Code of Conduct

Default Safari Ralph Lauren

I'm thinking of buying this but I don't want something that smells too old man. I'm 28 I don't want to smell older than I am. I love this though. Do u think I can pull this off. What r some opinions on this scent

Default Re: Safari Ralph Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by blacklibran1 View Post
    I'm thinking of buying this but I don't want something that smells too old man. I'm 28 I don't want to smell older than I am. I love this though. Do u think I can pull this off. What r some opinions on this scent
    It's too classy for someone who perpetually types posts as if they're text messaging someone.

Sorry, someone had to say it to you.

Last edited by Indie_Guy; 19th November 2008 at 07:35 AM. Reason: typo

LOL (sorry... )
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Do u think I can pull this off.
    I think you can. The only thing that matters: do you like the scent.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

It can be edgy and somewhat off-putting to more than a few. A blind buy it ain't. I like it though..
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I'm quite new here but do find the "too old man" comments a bit frustrating - it's all subjective of course but what some might consider "old man" for others just ooze class (Givenchy Gentleman, Polo Green).

Post Re: Safari Ralph Lauren

No, stick with Acqua di Giò pour Homme for a few more years! When you find you have enough confidence in yourself, and don't have to ask for permission to wear a certain fragrance you may wear it.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Quote Originally Posted by Ron199 View Post
    No, stick with Acqua di Giò pour Homme for a few more years! When you find you have enough confidence in yourself, and don't have to ask for permission to wear a certain fragrance you may wear it.
    I agree that you dont need nobody else to tell you that this is the right or the wrong fragrance for you. I'd say wear it if you like it and even if others say it isn't right for you.

Personally I find Safari to be a fairly nice fragrance. Its quite inoffensive and I certainly don't associate it with an old guys smell. I wear it occassionaly. It doesnt seem to last very well on me and thats why its not really my favorite...

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    It's too classy for someone who perpetually types posts as if they're text messaging someone.

agreed .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Well according to your wardrobe you already own it....so why ask?
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Thank you to all who replied and were not negative. Secondly its not about confidence in my fragrance choice. I just know that I have ran into people who have offended me with their scent and I would hate to be one of them. I would never wear AcDG because its not something I like. Forgive me for my text like abbreviations I use a blackberry and so it takes forever to type. And lastly dimitrios and everyone else who had something to say that was not even needed .. Kiss my in shape ass and get over it. This is a forum where people can speak their minds. Isn't that why we are all are here. Have a fantastic day wearing your bs kouros. Lol

So lame lol
    Last edited by blacklibran1; 19th November 2008 at 02:33 PM.

Neither the male nor female Safari appeals to me. Talk about lame. I've never smelt in on anyone, so can't say whether it works on another. On me, no fanx.

Quote Originally Posted by egrorian View Post
    I'm quite new here but do find the "too old man" comments a bit frustrating - it's all subjective of course but what some might consider "old man" for others just ooze class (Givenchy Gentleman, Polo Green).

If you like Safari just go for it!

Damn you stereotypes!!!

I don't like Safari, but still I find it quite unique. Never smelled it in anyone, though.

Now, a scent for your age? I don't agree with that concept, I think you should wear whatever you like. However, don't overapply, just for a matter of politeness.

I used Safari quite frequently in my twenty's with no ill effects.......... Actually racked up a good amount of positive feedback....... Still keep a bottle and wear it from time to time........ Transforms and mellows out very nicely on me........ Personally, I wouldn't classify it as super casual, but more semi-casual on up........

Forget some of the previous stupid wise ass off topic responses and grab that Safari......... You said you love it and that's the whole point here.......
    Last edited by John.com; 19th November 2008 at 04:58 PM.

.. Kiss my in shape ass and get over it. This is a forum where people can speak their minds. Isn't that why we are all are here. Have a fantastic day wearing your bs kouros. Lol

So lame lol
    No, kid. Kiss MY ass. It's posts like yours that cause people to spend less and less time on these forums.

Every one of your goddamn posts is some overdone drama-queen crap with nothing but attitude. I don't care if you think this is a bit too harsh. It's been a long time coming. You start non-starter threads that go nowhere, like "Ooooh, lols. I got X scent n all my roommates r like 'u smell good n cozy lols' n like I wud just hav an orgasm is they made a body lotion. I don't wanna smell like an old man, cuz if i did i wud just die. lol."

You don't listent to anyone's constructive advice. Nor do you seem to pick up on the general tenor of these boards and learn the flow. Instead, you prance petulantly around here like a bull in a china shop, constantly making repetitive posts, not using the search function/directory, criticizing fragrances and opinions you don't like in a brusque, infantile way and above all, doing it with an aloof, insulting attitude that prevents you from learning anything at all about the world of fragrance.

YOU have a fantastic day wearing your bs fragrance of choice.

whatever. I listen to many peoples constructive advice. Listen, this thread was started not tor upset anyone. all i wanted was a few opinions. And others made sarcastic comments. What is that not infantile? Um i think it is. Also post from members who instead of just answering a question have to get on their soap box and be rude. Look , I apologize if I have offended anyone in the past but im not going to deal with people being rude to me then expecting me not to retort back. Sorry friends, not happening. Wow , its just a fragrance forum . I will continue to say what i feel. If you and others don't like it, don't comment. It's that simple. Thanks, have a great one
    Last edited by blacklibran1; 19th November 2008 at 06:18 PM.

Strangley enough I just had a good thread on Safari a couple of weeks

back.http://community.basenotes.net/showt...ghlight=Friend

Good stuff.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Indie-Guy ... wow !
    Blacklibran1 .
    You only need to take a little time & put in some thought to the answers you perceive to receive !
    Also absorb some of the advice/tips coming your way & all will be fine .
    cheers

Last edited by Dimitrios; 20th November 2008 at 12:55 AM. Reason: shortened

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post

Lol That is so true. Now I have to make sure I don't do that!!

Lol That is so true. Now I have to make sure I don't do that!!

blacklibran1: I looked through all the threads that you started and the overwhelming majority of them have 2-3 members telling you to use the search function because you are posting repetitive threads. If you think I am exaggerating then I seriously suggest you review the threads you started.

For your convenience, here is a link to all the threads started by you:

http://community.basenotes.net/searc...earchid=660033
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 20th November 2008 at 12:36 AM.

If you like Safari, buy one bottle.

In my opinion, is a very safe fragance. A little bit old? Absolutly. Excellent for 40-50 years old.

But....a little bit old is bad? Absolultly not. Just the style.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like this.....sample 1st.....give it a try.....Gary

I luv cologne

lolz
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I am a big fan of Safari but I unfortunately cannot wear it. Every time I put it on, within minutes I end up with a headache.

Though its widely known blaclibran rarely ever uses the search function (god knows Ive tried)... I think his opening question is a very valid one for the Men's Discussion board.

Cut him some slack gents, and you, blacklibran, in return, promise us you will punch in some keywords in the future to read more about the opinions you seek on any given fragrance. Whilst the majority of basenoters are only too happy to impart their knowledge, some will get frustrated if you keep coming to the well without doing a little research first.

Peace y'all!

Can we stick to the topic. Please take up any issues you may have via PM

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Though its widely known blaclibran rarely ever uses the search function (god knows Ive tried)... I think his opening question is a very valid one for the Men's Discussion board.

Cut him some slack gents, and you, blacklibran, in return, promise us you will punch in some keywords in the future to read more about the opinions you seek on any given fragrance. Whilst the majority of basenoters are only too happy to impart their knowledge, some will get frustrated if you keep coming to the well without doing a little research first.

Peace y'all!
    I agree. I've already sent Blacklibran a PM with an apology for the tone of my post. I stand behind my criticism (and I feel that it wouldn't have been necessary had he listened to advice in the past), but I feel like I could have voiced my opinion in a more constructive and less personal way.

Cheers.

Now wtf.. why do all of you snobs critisize every thread this guy makes? He is only curious in frags, and isnt that what this site is for? What on earth is the problem with making new threads on famous brants, what? Lets all never write on this forum again, because we got a searchengine... lol ^_^

Again, can we stick to the topic?

Safari is a timeless masterpiece IMO. I love it and consider it one the most pleasant, warm and masculine scents ever made. I'm 26 and enjoy it a lot, BUT due to its over popularity, I don't wear it publicly too much.
    " Human beings are members of a whole,
    In creation of one essence and soul.

If one member is afflicted with pain,
    Other members uneasy will remain.

If you have no sympathy for human pain,
    The name of human you cannot retain."

Saadi (13th Century Persian Poet)

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Our local Marshall's seems to have the 3.4 oz Safari for Men on sale in the mid $20 range very often and it does sell out quickly. I am always tempted to purchase a backup bottle until I realize I just don't wear it very often and a second bottle would probably never get opened, although I do enjoy it's very unique composition. The simple fact is it competes with so many other choices in my wardrobe and sample box.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Institution

I've never smelled Safari, but I feel like it has a great reputation here on the boards. Although this is not always the best reason to wear a fragrance...

I don't know.
    Safari is okay, but it never really grabbed me.
    I own half a bottle of it which I bought cheap as a used tester, and have rarely used it.
    I think it's had it's day.
    But on the other hand, the even older Ralph Lauren Chaps original, I still think is great.

I suggest buying it only if you can clearly visualise using it on some particular occasion where you think it would go down well.

Safari is rarely discounted down here, and is one of the consistently more expensive scents.
    Renato

Safari is way overboard. One of those "true stinkers" of oakmoss and herbal citrus if you ask me. It's a little wild, so maybe that's the appeal.

I deeply apologize if i offended people. I will use search engine in future.. lol Promise.

I deeply apologize if i offended people. I will use search engine in future.. lol Promise.

I never got around to getting on topic, so here goes...

Safari for Men is a nice scent. Before I started collecting in earnest, and I had about three bottles of cologne, one of them was Safari. My uncle got it for me for Christmas ( I was about 22). I liked the spicy quality in cool weather. To be honest, I always forget about how good this one is. It's really smoky and herbal. It's not mature, but it's not kids' stuff either. Evokes a fireplace. Very dry. In the same vein as Michael (Kors) for Men (another good one that deserves to get some spins) and even more like Jo Malone Amber & Lavender.

It's an interesting transitional fragrance from RL. Evolving beyond Polo green and Polo Crest but before Polo Blue and the recent fresh releases. It's kind of the forgotten RL. It IS traditionally masculine and mossy. Preppy. It can be found at good prices. I don't know if it's your cup of tea (given what types of scents you like), so you'll probably want to test it first-- but I think it's a classic.

Thats just it, im trying to veer away from the fresh clean stuff and get into more masculine , richer deeper fragrances. I remember sniffing this a while back and i just cant recall what it smells like . lol anyway I am going to buy it today if all checks out.

I love Safari. Like others have said, if you like it, wear it and enjoy it.

AromiErotici

Like all bottles of juice out there......and there ARE multitudes of it to be sure.....Safari is no worse than some and better than alot of overrated frags.

It's not great. However,it's pretty good for what it is and if I had to choose between it and the slew of aquatics that we're bombarded with these days, I'd have Safari in my arsenal.

I wear it for myself mostly ( around the house) and I'm almost out of my 2 sample bottles. I guess I'll pick up another fairly soon.

Old man? I don't think so. A coworker gave me a bottle of it this week, never a good sign when someone up and gives it to you, and after a long day at work can say definitively it's a genetically engineered copy of Swiss Army in the sliver can. Don't know exactly what that makes it, but old man it ain't.

I tried in in March. It reminded me of Montana (red box) with a huge powdery quality added. I wouldn't mind sampling it again, to see if I still experience it the same way.