Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Guess the fragrance from the notes and win a little of it. Part Three

Please do not use search engines. But, if you can't help yourself, just let me know privately what you found with help and disqualify yourself from the silly little prize.

Whoever guesses the fragrance first without help wins a 5ml spray of it. Make as many guesses as you want.

I'll try to make this a really quick contest by periodically posting hints.

Here's the notes:

Mocha, cardamom, spices, galbanum, olibanum, cedar and sandalwood.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 23rd November 2008 at 01:50 AM.
    Currently wearing: The Wendol by Blackbird

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Guess the fragrance from the notes and win a wee decant of it. rop

Bulgari Omnia? but I don't think it has mocha or olibanum or galbanum in it. . .
    Last edited by Aiona; 22nd November 2008 at 07:17 PM.

Angel Men Pure Coffee

I'm just basing it on the mocha tbh
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

It's not Omni or Angel Pure Men Coffee. Those are great guesses though.

Hint #1: the line purportedly uses "natural" ingredients.

Hint #2 ~ it's a German niche line

I was going to say Artemisia by Penhaligon's until you dropped the German hint... hmmm.....

Hint #3 ~ the perfumer is Roland Tentunian

Shoot - the only German line I know is Biehl Parfumkunstwerke, but since I can't cheat, I don't know which, if any, would be the one.

Well, I wouldn't have a clue without cheating, but the notes sounds delicious!

Yep, I am thinking of Biehl Parfumkunstwerke, too. Probably one I don't have a sample of, because those notes don't sound familiar. I'm going to guess MB01 - that's a guess though and if I've gotten it right it's only an accident.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Oops it can't be - the perfumer's name doesn't fit. In fact it's not BK is it? Darn.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    I was going to say Artemisia by Penhaligon's until you dropped the German hint... hmmm.....
    It isn't nearly as pretty as Artemesia. This is darker ~ more resinous, spicy and masculine.

Quote Originally Posted by LedByMyNose View Post
    Oops it can't be - the perfumer's name doesn't fit. In fact it's not BK is it? Darn.

No, as I'm wearing it, I'm starting to get some smoke from it.

Hint #4 ~ LuckyScent used to carry this line, but doesn't any longer. They were on the clearance page for a while.

This may have been too arcane a choice. Go ahead and use whatever helps you like.

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Someone told me that Florascent is a German house. But the only thing of theirs I've tried is Du Soleil, which has none of those notes.

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Ksar?

Quote Originally Posted by Aiona View Post
    Ksar?
    I'd say you are correct.
    Currently wearing: Diorella by Christian Dior

Aiona, I'm thinkin' that you're the winner!

Quote Originally Posted by Aiona View Post
    Ksar?
    Ding ding ding!! We have a winnah!!!

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Guess the fragrance from the notes and win a little of it. rop

Heh! I've never won anything in a contest before. (Not even the jello-eating contest.) For this reason, I never gamble when I go to Vegas.

I have a little sample of something I've not talked about on the forums. It's really a VERY LITTLE sample. But, here are the notes:

lime, fig, cedar, coconut

A lot of places say there's cedar in it, but I don't smell it. If you can guess the fragrance name and the house, I'll send this little bitty sample to you. (I don't mind if one uses web searches.)
    Last edited by Aiona; 23rd November 2008 at 12:28 AM.

I'm thinking it mught be by Neil Morris

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    I'm thinking it mught be by Neil Morris
    Neil Morris has a fig scent? I didn't know that. But nope, this one is not by Neil Morris.

Default Re: Guess the fragrance from the notes and win a little of it. Part Two rop

I think he has at least scent with fig in it, but since I have such a poor memory, I'm probably wrong.

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Guess the fragrance from the notes and win a little of it. Part Two rop

According to his website, Coral and Midnight Flower both have a fig note. There might be others. But the one that I have is really almost a straight fig, or so reviews have said. There is no website for this perfume manufacturer that I can find! So, I don't have the notes from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

I also don't see it talked about much. I only see bottles for sale at Lucky Scent and Aedes. TPC and Scented Monkey don't seem to have it.
    Last edited by Aiona; 23rd November 2008 at 12:02 AM.

Is it that new Jo Malone? I think it had those in it... I will have to look back through the blogs I read...

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Not Jo Malone. (That's another fig scent I haven't tried yet!)
    But you are on the right track in that the house name is the same as the nose, or at least as far as I can tell, because I can't find it listed ANYWHERE who the nose of this fragrance is.

And I did *FINALLY* find a website. On the website, notes listed are as follows:

"Fig essence does not in fact exist for the perfumer, so notes of fresh grass, green tea, melon, hay, white musk and cedar combine to create this deceptively simple 'mono note' scent.

Top: fresh grass, rhubarb
    Heart: fig leaf, white tea
    Base: white cedar, dry grass"

They don't list coconut, but I swear I smell some in there.
    First edition came out in 2004.
    (Basenotes doesn't list the year it came out, but the manufacturer website does.)
    Last edited by Aiona; 23rd November 2008 at 12:24 AM. Reason: added more hints

Is it Heeley EAU DE FIGUIER???
    Last edited by Haunani; 23rd November 2008 at 12:27 AM. Reason: typo

Dependent
    Blog Entries

BINGO!!

Yup! It's Heeley's fig scent.