Code of Conduct

Default Domenico Caraceni 1913 EdP

has anyone tried this?

http://theperfumedcourt.com/Products...LGEDECANT.aspx

I have emailed TPC to see if this is a different formula from what one has seen (and purchased at luckyscent). I'm intrigued by the "European exclusive" that "is not available in the United States."

My bottle doesn't say EdT nor EdP, but it does have "85% vol" on the bottom. Curious to know what the story might be.

Default Re: Domenico Caraceni 1913 EdP

Unless you purchased Ivy League or Loren, it is the same as the one listed as 1913 on Luckyscent.

I remember reading that Luckyscent is not able to restock Domenico Caraceni. There is some speculation that Domenico Caraceni may have ceased production of their fragrances.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 31st October 2008 at 05:08 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

One of the saddest moments of a fragrance enthusiast: the discontinuation of your HG.

Ok I do not believe in HGs, but it sounds more dramatic than "favorite rose scent" or "one of my top 3 fragrance".

I am still wondering if it is discontinued... or if it is just an european law thing. Anyone has any idea? of what is happening?

A friend and I bought the last two bottles from Luckyscent and per LS, they aren't getting anymore ever again. That doesn't necessarily imply that the US isn't carrying it.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

what a drag!
    maybe Aedes can stock it? Seems like there would be enough interest for some vendor here in the US.
    I guess what made me say "hmmm" was that luckyscent bills this as an EdT while TPC was pitching an EdP.
    Last edited by Oaksbluff; 1st November 2008 at 01:08 AM.

I think Franco at luckyscent.com would want to carry DC if he could, it's really a question of not being able to get it. There's a German seller that appears to still have it, for now. Aus Leibe something, I believe.
    Last edited by Joe_Frances; 1st November 2008 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oaksbluff View Post
    has anyone tried this?

http://theperfumedcourt.com/Products...LGEDECANT.aspx

I have emailed TPC to see if this is a different formula from what one has seen (and purchased at luckyscent). I'm intrigued by the "European exclusive" that "is not available in the United States."

My bottle doesn't say EdT nor EdP, but it does have "85% vol" on the bottom. Curious to know what the story might be.
    I think there might be a slight misundertsanding at TPC. There is only one DC 1913. It is an Eau de Toilette, says so on the packaging. The bottle says 85% on the bottom, so it may be considered EdP concentration, though it is officially designated EdT. And if Luckyscent no longer carries it, it may now be a European exclusive. It is still easily available in Germany. Online at Aus Liebe zum Duft
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

thanks the_good_life!
    that is exactly what I was trying to find out.

Another thanks to the_good_life for that info. I've also e-mailed lucky scent to get confirmation that they will no longer be stocking it. I'll report back when I get a response. I'm really bummed since it was next on my "to purchase" list.

I recently saw a bottle on eBay....

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    I think there might be a slight misundertsanding at TPC. There is only one DC 1913. It is an Eau de Toilette, says so on the packaging. The bottle says 85% on the bottom, so it may be considered EdP concentration, though it is officially designated EdT.
    The bottom of mine also read Eau de Toilette and 85% Vol.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    The bottom of mine also read Eau de Toilette and 85% Vol.

As does mine...
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

1913 is not part of the name. It is on the packaging, but the oficial names is just Domenico Caraceni

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher View Post
    A friend and I bought the last two bottles from Luckyscent and per LS, they aren't getting anymore ever again. That doesn't necessarily imply that the US isn't carrying it.

TNMA
    They lied...

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=40600

Very limited supply...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    They lied...

Very limited supply...

Suckers! Made me stock up for no reason!
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Wait. So all this mourning has been for nothing? Everything's fine, never mind?

Now what am I supposed to do with the 2 dozens of DC I bought from germany?

WEAR IT!:toppie:
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

The fact that Luckyscent was able to buy a few bottles of Domenico Caraceni in no way changes the fact that Domenico Caraceni has been discontinued.

I posted an email within the last week or two directly from the company that holds the license for Domenico Caraceni confirming its demise.

The value of the bottles you bought has not diminished.

The fact that Luckyscent was able to buy a few bottles of Domenico Caraceni in no way changes the fact that Domenico Caraceni has been discontinued.

I posted an email within the last week or two directly from the company that holds the license for Domenico Caraceni confirming its demise.

The value of the bottles you bought has not diminished.
    Thanks for your answer TwoRoads. I actually bought only 3 bottles as I could not afford more. So yes I exaggerated a little , sorry. But even if they were not discontinued, they are still pretty valuable to me. I bought the shaving cream and shampoo too so hopefully I have DC for year to come...

EDIT: I really like your signature.
    Last edited by irish; 20th November 2008 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    They lied...

Very limited supply...

Whoa! Wait, though... before "we" order, are these the damaged bottles that had leaked?
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    Whoa! Wait, though... before "we" order, are these the damaged bottles that had leaked?
    Ask him. However if they were, I trust that Franco would have disclosed that on the website. I have never had any reason to doubt his integrity.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 20th November 2008 at 03:50 AM.

Wow, that's incredibly depressing. I can't believe DC is going to be ... well, DC'd. (discontinued, for those of you who don't get it!)

That makes me sad.

Thanks for the info, TwoRoads. Sad to have this confirmed but good to have actual information.

From the Domenico Caraceni - new manufacturer thread:

I received this email earlier today:

Dear xxxx xxxxxxxx (aka TwoRoads),
    indeed, the production of the Caraceni line has ceased because the license contract has been canceled.
    But we are still aible to deliver for several months, you can find and order the fragrances here:
    www.firstinfragrance.com and on the page click on Aus Liebe zum Duft - Online Beautystore der Fa. Wuchsa

Best regards, Alexandra Stricker

Classic Parfums
    Westendstrasse 73
    60325 Frankfurt / Germany
    +49 1717591049

Well, the mystery continues....on the luckyscent website, it appears they have Domenico Caraceni for sale again. I meant to call Franco, but haven't had a chance. For a long time they definitely had a "sold out" sign in red now it's gone, and I believe that means its back in stock.

Well, I'll be.......

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Frances View Post
    Well, the mystery continues....on the luckyscent website, it appears they have Domenico Caraceni for sale again. I meant to call Franco, but haven't had a chance. For a long time they definitely had a "sold out" sign in red now it's gone, and I believe that means its back in stock.

Well, I'll be.......
    He sent an email to those who registerd to be informed when it became availble again. In that email he, Franco, writes that there is a "limited supply" of bottles. I would interpret that as:

BUY ONE BEFORE THEY ARE ALL GONE FOR EVER AND EVER!

Has anyone checked to see who owns the license for DC 1913? What are the circumstances contributing to the end of its production and can the license be bought? I have no ties to the fragrance industry but if I did I'd be looking into this. Really elegant stuff this is and I can see it becoming a classic in years to come; shame to let its formula hide out in the aether.
    Edina: "What's that, Pats--what are you drinking?"

Patsy: "Chanel no.5"

--Absolutely Fabulous

Quote Originally Posted by hugh View Post
    Has anyone checked to see who owns the license for DC 1913? What are the circumstances contributing to the end of its production and can the license be bought? I have no ties to the fragrance industry but if I did I'd be looking into this. Really elegant stuff this is and I can see it becoming a classic in years to come; shame to let its formula hide out in the aether.
    The owner of this particular Caraceni brand is the tailoring establishment Gianni Campana: http://www.campagna.it/

The fragrance was made by Forester Milano: http://www.askforester.com/it/index.htm

The distributor was Classic Parfums: http://www.classic-parfums.com/

What Caraceni shares with Campagna perfumes is the utter lack of marketing. The stir created here on basenotes is about 90% of the publicity this ever got. I imagine it never sold well - what a surprise.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.