Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Balenciaga pour homme

Recently I got hold of a tester bottle of this amazing scent...On the back of the bottle is printed the complete scent pyramid.....I thought I would share it with you all here...

Top notes:
    Ceylan Cinnamon, Italian Bergamot, Coriander, Thymc.

Body notes;
    Patchouli, Sandalwood, Cypres, Cedar.

Dry notes:
    Oakmoss Yougoslavian, Vanilla Bourbon, Amber, Musk.

The bottle is so tacky whereas the juice inside is mindblowing. I mean compare it to any designer juice of today and you feel how tastes have changed... I have worn this for days in a row now and can't seem to like it any less with every passing day....For some reason I am not getting that 'Kouros' note out of it....I do remember getting this 'Kouros' note from another bottle that I had tested long ago...That bottle is in storage for now and I am thinking of getting it out to compare it with this new tester bottle that I've just got.....

In fact I get a lot of 'Honey' from it yet it is not a listed ingredient....Well there is this 'sweet' note in it which I may be mistaking for 'honey'....

This surely is one of my most loved fragrances....It gives out fairly good sillage and lasts a long time too....I am sure there are other 'Balenciaga pour homme' admirers on this board.......I would say post in this thread and lets all enjoy together.....

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Balenciaga pour homme

...and getting very hard to find, too, at least around these parts...
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Post Thanks / Like

Indeed very hard to find and pretty expensive if you finally find a bottle, but completely worth it IMHO.
    Amazing fragrance! I will wear it tomorrow, if I don't forget it! :wave:

It's on my list this week anyway, but there are dozens of others as well ....
    Last edited by dr.creed; 21st November 2008 at 07:13 AM.
    dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

vita odorifera
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Gupts, JaimeB and dr.creed. I have been seeing a lonely 100ml bottle of BpH languishing on a shelf at one of my fave shops. I have been studying the various reviews on it and think its my kind of scent. Plus, its discontinued and therefore collector-grade IMO.

Buying it tomorrow.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

Post Thanks / Like

please correct me if wrong..are we referrign to this one.. ?

http://www.nellbutler.com/photos/BAL...20(Custom).jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    please correct me if wrong..are we referrign to this one.. ?

http://www.nellbutler.com/photos/BAL...20(Custom).jpg

Yeah Jen, thats the one.....and hey if you have just found a stash of these in an inconspicuous fragrance store in India for like US$10.......share them with me

I love this stuff..........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Yeah Jen, thats the one.....and hey if you have just found a stash of these in an inconspicuous fragrance store in India for like US$10.......share them with me
    Me too!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like

me three !!

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Post Thanks / Like

lol never seen this one.. lemme try some more stores

ps. ill apply "Gupt" rates though
    Last edited by jenson; 25th January 2009 at 09:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    This surely is one of my most loved fragrances....It gives out fairly good sillage and lasts a long time too....I am sure there are other 'Balenciaga pour homme' admirers on this board.......I would say post in this thread and lets all enjoy together.....
    I have to say that while this is different than Kouros and I've had each on at the same time they are similar and they do share a kind of intensity.
    The drag to this being discontinued and hard to find is that I would use this scent along with Yatagan as the scent to try when they ask for something different.
    Balenciaga pour Homme has a great feel to it without being quite as overpowering as Kouros is.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

vita odorifera
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=
    Balenciaga pour Homme has a great feel to it without being quite as overpowering as Kouros is.[/QUOTE]

Yep! Couldn't wait tilltomorrow and bought the lone BpH for about US$30 (converted).

The Kouros "thing" is there, a caramelised Kouros. Weapons-grade sillage. Different interpretation of the incense accord in the drydown. They are similar scents, but distinct enough, in how they play out, to be used for different purposes and for different moods.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Is it just me, or does somebody else smell traces of Oudh in vintage version of Balenciaga Pour Homme?

Oh, and by the way, feel free to dump your bottles on me (either version)... :-)
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir View Post
    Is it just me, or does somebody else smell traces of Oudh in vintage version of Balenciaga Pour Homme?

Oh, and by the way, feel free to dump your bottles on me (either version)... :-)
    Mudassir, how can you tell the vintage version in terms of packaging and bottle from the reformulated version? I'd be very interested to know.

BTW, I love this stuff. One of my top ten fragrances of all time without any doubt.

Thanks.

scentemental

bump

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Scentemental,
    I am afraid I might not be of much help with bottles/packaging differences as one of the bottles I have is a tester and the other is a regular bottle. Neither has a box. But the older bottle's cut on the sides seems to be a bit deeper. I am not sure whether it is because of it being a tester or older. Nevertheless, that still wil makes it a bit harder to spot a bottle. Pluran might be able to help us more. He is the one who pointed out the newer juice is much sweeter than the older one. Luckily, I ran into an older bottle without even knowing about it.
    Last edited by Mudassir; 16th May 2009 at 01:28 AM.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir View Post
    Scentemental,
    I am afraid I might not be of much help with bottles/packaging differences as one of the bottles I have is a tester and the other is a regular bottle. Neither has a box. But the older bottle's cut on the sides seems to be a bit deeper. I am not sure whether it is because of it being a tester or older. Nevertheless, that still wil makes it a bit harder to spot a bottle. Pluran might be able to help us more. He is the one who pointed out the newer juice is much sweeter than the older one. Luckily, I ran into an older bottle without even knowing about it.

Thanks Mudassir. I will have a look at my various bottles, and see if I can figure out the packaging differences. If I can figure out those differences, I will do a side by side test and see if I can detect a difference in the respective formulations.

scentemental

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for bumping this thread but I found this scent incredibly good. So, Gupts, you can count me in.

Please don not take these remarks as conclusive, but I trace analogies between Balenciaga's Pour Homme with YSL's Kouros and Jazz and Gucci Nobile - it reminds me to the first one in terms of strength, but as someone said, less overpowering. To my nose, mid notes resemble those of YSL's Jazz, and the base notes are quite formal, as those found in Gucci's Nobile.

It could be considered an ultra-fashion-like scent by many (in ordinary terms, extremely eightish), but again, I can not stop perceiving very formal and traditional notes in the drydown, old school yet contemporary.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember wearing Balenciaga a long time ago, I miss it and would wear again if I ever find it

Post Thanks / Like

I was working as a SA when this came out. I still like it when I smell it. We all decided it had a distinct
    "Coca Cola" note to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    Sorry for bumping this thread but I found this scent incredibly good. So, Gupts, you can count me in.

Please don not take these remarks as conclusive, but I trace analogies between Balenciaga's Pour Homme with YSL's Kouros and Jazz and Gucci Nobile - it reminds me to the first one in terms of strength, but as someone said, less overpowering. To my nose, mid notes resemble those of YSL's Jazz, and the base notes are quite formal, as those found in Gucci's Nobile.

It could be considered an ultra-fashion-like scent by many (in ordinary terms, extremely eightish), but again, I can not stop perceiving very formal and traditional notes in the drydown, old school yet contemporary.
    I agree with you mate...there is definitely some Kouros notes in there that I missed out on when I started this thread....I understand the Jazz affiliation as well...it's the same warmth that these both share.....particularly with vintage Jazz *the one in plastic bottle*.....This is phenomenal stuff....I am glad I am well stocked on this beauty......

Quote Originally Posted by seasoldiermarine View Post
    I remember wearing Balenciaga a long time ago, I miss it and would wear again if I ever find it
    mate....it should be the other way around.....If you miss it, look for it and you'd find it around.......It still is available in a few places