Code of Conduct

Default Kenzo Amour le Parfum and POTL

Am I the only one, or does anyone else notice some strong similarity between these two? I love the new Amour, and it's been a long time since I ran out of my POTL samples, but they seem like twins. That Play-Doh note, combined with incense, is what's got me, mmmmm....

Default Re: Kenzo Amour le Parfum and POTL

Potl?
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Not much similarity to my nose, I'm afraid. PotL is thick and syrupy and heavier on the almonds - Amour LP has this sweetened condensed milk vibe going on. They would definitely occupy the same niche in my wardrobe (that is, they would scratch the same itch), though, and I wouldn't consider owning them both.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

I think you're right. People of the Labyrinths had such a Play-Doh vibe, since AmourLP has a bit of that, it reminded me of it. Condensed milk, definitely, and all the benzoin, it's wonderful on a snowy day.

Quote Originally Posted by veuve amiot View Post
    Not much similarity to my nose, I'm afraid. PotL is thick and syrupy and heavier on the almonds - Amour LP has this sweetened condensed milk vibe going on. They would definitely occupy the same niche in my wardrobe (that is, they would scratch the same itch), though, and I wouldn't consider owning them both.
    I agree. I have both since I ordered Le Parfum blind, but don't find it very similar to POTL. I'm not in love with Le Parfum yet; that is, it's not scratching any unknown itches! The original Kenzo Amour's playdoh vibe seems more pronounced to me than in Le Parfum and in that way a little more related to POTL. The weird synthetic woods seem to take over for me in Le Parfum, which is not apparent (to me) in POTL, and Le Parfum is less sweet. I personally don't find the two fragrances mutually exclusive.