Code of Conduct

Default just bought Opium Edp blind

just bought Opium Edp blind after reading all the reviews. what a great scent reminds me of Creeds Royal Delight when first sprayed then it has a great spice smell that I cant put my finger on very happy with it.

Default Re: just bought Opium Edp blind

is this womens or mens version?

i bought it as well but opium PH edp and mine should be here tuesday and bought it blind as well

mens version purchased from beautyencounter.com from a link I found here at basenotes

yep that where i bought mine as well

just wondering, besides online, where else can I purchase Opium EdP?

I purchased my Opium pour homme EDT a couple of weeks ago, and it has become my definitive favorit at the moment. A smell of luxury! -And today i received my Opium shower-gel, buying it from strawberrynet.com..

well i just got my Opium PH EDP in the mail today and I love it!!!!!

It is just fantastic!!!

I just don't see myself using the EDT anymore to be honest.

Congratulatjon! After i`ve used my Opium for a couple of weeks now, i found out what that fruity smell in it was.. Black currant! Beautiful compound with the sweetness.

Opium EDP is really a timeless masterpiece, hope they never discontinue this one.

I really want to try this one out! is 1.6 the largest bottle they make ?
    Im just nervous about dropping 60 US + Shipping and exchange to Canada on a blind buy..

Hi all,

I also would like to get OPIUM EDP...and just found it in amazon US$24.95:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...RTS0Q&v=glance

But Ships from and sold by PerfumeToGo...

Is this the real/Original OPIUM Eau De Perfum?

Does anyone knows something about PerfumeToGo??

Thanks for your help!!
    Monsieur Rochas Concentree (1969 - Old Vintage - Honey Coloured Juice) - Hard to find.
    Terre d'Hermès
    LUI by Rochas
    Oscar Per LUI by Oscar de La Renta
    Desir de Rochas Man (New One)
    Eau de Orange Verte Concentree - Hermes
    Eau Sauvage - Dior

Quote Originally Posted by Ulises Rodriguez View Post
    Hi all,

I also would like to get OPIUM EDP...and just found it in amazon US$24.95:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...RTS0Q&v=glance

But Ships from and sold by PerfumeToGo...

Is this the real/Original OPIUM Eau De Perfum?

Does anyone knows something about PerfumeToGo??

Thanks for your help!!
    If its sold through Amazon, then its ok. At that price, i wouldn't waste another second if i was you .
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Thanks knightowl for your fast answer!!

As you already recommended , I wouldn't waste another second...and I will place my online order at Amazon...
    Monsieur Rochas Concentree (1969 - Old Vintage - Honey Coloured Juice) - Hard to find.
    Terre d'Hermès
    LUI by Rochas
    Eau Sauvage - Dior

I've seen some Opium at the local TJ Maxx for under $20... I wasn't a big fan of it though. Smelled a little too old for me

Thanks knightowl for your fast answer!!

As you already recommended , I wouldn't waste another second...and I will place my online order at Amazon...
    Just because it's sold by vendors on Amazon doesn't make it legit. To be sure you're getting legit products you must buy from Amazon and not its vendors. It's not like Amazon checks the companies whether they're legit or not. It's like eBay. Anyone can sell anything. I only hope you get the real thing if you did in fact place the order. I seriously wouldn't risk it and would try to get my money back. That company you want to buy from only has 30 feedback. Why not go for a company that's more reputable and not some complete unknown company?
    Last edited by Ronin; 16th November 2008 at 08:59 PM.

Thanks Ronin for your Help!...

Do you or anyone on the forum knows where to get Online OPIUM Eau De Perfum
    at Low Price (US$25.00 to US$35.00) ?
    Terre d'Hermès
    LUI by Rochas
    Eau Sauvage - Dior

Thanks Ronin for your Help!...

Do you or anyone on the forum knows where to get Online OPIUM Eau De Perfum
    at Low Price (US$25.00 to US$35.00) ?
    Phew, that was close. That's a really cheap price for a EDP and that alone can be a warning sign. It's a good thing you didn't buy it since chances are it would have been fake. I don't know if you'll ever find Opium EDP from a reputable source for that cheap. Amazon deosn't sell the EDP version of Opium but it does have some great prices for other fragrances. Be sure the seller is Amazon. They even offer free standard shipping. Also, you can sign up for a 1-month Amazon Prime trial which lets you get free 2-day shipping. Just go to a search engine and type in "Amazon Prime."

I went against everyone's advice and ordered it from Amazon. The reseller is perfumetogo, which has an ebay store. Perhaps someone here could comment on reliability. Their feedback site on ebay is here:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...k&myworld=true
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I've seen some Opium at the local TJ Maxx for under $20... I wasn't a big fan of it though. Smelled a little too old for me
    I've only seen the EDT version of it and not EDP at T.J. Maxx. There's a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Snafoo View Post
    I went against everyone's advice and ordered it from Amazon. The reseller is perfumetogo, which has an ebay store. Perhaps someone here could comment on reliability. Their feedback site on ebay is here:

Keep us updated on this purchase. I personally have a hard time trusting any discount fragrance sites other than Amazon themselves which have some nice prices.

i would get it from here

http://www.beautyencounter.com/33654...html?synertech

$55 but this is where i bought it and can be sure it is the real thing more money but this is worth every penny and $55 not bad for an EDP

I jumped on this also - low risk blind buy ($25).

Thanks to all and Ronin...Agree, That's a really cheap price for a EDP and that alone can be a warning sign!.

I also found it in Enchante Perfumes & Cosmetics in Canada, but the price is to hight ( $72.00 Canadian Dollars Shipping Charges To the United States for 1-2 items...$ 9.95)....And in Beautiful Perfumes (US$59.99):

http://eperfumes.ca/product.php?prod...5&cat=0&page=1

http://www.beautifulperfumes.com/3365440025530.html

As Denec, I really thing that is better to get it from www.beautyencounter.com (US$59.90),
    just to be sure it is the real thing!
    Last edited by Ulises Rodriguez; 17th November 2008 at 12:55 AM. Reason: To add Beautiful Perfumes Link.
    Terre d'Hermès
    LUI by Rochas
    Eau Sauvage - Dior

Quote Originally Posted by dmarino67 View Post
    I jumped on this also - low risk blind buy ($25).
    That was my thought, too. Besides, I've never bought a fake fragrance before, so this might be my chance to see one up close. Green Frich Tweed, anyone?

BTW, this item is a refill spray, which may account for the low price. No fancy Opium bottle.
    Last edited by Snafoo; 17th November 2008 at 01:54 AM.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

I bought mine a few years ago for $25.00 and it's the real deeleo .

There's no incentive out there to make fake Opium PH EdP because very few people know about it.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

www.beautyencounter.com is a real deal website! they used to be called www.perfumebay.com until they changed it. their werehouse/office is only a 10 minute drive away from my home so I always end up there when I need to get something. actually, i was there a couple of days ago and came home with the last bottle of Knize Ten that wasn't even posted on their site as well as MPG Santal Noble. I wanted the tester of Santal Noble b/c it was half off the regular price but the guy working said that they forgot to change the availability of the product online so he took $10 the original bottle.

BTW: Im also thinking about getting Opium pH EdP from them this coming week, lets just hope they have enough left for all of us.
    Last edited by heymynameismark; 17th November 2008 at 04:06 AM.

I just received Opium Pour Homme EdP that I ordered from Amazon.com (reseller: perfumestogo), and I LOVE it. Much, much more to my liking than the EdT. And yes, despite the many cautions from folks who posted to this thread, this Opium is the real deal, and a great deal too at ~$30 for a 50 mL refill bottle.

The EdP is much more refined than the EdT, no doubt about it. With the EdT, I was simply overwhelmed by spice, but the EdP is softened by a gorgeous mandarin topnote and rich vanilla/patchouli base. I've only had it on my skin for an hour or so and it just keeps getting better. I'm not a big fan of vanilla, but Opium has changed my opinion.

On a sour note, I also ordered what I thought was the EdT version of Pierre Cardin (green box). Alas, it was merely the cologne, so back it goes. Score for amazon.com resellers: 1 for 2.

I just received Opium Pour Homme EdP that I ordered from Amazon.com (reseller: perfumestogo), and I LOVE it. Much, much more to my liking than the EdT. And yes, despite the many cautions from folks who posted to this thread, this Opium is the real deal, and a great deal too at ~$30 for a 50 mL refill bottle.

The EdP is much more refined than the EdT, no doubt about it. With the EdT, I was simply overwhelmed by spice, but the EdP is softened by a gorgeous mandarin topnote and rich vanilla/patchouli base. I've only had it on my skin for an hour or so and it just keeps getting better. I'm not a big fan of vanilla, but Opium has changed my opinion.

On a sour note, I also ordered what I thought was the EdT version of Pierre Cardin (green box). Alas, it was merely the cologne, so back it goes. Score for amazon.com resellers: 1 for 2.

Glad you got the real thing!!! and yes EDP is so much nicer!!!

I just love Opium edp....sometimes I feel its just too good to be true to be able to get this outstanding fragrance for as little as $25....It surely is a gem and surely ranks right up there...This is easily a $100 scent for me....I wouldn't say the same thing for the edt however.....I am just too stuck up with the edp at the moment....but its only for the colder weather....however I do look forward to spray a little on the back of my palm on slightly colder days even during summers.....

Happy to know that you got the real thing!!!...

BTW, Could you please post a picture of the bottle and Box of Opium Pour Homme EdP
    that you ordered from Amazon.com (perfumestogo)?...
    Last edited by Ulises Rodriguez; 20th November 2008 at 11:49 PM.
    Terre d'Hermès
    LUI by Rochas
    Eau Sauvage - Dior

Good to see that it worked out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by denec View Post
    well i just got my Opium PH EDP in the mail today and I love it!!!!!

It is just fantastic!!!

I just don't see myself using the EDT anymore to be honest.
    Don't throw it away yet - the two are different enough to use at different occasions...I surely do

I just received my bottle from BeautyEncounters and unfortunately I really DON'T like it. It's just not for me. I'll be getting rid of it shortly.

Hi all,

Hi PJX007 sorry you dont like it....What is smells like?

I will place my Amazon.com (perfumestogo) online order next week...
    But I am still waiting for some pictures from Snafoo!!.....

Snafoo Could you please post some pictures of the perfume bottle
    that you recently received from perfumestogo?

I also would like to know if it is true that there are some Cinnamon Notes
    in the OPIUM EDP....Any similiarities with others fragrances?
    Terre d'Hermès
    LUI by Rochas
    Eau Sauvage - Dior

Here it is:

Opium EdP.jpg

As you can see, the top is designed as a refill bottle, but the spray works normally.

Sorry I attached the image instead of inserting it. Not too computer literate today...
    Last edited by Snafoo; 22nd November 2008 at 03:48 PM.

1000 Thanks Snafoo for the picture!!!...Do you received it without cap?

What about the ¨Cinnamon Notes¨ in OPIUM EDP and similiarities with others fragrances?
    Last edited by Ulises Rodriguez; 22nd November 2008 at 04:34 PM.
    Terre d'Hermès
    LUI by Rochas
    Eau Sauvage - Dior

I find a very strong similarity between Opium PH EDP and Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan

1000 Thanks Snafoo for the picture!!!...Do you received it without cap?

What about the ¨Cinnamon Notes¨ in OPIUM EDP and similiarities with others fragrances?
    No cap. It's a refill bottle, so you'd have to buy the original bottle to get a cap. Otherwise, it's the same juice.

There is a vast abundance of threads on Opium PH Edt. I would suggest you review some of them to help decide if it's for you. But for the price, it's an incredible bargain. If you like rich spices, it's a very low risk, IMO.