Code of Conduct

Default SotW November 8th-14th, 2008

Sorry it took so long Perfumistas and Colognoisseurs but Week 37 of SotW is finally here. Due to the lateness of this my commentary will be short this week. The raw numbers were down across the board as we had 1,171 total posts representing 673 different scents of which 448 were worn only once for an individuality index of 38.2%. 57 scents were logged in for the first time which accounts for 8.5% of the overall scents posted. After a string of three very high output weeks we fall back quite a bit this week. I’m not sure why the numbers were down but they were.
    The big 5 also reflected the lower numbers although it looks like nothing can really make a dent on Guerlain as it posted 99 wears on 28 scents led by Vetiver which finds itself the #2 scent which has become a rarer thing for this one recently. Guerlain places two more scents in the top 10 with Shalimar at #3 and Habit Rouge at #10. Serge Lutens posts its usual number two performance with 52 wears on 24 scents led by the #7 Chergui with 9 wears. Chanel posted 38 wears on 18 scents led by two with 5 wears Pour Monsieur and Coromandel. Creed posts 32 wears on 16 scents led by Bois du Portugal at #7. Hermes has 24 wears on 11 scents with Terre D’Hermes in at #10 with 8 wears. The big 5 totals are 245 wears (21.0%) on 97 scents (14.4%).
    In other House News Ava Luxe posted its highest week ever. Bond No. 9 bounced back to the high levels seen throughout the summer. Parfumerie Generale also continued its surge in popularity this week. There were no big downs but a number of houses were off by about a third this week and they are: Caron, L’Artisan, Estee Lauder, Goutal, Montale, and Comme des Garcons.
    The rest of the top 10 consists of Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur at #3 with a record week of 13 wears. Tied at #5 are two that have seen increased wears of late in Bvlgari Black and Burberry London for Men. Tied for 7th is Tauer L’Air du Desert Marocain. All that is left to mention is the week’s #1 which is Dior Homme with 18 wears.
    Top 10 for November 8th – 14th, 2008
    1.) Dior Homme 18 wears (1.5%)
    2.) Guerlain Vetiver 16 wears (1.4%)
    3.) Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur 13 wears (1.1%)
    3.) Guerlain Shalimar 13 wears (1.1%)
    5.) Bvlgari Black 10 wears (0.8%)
    5.) Burberry London for Men 10 wears (0.8%)
    7.) Creed Bois du Portugal 9 wears (0.7%)
    7.) Serge Lutens Chergui 9 wears (0.7%)
    7.) Tauer L’Air du Desert Marocain 9 wears (0.7%)
    10.) Guerlain Habit Rouge 8 wears (0.6%)
    10.) Hermes Terre D’hermes 8 wears (0.6%)

Three scents just missed this week; Guerlain L’Instant pour Homme, Prada Amber pour Homme, Yves St. Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme. Not a great week for new releases with Versace pour Homme the leader with 5 wears and Guerlain Cologne du 68 one behind.
    That’s it for this abbreviated week 37.
    As always, you keep wearing ‘em and I’ll keep counting ‘em
    Have a well-fragranced week.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Default Re: SotW November 8th-14th, 2008

as always very intriguing...i just have to try that L’Air du Desert Marocain...just to see what all the fuss is about
    Items for Sale

"Fragrance is a silent conversation. Would you keep talking, if no-one replied?''
    -Michael Edwards

Thanks SMM - you make such a difference!

Thanks, SMM! My horse won this week!
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Is this the first time for Dior Homme to be #1?
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

Great stuff, as always.

SMM, is 'Dior Homme Intense' considered a distinct fragrance from Dior Homme? (I assume it is). Also, when was the last time Bvlgari Black made it in the top 10? I know I've seen it before (I think)... is it a fragrance that usually hovers outside the top 10 or is was this week a big spike?

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    Great stuff, as always.

SMM, is 'Dior Homme Intense' considered a distinct fragrance from Dior Homme? (I assume it is). Also, when was the last time Bvlgari Black made it in the top 10? I know I've seen it before (I think)... is it a fragrance that usually hovers outside the top 10 or is was this week a big spike?

Many thanks.
    Dior Homme Intense is considered different for the purpose of the stats as are all versions with Light, Intense, Extreme or other modifier in their name.
    Bvlgari Black has been in the top 10 six times before this charting at:
    #10 on Week 1
    #8 on Wk. 5
    #4 on Wk. 10
    #9 on Wk. 15
    #10 on Wk. 24
    and most recently
    #6 on Wk. 31
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/