Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Spicebomb.com is live!

So, they finally got the site up and going...gotta say, I'm pretty jazzed about this fragrance!

Default Re: Spicebomb.com is live!

What a name..

But I just read the notes.. sounds pretty good! Definitely going to keep my eye out for this one.
    Current top 3:
    1) Gucci Pour Homme II
    2) Givenchy Play Intense
    3) Dolce & Gabbana The One

Need this now

i will pass on the website and wait to test the frag
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Will soon be available locally.

It's available for shipping from Nordstrom, my local store said they would have it in here "very soon". I'm close to just buying this one blind...

I've resisted ordering so far, as I'll be in Harrods in a couple of weeks. Really looking forward to trying and, I hope, buying!

Can't wait. Some Nordstroms may already have a tester or some samples from what I read. Maybe I will go and test before I buy.

Already bought a bottle at Nordstrom

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Already bought a bottle at Nordstrom
    So you bought a bottle at the store and they had it in stock?
    I was told that the store will not get any until March 7th but you can order online now and get it in 3-8 business days mailed to you fro free.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    i will pass on the website and wait to test the frag
    easy move wasn't it ? website (liberally named) is a non-event

Tried this yesterday at Nordtrom's - kind of an Egoiste meets a beautiful tobacco with spices, (cinnamon, pink pepper) and florals. A sweet drydown. Classy.
    Last edited by neal; 17th February 2012 at 12:50 PM.

Oh and BTW- reeeeeeally liked it.

Sur la Plage

It's one of the best designer releases in recent years.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Yeah I like it quite a bit too, Just bought a bottle.

Just re-sprayed this again and now I am getting a whiff that is reminiscent of Dior Homme of all things. Strange.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Just re-sprayed this again and now I am getting a whiff that is reminiscent of Dior Homme of all things. Strange.
    I smelled that also.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I am intrigued...
    My top 5: Sea Mist; Minnow; Crab, tiger, and almonds; Semprini; Rancid Polecat N░ 2

Well, the impressions above bring me some serious optimism! I've got a gift card for The Bay burning a hole in my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    Well, the impressions above bring me some serious optimism! I've got a gift card for The Bay burning a hole in my pocket.
    Does that mean it's at The Bay now? I'll have to drop in on my way home from work today.

Quote Originally Posted by gmm150 View Post
    Can't wait. Some Nordstroms may already have a tester or some samples from what I read. Maybe I will go and test before I buy.
    You really should. My Nordstroms had a small lab sample, and I was able to just get a couple sprays on a test strip. But even based on that, I'm going to join the chorus on this one: It's really, really nice. Will be purchasing as soon as it hits the store.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

Just got back from the mall with a sample of Spicebomb. It is a bit hard to describe the smell. Especially for an amateur like myself. It is sweet with some woods and a touch of spice. I doesn't smell unique or uncommon but there isn't anything that I have tried that smells exactly or really close to it. To my nose it doesn't smell like Musc Ravageur or Joop. I don't get much of the cinnamon. It kind of reminds me of a woodier Rochas Men without the coffee note but a tobacco note instead similar to Altinnsbruck aftershave or Versace The Dreamer. Less sweet than Rochas. Rochas has a better opening imo but Spicebomb has a better dry down.

I see this as more of a fall/winter scent but can be pulled off in the spring or a cool summers day/night.

On a side note I also retried Creed Aventus and Royal Oud today. I liked Spicebomb the best followed by Royal Oud. Aventus just doesn't do anything for me.

EDIT: Also it doesn't seem to have great longevity on my skin. Maybe average.

My local Nordstrom just called to say they got it in, I'll have to head over tomorrow as I'm leaving for work shortly here. I'll let you guys know what I think when I get it!

After wearing it for about 8 hours and respraying it one time I can say that it smells good BUT not good enough for me to buy. My wife is a HUGE Flowerbomb fan (and so is almost every woman I know for some reason) but she didn't like Spicebomb that much.

Funny I have no problem with longevity with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by colognewhore View Post
    Does that mean it's at The Bay now? I'll have to drop in on my way home from work today.
    Shit. Sorry man, I dont think it is yet...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Tried this yesterday at Nordstrom's - kind of an Egoiste meets a beautiful tobacco with spices, (cinnamon, pink pepper) and florals. A sweet drydown. Classy.
    I need to check out our Nordstrom's. It may be in. I swear I smelled this in the elevator at work, and couldn't believe it, but it was twice in the same day. Not sure what smells like it otherwise. It was GREAT, too, I should add.

Yeah, I'm buying this one for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    Shit. Sorry man, I dont think it is yet...
    I called The Bay today in South Center Mall (Calgary) and the SA said they don't have it yet, but should be getting it soon - no exact date though. Wrackum frackum!!

Ok I am back on the fence with this one. Just showered and resprayed it. It does smell nice. I actually might buy this or Pure Shot (which I haven't smelled yet). I still can't put my finger on what it reminds me of. I was thinking maybe a bit like Gucci Pour homme II or Dior Homme or Burberry London maybe or John Varvatos Original. Heck I don't know. Smells good though.
    Last edited by gmm150; 18th February 2012 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    It's one of the best designer releases in recent years.
    Total agreement lets hope it's not the only one this year.

Sur la Plage

Funny I have no problem with longevity with this one.
    Nor do I.

Total agreement lets hope it's not the only one this year.
    That would be nice, but I don't have much hope with everything announced being some "sport" or "L'Homme" flanker......

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    That would be nice, but I don't have much hope with everything announced being some "sport" or "L'Homme" flanker......
    Yeah, this was certainly unexpected. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that V&R keep to their pattern of avoiding "sport" flankers in favor of something more their style (and our style). An extreme or EDP version of this would be quite awesome.

I hope Nordstroms.com ships fast..... the wait is killing me. lol

An Extreme version wouldnt surprise me. Flowerbomb Extreme is amazing.

I just bought this one, as well as getting five 1.5ml samples, and so far I love it. Viktor & Rolf hit the nail on the head, and this is an amazing job on their part. I'm wearing it to work tonight so we'll see how long it lasts!

I tried it today. Not too shabby. I'll have to go back on Monday and get a sample so I can get a few full wearings in. It was a little synthy up top, but the dry down is quite nice...

This stuff is the bomb!!! I will own soon!!!
    Gary

Got a sample from Nordstrom. Not really my thing. Soft, sweet, holiday spices, and subtle. I prefer Pure Malt if I had to choose. I'm not too big a fan of that one either, but they give me a similar feeling.

Picked up my bottle tonight from Nordstrom.

Quote Originally Posted by gmm150 View Post
    Ok I am back on the fence with this one. Just showered and resprayed it. It does smell nice. I actually might buy this or Pure Shot (which I haven't smelled yet). I still can't put my finger on what it reminds me of. I was thinking maybe a bit like Gucci Pour homme II or Dior Homme or Burberry London maybe or John Varvatos Original. Heck I don't know. Smells good though.
    Spicebomb kinda reminded me of Boss bottled. I smelled both today and they smelled similar. Or maybe Burberry London?

Blog Entries

Wife got it for me for Valentine's! Glad I held out for this one!

Wohoo! Just saw this is at the nordstrom by me now. Gonna check it out next week. Is the price typical of V&R frags? 100ml for $95.

Maybe just wait and see if it tanks and get from a discounter.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Wohoo! Just saw this is at the nordstrom by me now. Gonna check it out next week. Is the price typical of V&R frags? 100ml for $95.

Maybe just wait and see if it tanks and get from a discounter.
    Yeah, that's typical for Nordstrom on a major new release 3.0+ oz. I think the big Bleu de Chanel 5.0 oz was over 100.

It may show up in Saks for a little bit less down the road, but not by much.

Not sure when it will show up with online discounters. But check out the prices on Flowerbomb on Fragrancenet.com! WHOA.

Just got back from Nordstroms and tried out Spicebomb. I think I will be buying this one with the money I saved not buying Pure Shot. Great sweet tobacco scent. Bottle is great as well. Got a sample that I filled up and will give it a test run tomorrow. I think this is one of the better designer frags to come out in a while. Hoping the projection/longevity is decent.

Available at Nordstrom folks

now when is it coming to canada? i heard the bay is having launch promotion on feb 28th. anyone confirm

I am really liking this frag. Sprayed acouple of shots on my arm 2 hours ago and it's still projecting well (can smell it without having to put my nose up to it). I think anyone who likes Gucci Pour Homme II will like this one. It's got the same tobacco vibe , but more pronounced and intense.

This stuff is awesome. It's like a different take on tobacco vanilla.

Now I wished I would have purchased the 3.3oz

The Chicago Nordstroms is definitely doing this launch up right. A very prominent end-cap display coupled with 3 additional shelves. Tons of stock, including supplementary products -- I believe shower gel and aftershave balm/lotion (but don't hold me to that). One thing I'm pretty sure on, however, is that the large EDT bottle is 90ml versus the standard 100ml.

Got a healthy sample made up, so I can finally properly try this out!

Our Nordstrom is all decked out for Spicebomb displays everywhere with huge factice bottles at stations through out the store along with the commercial playing. Nordstrom is really pushing and behind this launch like they did with Flowebomb.

Will be picking this up there tomorrow.

Was at my Nordstrom's here in Jersey today and MAN are they pushing this like some of the other posters said. They emptied an entire 5 shelf display and have it loaded up with everything in the Spicebomb line.

On the other hand, I hate to be the first one but this isn't for me at all. Mikesc above hit the nail on the head with the Gucci PH II reference ... which I don't like at all. It doesn't start out that way and when I first sprayed it, I got a bit of an Eav des Bavx vibe from it. But on the drydown, it has that same kinda musty tea/tobacco accord (on my skin anyway) that the Gucci has.

On the bright side, I saved some money. They were giving away free spray samples so I grabbed a couple and will explore it further but I don't think I'll be purchasing this in the future.

I'm walking up to Nordstrom's right now to pick up a sample. I'm not a designer-fragrance guy by any stretch but I'm hoping this one lives up the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by flouris View Post
    I'm walking up to Nordstrom's right now to pick up a sample. I'm not a designer-fragrance guy by any stretch but I'm hoping this one lives up the hype.
    Your choice of avatars, however, is impeccable Mr. Flouris.

Quote Originally Posted by flouris View Post
    Doing likewise here shortly. This is the most exited I've been for a designer fragrance since the debut of Pure Havane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory88 View Post
    Your choice of avatars, however, is impeccable Mr. Flouris.
    Many thanks, and yours as well

So I am testing Spicebomb for the 2nd time tonight - I am absolutely sold, this went from a mere curiosity to a definite bottle buy, no doubt about it. Lives up to the hype, from top to bottom this is an instant classic.

Looking at the note breakdown and reading about all the hype this just adds to the list of frags I want to try. I love gucci ph 2 and if this is anything like this but with better longevity and projection then it's a must try. When's it coming to Canada ?

Don't believe the hype. Try it first.

I've been trying to like my sample, but I can't. It's not horrible, but I can't stand to smell it for long. My girlfriend said it was "okay, not that bad, but don't buy it."

I passed the sample onto my brother who sprayed some on his arm, hated it. He asked his wife and couple of friends what they thought. Nothing good to say. Best comment was "It reminds me of apple pie, but I wouldn't want to wear that."

Did anyone understand those little Spicebomb paper match boxes? I guessed I was supposed to spray the little paper matches. They also had large ones which were for the paper strip samples, but those little ones were strange.

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Best comment was "It reminds me of apple pie, but I wouldn't want to wear that."
    I know what you mean about the apple note, although I perceive it as more of a tea note. In another Spicebomb thread (I've found myself going over all the various threads about this release tonight) people have made the comparison to the tea note in L'Artisan's Tea for Two. That's telling, at least for me, as when I first put this on and was heading out of Nordstrom's it hit me: this smells so much like Russian Caravan Tea by CB I Hate Perfume, which is one of his finest and a total comfort scent that I always considered to be a fantastic tea/apple/spice fragrance. Spicebomb's version is stronger and more complex - the first 30 minutes are euphoric.

Longevity is a slight issue here but I consider it a blessing in disguise. I think if Spicebomb was a 12 hour powerhouse I'd find myself far too fatigued from it and probably grow to hate it. As it stands now, I'm really enthused by this one.