Code of Conduct
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default What objects are you scenting around you these days?

I noted Crayfish's comments in downtothreepetals' thread What'cha Have Coming In the Mail? She's scenting her hankie. I know some of you are still laughing that I spray my TP with Eternity. Do you spritz your clothes ... hand fan ... gloves ... pillow ... whatnot? And who here was it who dabs her kitty's head cuz he asks for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Crayfish View Post
    The solid perfume also gives me the added bonus of a wonderfully orange-scented handkerchief - the first time I applied it, I wiped the traces off of my hands onto a "real" handkerchief that I happened to be carryng, and enjoyed having that orange-scented bundle of fabric so much that I'm making a point of carrying one now, and pre-scenting it, even if I'm wearing something else that day.

Default Re: What objects are you scenting around you these days?

Pillow gets a couple of drops of lavender essential oil most nights before bed, and, yes, my dogs usually get a dab of whatever I'm wearing that day.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

sachets and hang them in my closet or put them in my drawers

once in a blue moon I'll spray my linen

last year I broke my bottle of eau de reglisse, I sopped it up with clean hand towels and have them in closets and drawers as well. I couldn't think of what else to do to not completely waste a whole bottle of perfume and I didn't want it to eat into the finish on my hardwood floors. It's been over a year and they still have scent. I'll just leave them until they fade completely.

I thought of your TP after leor's bathroom-deodorizing thread.

I have a gauzy canopy over the bed that I spritz with different fragrances once in a while.

Tang, your gauzy canopy sounds so romantic. I'm afraid if I hung one of those I'd have Circe de Soleil kitties flying above my head.

My drawers are full of paper scented mouillettes (thanks for the proper term, Quarry!), and empty vials, and scented decanting supplies. Because I don't reuse my plastic funnels and such for fear of contaminating another scent, I end up dropping them in my drawers. If a drop rubs off on my clothes I feel they have not gone to waste. I also put LUSH bubble bar soaps in my cabinets to scent my towels. I always find a LUSH bath bomb that I've forgotten about in my sock drawer.

I have to ask: Quarry, why Eternity on the bath tissue? I love the idea, actually, and have some thoughts about using up things I don't like that way, but wonder why did you choose Eternity? Is it too redundant to paraphrase Wordbird and suggest Paris Hilton's Can Can instead?

Quote Originally Posted by lushsoup View Post
    Tang, your gauzy canopy sounds so romantic. I'm afraid if I hung one of those I'd have Circe de Soleil kitties flying above my head.
    My two have left it alone, although one tried to lunge after a wayward ladybug on it last month. (It's my patio screen door that suffers the most abuse from those two hooligans!)

OT: I sometimes spritz something in the car if I have a bottle with me -- I like the way it seems to linger longer that way.

And Quarry, another important question is this: Over or Under?
    Last edited by tang; 20th November 2008 at 10:32 PM.

Blog Entries

Talking Re: What objects are you scenting around you these days?

LushSoup, ARGhh ARGhh, Paris Hilton's 'Can Can', Good one!!

I do like the idea of soaking up perfume on a towel or micro-cloth & keeping it in the linen chest. That should keep out the faint must/mildew smell that sometimes accumulates from steam in the bathroom.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Cirque de Soleil kitties!

I dunno ... I just like Eternity on paper. It smells woody. As for under or over ... neither. Oh, tedious me, I'm still trying to design a stylish TP holder-comme-grab bar to compliment the decor and disability-accommodating goals I've set as mandatory. The TP sits next to the sink for now.