and the parfum versions are fairly cheap. I'm concerned that the extracts may be sub-par.

Aromi Erotici, based on my own experience, I think you can be confident about the Ava Luxe extraits, as I said, I own two myself, which I am extremely pleased with. But I highly recommend sampling before committing to full bottles.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    Aromi Erotici, based on my own experience, I think you can be confident about the Ava Luxe extraits, as I said, I own two myself, which I am extremely pleased with. But I highly recommend sampling before committing to full bottles.
    Thank you rtamara41. I think ( since I like the notes in 4 fragrances) I shall sample them. Are extrait samples available?

hmm...I don't see the option to select samples on her site anymore. I would email her and ask. or put a shout out on the frags wanted board for some samples. which four frags are interesting to you?

AromiErotici

I already sent her an email and hopefully I'll hear back in a few days. There's no rush. If they don't have samples ( I didn't see any either), I'll post up like you said.

I'm glad to see this thread, because I just ordered several samples from this line. I e-mailed the perfumer, and she doesn't sell samples any more. I ordered mine online from Posh Peasant. I got them today, and will post more later!

The Kama extrait is a very nice musk scent. I've not given it a full wearing yet though; maybe tomorrow.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    I'm glad to see this thread, because I just ordered several samples from this line. I e-mailed the perfumer, and she doesn't sell samples any more. I ordered mine online from Posh Peasant. I got them today, and will post more later!
    Awesome !!! Thank you for the heads up on where to get samples.
    Quote Originally Posted by surreality View Post
    The Kama extrait is a very nice musk scent. I've not given it a full wearing yet though; maybe tomorrow.
    Please give us a small review.

A generous Kama extrait sample arrived with my order and I think I like it even more than the Midnight Violet which I ordered. Kama is a very sensuous musk that is slightly sweet but very animalic and warm. I had heard people say it was similar to MKK, but I don't quite get that. They are both animalic, but the scents are quite distinct from one another. Kama has rose and amber and some balsamic elements. It is quite well blended and lasts a very long time on me. I don't smell as much civet as I was expecting to smell based on other reviews. Kama is a warm, animalic yet wearable, barely sweet musk with a small floral element and an amber/balsam background. Of the three scents from this house that I have smelled so far, this is my favorite. Although there are better musks (Musc Ravageur, Muscs Kublai Khan) Kama is really quite good considering the price. I have more samples from Ava Luxe coming from TPC, so more will be revealed.
    Last edited by mrclmind; 7th November 2008 at 03:28 PM.

Feuilles Patchouly and Palisander are quite masculine,worths a try and you don't regret it....
    True Bluish Light is my wife's favorite and she get always compliments from every one,is hers secret weapon...
    Last edited by giannis; 7th November 2008 at 03:41 PM.

I'm wearing Kama as my SotD and I finding it to be a nice musk scent, with enough dirt to make it interesting but with a sweetness that really comes out in the drydown that tempers the musk and makes it an easy to wear fragrance.

The first few minutes are the only time it smells really dirty and at this point it is somewhat similar to MKK. However, beyond the first five minutes I have to agree with mrclmind in saying that that it doesn't really invite too much of a comparison with MKK. Kama is a decidely cleaner, sweeter and more floral musk.

I was suprised at its sillage. As I sit here it is really not very noticeable, it seems more like a skin scent but as soon as I go outside where there was a slight breeze Kama makes its presence known. I feel like I am surrounded by a cloud of musk as I walk. Also it seems to have good longevity. I applied this about 7 hours ago and it is still going strong.

Overall this is a nice scent and probably the nicest musk I've tried at this price point (with Meharrees a close second). I definitely see a place in my wardrobe for a bottle of Kama extrait.

Update: I tested Kama against MKK last night. While I stand by my earlier comments regarding a direct comparison of the two fragrances during the earlier stages of development, I found that when I woke up this morning (about 8 hours after application) I was suprised to find that at this very late stage of their development Kama and MKK are quite similar. I think that Kama is closer to MKK than the other musk that is usually used as a point of comparison; Kiehl's.
    Last edited by surreality; 12th November 2008 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Update.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

I just tried on Kretek - and I think I'm in love! If this lasts well I'm definitely getting a bottle.

I don't smell a strong tobacco note, but heavy clove, spices and smoky incense. Gorgeous.

AromiErotici

Hey.....thanks for the reviews guys. I'm going to order some samples from TPC tonight. I'll have to try all the ones mentioned above plus the ones I wanted.

Alright mrclmind and surreality you've convinced me. I'll be ordering my long overdue bottle of KAMA tonight.

This thread has inspired me to bring out my Madame X extrait as my SotE.
    For me, it's the labdanum in this complex beauty that satisfies and bewitches me so.
    As far as musk, Ava Luxe has the feminine Vamp, also with labdanum and a dose of vanilla, but there is Rasa and Rasa Xtreme, O BABY!
    Rasa is rose and musk, whereas the Xtreme version is a very sexual musky. I wonder if the Xtreme version may hold more in common with MKK, though the Rose makes it a bit sweet.

I also enjoyed the Kama Luxe Edition.
    I have 4 Ava Luxe samples up for grabs in my sales thread in the Marketplace. I think Kama has also made it to my "full bottle-worthy" list.

Update: I tested Kama against MKK last night. While I stand by my earlier comments in post #19 regarding a direct comparison of the two fragrances during the earlier stages of development, I found that when I woke up this morning (about 8 hours after application) I was suprised to find that at this very late stage of their development Kama and MKK are quite similar. I think that Kama is closer to MKK than the other musk that is usually used as a point of comparison; Kiehl's.

I tested Teakwood EdP over the weekend and I am wearing it as my SotD today. This should be called Violet, as wood plays only a very minor role in the composition when compared with the dominant role the violet note plays. If you like violet this is a must try, but for me this just seems a little unbalanced to my nose.

surreality: How would you compare the AL teakwood frag to Dunhill Desire?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    surreality: How would you compare the AL teakwood frag to Dunhill Desire?
    You know, I've never tried Dunhill Desire.

Oh, okay. It's a sweet and "synthetic" teakwood, so I was wondering how it might compare. I get a sense of violet from DD, but it's not listed as a note, so that got me thinking.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 18th November 2008 at 08:33 PM.