Code of Conduct

Thumbs down bijan men.....scary

this stuff is the most awful, loud crap i have ever smelled....I give it a scrub factor of 10 out of a possible 10....10 being the worst. What do you guys think?

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Default Re: bijan men.....scary

Bijan for Men is a scent that Batman would wear with pride..
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Institution

I wore it in my teens - I think the vintage formula was a little different than what's on the shelves now.

It was a little too much for me, at the end. However, to me, there is a sublime spiciness (nutmeg? cinnamon?) in the middle notes and drydown that was quite addictive and made it so nice to smell on a man. This, of course, took about 5-6 hours to get to - and the top notes were a little sneeze inducing (or nostril burning) depending on how much you applied. I think it reminds me most of KL Homme by Lagerfeld (and other 80's powerhouse scents).

I cannot imagine wearing it now.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 6th December 2007 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Bijan for Men is a scent that Batman would wear with pride..
    ha ha ha thats awesome
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I wore it in my teens - I think the vintage formula was a little different than what's on the shelves now.

It was a little too much for me, at the end. However, to me, there is a sublime spiciness (nutmeg? cinnamon?) in the middle notes and drydown that was quite addictive and made it so nice to smell on a man. This, of course, took about 5-6 hours to get to - and the top notes were a little sneeze inducing (or nostril burning) depending on how much you applied. I think it reminds me most of KL Homme by Lagerfeld (and other 80's powerhouse scents).

I cannot imagine wearing it now.
    i agree with you assessment...nostril burning
    Last edited by jdnba; 6th December 2007 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The only way to wear it is by spraying a very small amount in the air and let it waft onto your skin > then go to the gym and sweat for a few hours. There's something about sweating with Bijan that make it magical and manly.

That's why i like Bijan Black for men better.
    The thing with this one (B.for men original) is, that i have always thought of it as the White Diamonds (Elizabeth Taylor's scent) for men of that time. If you have tried that you'll know what it's all about.
    It's best with a walk-through spritz only.
    Last edited by castorpollux; 7th December 2007 at 01:56 AM.

How can it be scary, Bijan was one of Bill Clinton's favorite scents, along with Gendarme (and Cumming...)

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by somethinpositiv View Post
    How can it be scary, Bijan was one of Bill Clinton's favorite scents, along with Gendarme (and Cumming...)

..along with Head Over Heels

ha nuff said

Whatever they make Bijan fragrances out of these days, it's most likely something that Homer Simpson worked on.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 7th December 2007 at 02:30 PM.

Last time I wore Bijan my brother told me I smelled like Nick Nolte. I took that as a sign to stop wearing it.
    You are not your perfume.

Hey Folks, is it that bad?! Does it smell like what, after all?

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs View Post
    Hey Folks, is it that bad?! Does it smell like what, after all?
    Just a super strong powerhouse. Smells like every "masculine" note x 2 blended together. It's not "bad" as in poorly made or anything. Just a very strong woody-spicy scent from another era.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I would like the "More Is Better" group posting in
    http://community.basenotes.net/showt...=202748&page=2 to give Bijan Men the old maximum spritzes routine and let us know if it encompasses this fragrance. I would do it but for fear death by pulmonary shutdown...

Moderation in application cures a host of fragrance faux pas and frontal attacks with this one.
    Last edited by kbe; 7th December 2007 at 03:25 PM.

I happen to like Bijan for Men -- it's just a very strong Eighties-style "power frag", that's all.
    It may smell dated to some, true, but it's actually a well-crafted frag whose type just happens to be very out of vogue these days.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 7th December 2007 at 03:38 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I used to love that stuff. It's been a long time since I wore it. It's probably not the same juice as it was in 87. I don't know what I'd think of it now but I'd probably like it a hell of a lot more than another fougere which is Drakkar Noir. I used to saturate myself in that one when I was fifteen but I can't wear it now. It's some nasty business. The 10% dihydromyrcenol (laundry detergent on an aluminum counter) formula is still loud and clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Whatever they make Bijan fragrances out of these days, it's most likely something that Homer Simpson worked on.
    Doh!
    Yeah, to a degree I'm an 80's fragrance guy, and I like strong stuff. But this one made me cringe. The image that came to mind: a guy with poor taste but still completely assured that he's the bomb, so he broadcasts himself very loudly.

I had also read that this was pretty well-regarded, and maybe there is something to the reformulation theory.

For additional fun, listen to Homer's 32 dohs! Warning: not businesslike, may be loud!!!!!

Cheers, Dave
    Last edited by Cognoscento; 7th December 2007 at 04:12 PM. Reason: doh!

This is one superb frag , I found it funny the dudes above found it offensive .
    Im going to get a bottle ASAP , as the decant is almost finished . .
    Lasts for hours ...
    So for those that like Yatagan , Phileas & others like these
    >> try BIJAN

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Nude is tons better . . .
    I love Jasmine.

If I remember correctly, it's strong on the lavender and sandalwood, which means I'm not even going to bother to sample it! LOL. Another frag that's similar in some ways is Herb Alpert's Listen, which doesn't have the lavender and sandalwood, but has similar base notes. I really like Listen. If you're displeased with the lavender or sandalwood in Bijan, but want a spicy (almost hot) frag with an amber/tonka/musk/cedar drydown, it's worth sampling, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by distortech View Post
    Nude is tons better . . .
    interesting ..
    but do you like or hate it ? ............. the original

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Another frag that's similar in some ways is Herb Alpert's Listen, which doesn't have the lavender and sandalwood, but has similar base notes.
    I thought I focused on obscure fragrances but I have to concede your superiority in this regard. Where the heck did you unearth this one?

Are you going to wear it for Celebrity Scent Synch Day on November 29th?
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 18th November 2008 at 05:30 AM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

AromiErotici

I like Bijan. Not something I'd wear everyday for sure, but if it's spicy you're looking for, look no further. You also don't need much of an application.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    I thought I focused on obscure fragrances but I have to concede your superiority in this regard. Where the heck did you unearth this one?

Are you going to wear it for Celebrity Scent Synch Day on November 29th?
    I traded Listen to Bigsly

It would be far more scary if it would be Bush's preferred scent...

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    I happen to like Bijan for Men -- it's just a very strong Eighties-style "power frag", that's all.
    It may smell dated to some, true, but it's actually a well-crafted frag whose type just happens to be very out of vogue these days.

DITTO