Code of Conduct

Default Idole de Lubin vs PG Coze

Thanks to all who helped me decide on 5 O'Clock over Crime Exotique.

Now, the next category is...well, I'm not sure what category this is, but here are the two contestants.

Idole de Lubin

or

Parfumerie Generale Coze

Which one and why?

I love the suggestiveness of Idole, but I do own Jubilation so I kinda think I'm pulling double duty with owning both. As for Coze, I love the capsicum-chocolate-ashtray effect - very cool. Neither seems to last for more than a few hours.
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Off-Scenter

Default Re: Idole de Lubin vs PG Coze

These are beyond "apples and oranges." I can't even begin to draw a basis of comparison between Idole and Coze. I own the former and not the latter because I'm fond of animalic leathers and exotic scents and have very little interest in gourmands.

As an aside, I don't see much stylistic overlap between Jubilation XXV (which I also own) and Idole either. One is a dense, incense-laden woody oriental, and the other is an oddly transparent, boozy, smoky, animalic leather.
    Last edited by Off-Scenter; 19th November 2008 at 02:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no clue, they are really far apart, but I would NOT choose Lubin because the longevity is horrendous on my skin. It is sad too because Lubin is such a gorgeous scent. Cool bottle too, especially as a collector of exotic masks from around the world; the mask hanging off the Lubin bottle looks striningly similar to a mask I have from Kenya.

How do you all fel about Lubin's longevity?
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 19th November 2008 at 02:09 AM.

Vibert, you're absolutely correct. However, I feel they both have the same "effect" or feel, despite the differences in scent genre.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Post Thanks / Like

Coze is just a gorgeous, thick, gourmandish fragrance - nothing like Idole at all. I love PG fragrances and would thus pick Coze. Idole is nice, but it doesn't stand out as anything special, IMO. For a PG Coze's longevity isn't great (4-6 hours), but it's certainly average for a fragrance. I've only sampled Idole, so I can't really comment on it's wearable longevity.

I can't speak for PG because I haven't tried it...but I have Idole and love it. I agree that longevity is very bad on the skin AND on clothes...a good 5 hours MAX! to me Idole is all about Saffron...so actually it's closer to PG's new Fellanila IMHO.
    Items for Sale

"Fragrance is a silent conversation. Would you keep talking, if no-one replied?''
    -Michael Edwards

Off-Scenter

Quote Originally Posted by TheAttorney View Post
    ...How do you all fel about Lubin's longevity?
    I have no problem with Idole's longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibert View Post
    u obviously have a connection with Idole Vibert...just saw ur wardrobe icon...nice
    Items for Sale

"Fragrance is a silent conversation. Would you keep talking, if no-one replied?''
    -Michael Edwards

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to choose Idole, overall a much nicer fragrance than Coze which I think is one of PG's weaker offerings.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree about Idole's longevity. It only lasts 2-3 hours per application on me. If I had to choose, I'd choose Coze over Idole anyday, as I find it more complex and satisfying.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vibert View Post
    Me neither.. it really sticks around for the day on me. Same with Coze (which is on my wishlist.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheAttorney View Post
    I have no clue, they are really far apart, but I would NOT choose Lubin because the longevity is horrendous on my skin. It is sad too because Lubin is such a gorgeous scent. Cool bottle too, especially as a collector of exotic masks from around the world; the mask hanging off the Lubin bottle looks striningly similar to a mask I have from Kenya.

How do you all fel about Lubin's longevity?
    I really, really don't know what to say in regards to Idole's longevity. Reading about its poor longevity at first, when I bought it I agreed. It seemed to dissapear in a matter of hours. Now, though, I find it PERFECT in matter of longevity for me. At the end of my work day, anywhere from 6 to 9 hours, I still catch whiffs when I take my shirt off. Now, I have uber dry skin so longevity is always going to poor for me, but I really don't have any qualms whatsoever with the longevity of Idole as long as I spray it under my clothes.

Edit: About the two, I have not tried Coze, but love Idole so I can't really offer a rec, other than saying that to me Idole is definitely FBW.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 19th November 2008 at 04:09 PM.