Code of Conduct

Default Best Fruity Male Fragrance?

What is the best Fruity Male Fragrance out there on the market?

By fruity, i mean something that smells like Blue Seduction by Antonio Banderes. Not Flowery.

Default Re: Best Fruity Male Fragrance?

Mate if you like the smell of peaches....you should try to get Lancetti via Condotti....it is by far the best fruity fragrance that I have come across and the longevity is just too good for any aquatic...

Others that you can try are:

Chic for men by Carolina Herrera
    Paris Hilton for men

Basenotes Institution

Black XS by Paco Rabanne and Ananas Fizz by L'Artisan Parfumeur are pretty good!

Blog Entries

My two favorites are Clinique Happy (oranges) & Kenneth Cole Reaction (apple & melon).
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Off-Scenter

For peach, go straight to Mitsouko. Do not pas "Go," do not collect $200.
    I also recommend Bahiana for tropical fruit and Fresh Sugar Lychee for "beach party" fruit.

Polo, Black has some fruity mango notes in it which are quite nice. Double Black has some mango in it but it is not as pronounced as Black.

AromiErotici

My vote has to go to Ungaro II. Great frag with terrific fruity notes and a touch of civet.

Kenneth Cole Reaction. Especially if you want ladies to notice it. I receive compliments on it more than any other I've owned.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Nautica Voyage, or Chanel Egoiste.

Christian Lacroix Bazaar for Him

So far I've bought KC Reaction but, like a lot of people have mentioned, it doesn't hold.

The next on my list is probably Black XS and Black Polo. Is there any more recommendations where I could really get a bang for my buck (in terms of fruitiness)?

Thumbs up Re: Best Fruity Male Fragrance?

"Fruity" for me usually means a total disconnect.
    But I love Pomegranate Noir by Jo Malone. The berry notes there are very, very dark and not at all sweet. The centre is a brooding frankincense chord that lasts and lasts. The fruit notes soften it slightly but don't tame it.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    "Fruity" for me usually means a total disconnect.
    But I love Pomegranate Noir by Jo Malone. The berry notes there are very, very dark and not at all sweet. The centre is a brooding frankincense chord that lasts and lasts. The fruit notes soften it slightly but don't tame it.
    Pomegranate Noir - exactly what I was thinking!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Fruity: Armani Diamonds for men, but even better and cheaper: Santana for Men. You will fall in love with those if you like fruity.
    For sale: Nemo Cacharel 1,7OZ (30ML) 99% full

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    Pomegranate Noir - exactly what I was thinking!
    This sounds excellent apart from the fact that it costs way more than what I am willing to spend for a fruity fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by brianroy View Post
    Fruity: Armani Diamonds for men, but even better and cheaper: Santana for Men. You will fall in love with those if you like fruity.
    I love Santana. If this cologne is even a fraction as good as his guitar skills, I know i will love this too. I think you just persuaded me to buy this.

Escada Sunset Heat for Men is very nice and fruity, as is Masaki matsushima Mat; Male. As well, both are available quite inexpensively from some of the major online discounters.

I love Santana. If this cologne is even a fraction as good as his guitar skills, I know i will love this too. I think you just persuaded me to buy this.
    Don't be afraid to do so, satisfaction guaranteed.
    For sale: Nemo Cacharel 1,7OZ (30ML) 99% full

I personally like Kenneth Cole Reaction, but I hear the longevity on it makes it almost worthless

Armani Diamonds would get a second vote from me. At first I wasn't sure about it, but now I like it quite a bit.

I'm not sure what type of fruit you are talking about, in particular, since I have not smelled the example you gave, but, in my opinion, the best fruity men's fragrance is Diesel Fuel for Life. Its got kind of a citrus-y fruit punch type of fruitiness on top of a sheer or crystal musk base. I've never met a woman who didn't love the way it smells.

If you're a fan of peaches, Storer's Kadota is quite peachy.

I have all three and Fuel for Life is my favorite, with Armani Diamonds coming in a close second.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people"
    "You can't help that. We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know that I'm mad?"
    "You must be, or you wouldn't have come here."

I second the Fuel for Life for Him recommendation. I've been sampling it recently and it's really quite clean and bright with enough fruit to notice (raspberry... yum), like a slightly sweetened Geir. I'll also agree with Jesterinthemoon that every woman that smells this really likes it. It's targeted to the younger crowd, but I don't care and wear it anyway. It is fairly linear and doesn't change much in the drydown.

You could also try Dunhill Desire which has a nice apple-lime opening and vanilla-patchouli finish. I wore this alot last year and it's fun but sweet, almost too sweet.

Good luck and let us know what you end up with
    Last edited by wiley1st; 22nd November 2008 at 10:35 PM.

Definitely going to have to second Diamonds, Desire (red), Escada Sunset Heat, Fuel for Life, and Santana. All of those are in my summer rotation. Diamonds is actually in my current winter rotation as well because it has pretty good projection.

Daim Blond is a nice leathery fragrance with an apricot note and violet.
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

Calvin Klein Summer 2005 is very fruity!

Original Varvatos has quite a bit of fruity notes in it and has decent longevity so long as you get a bit on your shirt.

L'Artisan Parfumeur Voleur de roses -> plums
    Diptyque Philosykos -> figs
    Diptyque Oyedo -> fruity citrus
    YSL Opium PH -> Blackcurrant
    Detaille Miles ->grapes, apples, plums
    the last one is probably the fruitiest of all and in a very good refined way melting the boozyness of grape with sweet and slightly acrid tones of plum and apple over a leathery woody base giving anyway a refined aura.

I'll add in Rykiel Homme (Purple T-Shirt bottle) Yuzu and grapefruit enchanced by violet. Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent View Post
    Diptyque Philosykos -> figs
    I second this! It was insanely popular a few years back for a reason.
    Pomegranate Noir is also great. The good juice is always expensive I'm afraid.

Egoiste comes off as a spice bomb made of crayons - maybe it's just my skin but i don't get anything fruity off it
    Looking for small decants
    * Frederic Malle En Passant, Parfum de Thérèse * Serge Lutens Bois Oriental, Borneo1834, Douce Amère, Gris Clair, Rousse, Santal de Mysore

Quote Originally Posted by TheAttorney View Post
    Polo, Black has some fruity mango notes in it which are quite nice. Double Black has some mango in it but it is not as pronounced as Black.
    This is very true. I need to pick up a bottle of the Black, but I love the Double Black. The mango notes are more subtle but I think they are very distict from the coffeeish base. Check out Polo black and double black OP!

Quote Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post
    Escada Sunset Heat for Men is very nice and fruity
    I actually really like this one too!

Burberry Summer or Creed Virgin Island Water.

Like, Reaction, neither has amazing longevity. Still fruity though.
    "Flagrantly fragrant and they can't escape me. My perfume pursued them everywhere that they went.
    You don't want a loan, leave my cologne alone. It's a little too strong for you to be putting on".
    - Lupe Fiasco

I just received the Carlos Santana today (along with Quorum by Antonio Puig) and here are my thoughts on it (from scentiments)

Its not that fruity at all... Its actually more "manly" and by that I mean it smells like Leather + Musk. Its an excellent fragrance and one that I was searching before I got into Fruity fragrances. So perhaps the next scent I look for (ie woodsy) will turn out to be fruity.

By fruity, I LITERALLY mean kinda like the fruity bottle of Oust and Fabreeze and not Citrusy (thats something else). A FRUITY BLAST RIGHT FROM THE START. 100% FRUIT (apples, peaches, etc but not grapefruit or citrus family).

So, i will keep searching for one,
    there are a few mentioned here that i would like to try so i will keep posting.

Quote Originally Posted by urgetopurge View Post
    By fruity, I LITERALLY mean kinda like the fruity bottle of Oust and Fabreeze and not Citrusy (thats something else). A FRUITY BLAST RIGHT FROM THE START. 100% FRUIT (apples, peaches, etc but not grapefruit or citrus family).
    Yep, you want Black XS. Strawberry and Green Apple, and strawberry throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by dynendal View Post
    Yep, you want Black XS. Strawberry and Green Apple, and strawberry throughout.
    So theres no musk or anything like that in this? And its just pure fruit?

and in the beginning notes, it has sage and tagetes which are both flowers. So is this flowery?
    Last edited by urgetopurge; 4th December 2008 at 05:10 AM.

I think Fuel for Life is indeed quite fruity. Also, Romance Silver has a lot of grape in it - but it's a 'carbonated grape' so to speak. Deseo for Men is easily sampleable and starts out with a blast of berries and yuzu (a japanese citrus fruit), overall the effect is more berries than citrus though, with a hint of green in the top too.

Daim Blond is indeed rather peachy, and Osmanthe Yunnan smells like the flesh of a ripe apricot - although longevity is a bit lacking.

Montale Fruits of the Musk, L'Artisan's Mure et Musc (and Mure et Musc extreme) and MPG's Fraicheur Muskissime all do the dark berries and musk thing. I've only tried the Montal and the MPG, and the Montale is a bit fruitier (although I think the MPG smells better/higher quality), but from the sound sof it Mure et Musc extreme is the berriest of them all.

I think your best bet though is Fuel for Life. It stays quite berry'ish throughout. It basically reminded me of the smell of Fruity Pebbles cereal.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 4th December 2008 at 05:20 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quasar/del Pozo

Very realistic banana peel accord
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Its been about 2 and a half months since I started this thread and its very interesting how much my tastes have changed over this short amount of time.
    It truly is interesting how much I've learned from these quick months on Basenotes and I can't even begin to imagine how much more I will learn in about another 2 and half months or even a year.

I believe I can answer my own question at this point.
    John Varvatos Vintage
    This is what I believe to be the greatest fruity fragrance that I was looking for. Some honorable mentions would be Carlos Santana, Chanel Egoiste, and Armani Diamonds like some people already mentioned.
    I have yet to try Jo Malone's Pomegranate Noir and Diptyque Philysokos (or however you spell them). So, I see them in the near future.

Thank you everyone for all your advice and help.

creed: VIW+Aventus

I would suggest you try out:

E.Lauder's Beyond Paradise for Men
    CK's Obsession Night for Men
    E.Lauder's Brazil Dream for Men
    Donna Karan's Red Delicious Men

Cheers!

Check out some of the Lacoste Fragrances. Especially Red (Style in Play) and Elegance. Both are extrememly sweet and fruity. Cheap to with decent longevity.