Code of Conduct

Default L'Heure Bleu and Sacrebleu

I may have read a review that mentioned the similarity in names of these perfumes and speculated at a connection between the two, if there was an intent in the naming by Guerlain granddaughter Patricia de Nicolai.
    Today I wore Sacrebleu and tonight am wearing L'Heure Bleu after a long time of neglect.

Is it my imagination, or is there a similarity in the richness of these two? And of two sweet spicy hearts, that beat in unison?

I almost wondered if there was cardamom in L'Heure bleu, but I doubt it. Still...something may be there.

Anyone else have similar comparisons between the two? Scentemental, do you hear me???
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Default Re: L'Heure Bleu and Sacrebleu

I have worn both and love both. They have similar personalities, but if the comparison comes down to how the scents actually smell to me, then no, I don't feel I am sniffing double, so to speak. Interesting question, though.

Thanks for your reply. Maybe I am imagining it!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Rtamara41 You have 2,879 posts under your belt to my 200-something posts, so it is highly possible that you are not imagining it, and that I just can't detect what you have detected.

oh dear, I wasn't counting. that is rather alarming!
    in any case, I will be doing some extensive research in comparing the two
    and we'll just see what I can come up with!

it's like they both have this rich sweet warm center, but Sacrebleu has a spicy edge to it...
    must do more research