Code of Conduct

Default Sniffing New Releases from a Magazine

OK, I KNOW that smelling paper is hardly the most effective way to discern a fragrance.

So with that being said, I finally opened up December 08's Vanity Fair and found the following:

1) "The One." Matthew McCaughanay (sp?) as the model. He seems like a world class eccentric. No insert to smell, but this one has been written up.

2) The new unisex Lagerfeld collection, "Kapsule." No sniffing possible, but there are a "Light," Floriental" and "Woody" frags.

3) Perry Ellis. Just Perry Ellis. Very unique bottle. I had high hopes on this one as PS is one of my old school favorites, but the scent on paper is so faint as to be unrecognizable.

4) Versace pour Homme. Again, too faint to comment on, but smells kinda aquatic. I have to say I expect something different from this house, but it was very ho-hum. Maybe in person it'll come alive.

5) Izod. Decorative bottle; not able to smell.

Yeah, and Vera Wang's new fragrance for women, Look," was there too. She seems to favor light scents.

Anyone familiar with these, except #1? Or have they already been written up? Opinions/thoughts?
    Last edited by Butthead53; 19th November 2008 at 06:34 AM.

Default Re: Sniffing New Releases from a Magazine

IDK if it's the glue or what, but they all smell too similar out the mag folds.

Default Re: Sniffing New Releases from a Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    IDK if it's the glue or what, but they all smell too similar out the mag folds.
    I agree. Then I when I smelled Intimately Beckham for Men, I realized I had found a bottled version of what I always ended up smelling in those magazines.