Code of Conduct

Unhappy Damn....Why did I sell this!

I just sold a bottle of Bond Riverside Drive to a basenoter and when I was getting the package ready, I decided to steal a spray out of it

Gosh....this stuff is amazing...Why did I even bother to sell it...This bottle has been sitting with me for almost a year and I would never really turn towards it but today it was a different beast.....I already regret selling it.....I am already thinking where am I going to buy it again...Was I crazy not to love it when it was just there?

Well its gone for now and I am going to miss it.....The search for it will begin once I have downsized....

Can you believe this that I regret selling it the moment I am packing it to be shipped? Thats wierd.....Or it could be a weak moment .....Or it could be the weather.....There was something different about it today...

Lets hear what you regretted selling...

Default Re: Damn....Why did I sell this!

CdG Vettiveru...I don't know what I was thinking. I plan on buying this again. Creed REL was another.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

I keep coming back to frags I think I don't like, about once a month, until I've given it a few wearings, at minimum. Then I might decide to swap/sell it, unless it was a blind buy that I absolutely hated. The only regret, a minor one, is Pino Silvestre, but that I used as a room spray. I didn't like it worn on me though.

Armani Black Code

Talking Re: Damn....Why did I sell this!

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    Armani Black Code
    Damn.... Why did you tell this!
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    Damn.... Why did you tell this!
    Damn...why not.....Atleast now I can offer Jack some Black Code alongwith Black Aoud

Paul Smith London & Black XS. Swapped PS London and another frag for Hanae Mori, which I'm really not keen on, and Black XS for a few others. The frags I got in the swap I like more, but I wish I still had that Black XS!
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

I was mystified when I saw you'd just sold it.
    I'd just tested the Bonds one at DJs, and posted here that Riverside Drive was the best of the lot.
    Renato

I rarely regret selling fragrances, as almost always they are ones that I'm not using, but the ONE that I sold and then said, "What did I do???" was a vintage botttle of Chanel no. 19. Perfectly fresh, always carefully stored, and smelled like a million bucks. I'll probably never find another bottle and wish I had kept it!

Which one was I happiest to sell? Lutens Santal Blanc... good lord, did that stuff stink!!!
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 25th November 2008 at 02:35 PM.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

I think we all know the moral of the story here.

I was so close to get rid of BdP... I was saved by divine intervention ... lesson learned.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Man, all the love for Riverside Drive has got me puzzled. I have tried SO hard to like it, coming back to retest countless times, but it gets no love from me. All I get is herbal overdose, basil, basil and more basil. I think it might be that I am discovering perhaps that this type of frag is one I hate, but either way with all the praise it gets, I figured there must be something wrong with me.

Sorry to sort of go off on a tangent, but back to the original question, so far I haven't sold anything so there isnt anything to regret, however, I do regret certain purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    I think we all know the moral of the story here.
    To keep a really, really close eye on what Gupts is selling - in case he does it again?
    Renato

Usually I only regret getting rid of Bonds and Creeds, but in reality, I would not have sold them if I really liked them.

Probably the only scent that I would mourn not owning is Hermes Terre d'Hermes. All the rest are just amusing trifles...just stuff...

No regrets yet, but sometimes I do decant with pain in my heart. I´m still tempted to buy back up bottles but I still have a good amount of juice to go through tbh.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Blog Entries

Creed OV
    M7 (ended up repurchasing)
    Gaultier2 (srsly..wtf was I thinking?? ended up repurchasing)

Every once in awhile I want my Rochas Man back...but Avon Tomorrow is close enough.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

The regret I feel is usually like a divorce. "I wish it could have worked out...the first impression was great and all, but best of luck to you."

And considering I usually lose about 50% of what I paid....it does seem to fit. :P

When i was a relative newbie here, i swapped away stuff that now looking back at it makes me cringe...stuff like Havana and PDN New York. WTF was i thinking??????
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by Basteri View Post
    I was so close to get rid of BdP... I was saved by divine intervention ... lesson learned.
    Are you enjoying BdP now; I remember you were pretty disappointed when you got the bottle in the mail? I bought a bottle recently and love it.

Basenotes Institution

I stupidly sold a bottle of Rose (Series 2: Red) by Comme des Garcons last year - I have been missing it ever since.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

i sold TdH. Dont hit me! I was outta money and thought I could waive it. Damn do I miss it as casual wearing scent

Blog Entries

I have a pretty ordinary less-than-hardcore regret list.

I gave away my decanted 1 oz bottle of Mugler Cologne and ended up buying Paul Smith Story to replace it (just because it's different). Months later, just last week, I ended up buying the Mugler Cologne gift set (not really a loss here since I never owned a full bottle in the first place). I also regret swapping D&G PH for 212 for Men. I thought it was a good idea, but I still had a decant left of D&G PH and I wore it a few weeks ago. Now I miss it. I got the 4.2 oz tester so frickin' cheap too. I sold a 1 oz bottle of Burberry Brit with Rykiel Homme, just so I can get rid of Rykiel Homme. I also want to revisit Burberry Brit again, I think I actually liked that one and it never survived more than two wearings before I had to sell it (not counting the sample I get from Sephora, which lasted 2 wearings).

This has gotten me to think about my trades...and yes, I do make trades where I send away fragrances that I really love, but most of the time its to get something that I will enjoy more. I've traded Shisedo Basala, Allure, Burberry London, Burberry Touch, and Rochas Man, among others. In return, i've gotten fragrances like Canali, Sexual, Creed decants, and some others. Its human nature that you would want something that you don't have anymore, but hopefully you would end up with fragrances that you like a little bit more.

I recently bought and sold Burberry London to a friend because I was dissapointed with its longevity and silleage on the skin. It's a shame because I really like this one but it would be nice if the top notes didnt' fade out so quickly since they're the best. When my friend wore it he sprayed on his shirt and it projected nicely. I think I will buy a bottle of London again next week so it's no great loss since it's readily available for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I was mystified when I saw you'd just sold it.
    I'd just tested the Bonds one at DJs, and posted here that Riverside Drive was the best of the lot.
    Renato
    I am going to try to find it again but only after I've brought down my portfolio to a manageable level.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    To keep a really, really close eye on what Gupts is selling - in case he does it again?
    Renato
    I am having a look at my sales thread several times during the day to double check and recheck if there is something in there that I shouldn't really be selling. I just decided I am going to keep a bottle or maybe two bottles of Patou pour homme for myself.
    @ Renato....Btw I am also sort of missing to see my bottle of Creed OV

Poivre Samarkand travel size, I miss you...
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    When i was a relative newbie here, i swapped away stuff that now looking back at it makes me cringe...stuff like Havana and PDN New York. WTF was i thinking??????
    What!!!?? That's unforgivable!

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post
    Poivre Samarkand travel size, I miss you...
    I almost traded my Poive Samarcade, but didn't... and I'm glad I didn't because I recently 'got it' and am very happy with it.

Basenotes Plus

I'm the opposite I cannot seem to get rid of my Platinum Egoiste and Burberry Touch, I wont be sad when and if they go.

I did give my brother my bottle of Antidote and regretted it pretty soon after.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

I sold a vintage Woodhue that smelled just like I remembered when I was a teenager (it was my signature scent!) and I regret that. It's hard to find a good bottle of the original.
    I regret selling my trois epices set from L'Artisan :-(

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    @ Renato....Btw I am also sort of missing to see my bottle of Creed OV
    I don't know why exactly, but even though it's just the standard Creed bottle, the colour of both it and the scent makes it a thing of beauty to my eye. There's something extremely aesthetically pleasing about it.

Thanks for parting with it. It's gone to a good home.
    Cheers,
    Renato

[QUOTE=CologneJunkie;1366448]Creed OV
    [QUOTE]

Trying to make me feel guilty?!

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

The only bottle I sold that I regretted later was L Air du Dessert Moroccain. Wish I had that one back sometimes.

Back around 2000 I trimmed down my 50+ bottle fragrance collection to three fragrances that I actually used. I just took the least used fragrances and threw them in the trash. Of course I didn't have basenotes then and had no idea that anyone would ever want to buy already opened bottles of fragrance and nobody to give them to - so I just chucked em in the trash. It was a ritualistic act of self cleansing - purging my life of frivolous materialism etc. I felt all better and clean inside for a while. I tossed old Creeds, Guerlains, Chanels, Lagerfeld, Polo, C&S 88 and Neroli, etc and many many other items I had collected through the 1980's and 1990's. The ones I kept were Creed Erolfa, Bulgari pour Homme and Gendarme. That was it. I regret that move sometimes.

Since I started my collecting of fragrances again I have laughed out loud at the selfishness of this personal cleansing indulgence of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I stupidly sold a bottle of Rose (Series 2: Red) by Comme des Garcons last year - I have been missing it ever since.
    I think I ended up with your bottle.
    Do not worry, it is receiving the love it deserves.
    Last edited by irish; 26th November 2008 at 05:48 PM.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

Guerlain Heritage
    Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree
    Herrera for Men Sensual Vetiver
    Tuscany
    I gave away too much Ambre Canelle

Last edited by bbobkc; 27th November 2008 at 03:10 AM.
    I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are wise and very beautiful; but I have never read in either of them: Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden.'' --Saint Augustine

“Hastiness and superficiality are the psychic diseases of the twentieth century, and more than anywhere else this disease is reflected in the press.”--Alexander Solzhenitsyn