Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Guess the fragrance from the notes and win a little of it. Part Three

O!I really like this thread!I will have a look in my miniatures and see what i can offer here for reviving this thread
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Blog Entries

Default Re: Guess the fragrance from the notes and win a little of it. Part Three

Quote Originally Posted by sophi View Post
    O!I really like this thread!I will have a look in my miniatures and see what i can offer here for reviving this thread
    Yay!

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

So here it is :This miniature is 3.5 ml of this fantastic juice :The notes:
    Top Notes
    Aldehydes Mimose Coriander Tuberose Melon Plum Green Notes Rose

Middle Notes
    Orange Blossom Bay Leaf Patchouli Orris Root Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Cedar Cardamom

Base Notes
    Spices Sandalwood Amber Patchouli Musk Civet Oakmoss Vetiver

ps
    I will be here to see if you guessed it right for the next hour or so..
    i will check tomorrow morning again!
    Enjoy
    Last edited by sophi; 11th June 2011 at 08:24 PM.
    LOVE IS BEST
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Hint:It's a wonderful chypre female fragrance from the '80's
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

Banned

Is it "Knowing" by Estee Lauder? (I had it once...)

Quote Originally Posted by Madame du Barry View Post
    Is it "Knowing" by Estee Lauder? (I had it once...)
    Yes,SURE IT IS Congratulations Madame The miniature is YOURS!!!!!
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

Banned

Yes,SURE IT IS Congratulations Madame The miniature is YOURS!!!!!
    Wow, thank you!!!
    I will come back with a new notes puzzle later, I promise!

Banned

First I would like to change the rules for this one, to make it more of a chalenge. No googling, please.
    Or rather - you can, if you are at your wit's end.

The lucky winner will get a decant of our mystery perfume.
    Notes are as follows:

Rose, cumin, vetiver, pepper, coriander, and civet.

No hints yet.

My guess is Rose Poivree or Cabotine.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Cumm(ar)in is a note that gave away L'Origan by Coty Am i right ?
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    So which one is it? You "sniffed" my wardrobe, didn't you.

Banned

Cumm(ar)in is a note that gave away L'Origan by Coty Am i right ?
    Sorry, Sophi, but no.
    Your guess is a good guess - L'Origan (Coty) is also a civet-y old school one. I had a mini of it, but it is all used up. Great, great perfume!

Banned

Kewart! Paging kewart! Where did you go?

Taken from Luckysecnt official page :Rose Poivree
    Eau de toilette
    by The Different Company
    The Scoop
    It takes over one hundred pounds of precious Damascus rose petals to produce just one bottle of Rose Poivrée. A royal scent from exotic lands, this decadent essence mixes pure rose with a devilish pepper and spice, a combination fit for kings, queens and all who seek the divine (with a touch of naughty) in fragrance. The true beauty of Rose Poivrée is its amazing turns—from the tangle of dark, luscious rose petals to the fiery spice-meets-green evolution, it never fails to captivate and enchant. A rare, costly and beautiful gem for the wild sensualists among you.
    Rose Poivree Notes
    Damascus rose, rose bay, pepper, coriander, vetiver, civet

***No cumm(ar)in in there
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

Banned

Sophi, I read reviews here on BN.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121826.html

There must be cumin in it - why can I and others smell it?
    But you are right, the cumin isn't mentioned on Different Company's website either.

http://www.thedifferentcompany.com/f...duct_info.html

My bottle is from 2000 - has it been reformulated? And why do some people get citrus notes? (I don't!)
    You know what? I will send you a decant of it. Then you can smell it and tell which notes you are getting.
    Fair enough?
    Last edited by Madame du Barry; 13th June 2011 at 09:59 AM.

Madame,it's OK !Kewart did it!
    L"Origan Coty has all the notes mentioned and a few more
    That's why i assumed it was IT
    All the Best!
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

All the Best!
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

Banned

All the Best!
    Sophi - you are getting a decant anyway. This is such a love-hate scent, and it's a must-try. Some days I cannot bear it; it's so overwhelming. On other days, when I stop analyzing and overthinking, it's THE rose. And the civet. G-zus, this is a civet bomb; really decadent and unlike anything else out there. I would like to know how *you* perceive this one. If you hate it the first time - don't give up. Try it on another day.
    L'Origan may blush in comparison; you really have to try it for yourself because it's near impossible to explain it with mere words.

Thank you,Madame
    L'Origan cologne new version i have but never tried original formula or vintage!
    The 1911 crystal bottle of Rene Lalique design L'Origan is one precious collectible
    Rose Poivre i will tell you about it ,soon Thank you very much
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    Can you pls PM me your adress - so that I can send you a decant of the wicked rose?

I am going to send a full sample spray of this to someone that will guess this right!
    The top notes are cedrat, green notes and clementine leaf. The heart is composed of orange blossom and water lily, while the base of orange blossom and lilac.
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

Banned

That's a lot of orange blossom. Can we google the notes or not?

Yes,of course
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

Banned

Orange Blossom by Joe Malone?

Yes!You got it
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

Banned

Oh!
    I want to finish watching the Monaco wedding (great Armani wedding dress!), and get a chance to think about the next one.
    Thank you, dear Sophi!

Banned

OK, new one: you can google it if you are impatient, frustrated, angry and so on.
    The winner gets a mini!

Notes: patchouli, moss, rose, green rhubarb, musk, lily of the valley. Good luck!

From Yves Rocher Comme Une Evidence New Day Dawns?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Almost, but not quite!

"A" New Day Dawns (at F) ? Un Jour Se Leve (at BN)?

Banned

"A" New Day Dawns (at F) ? Un Jour Se Leve (at BN)?
    It's getting colder now.

Can we have a little hint?

Banned

Of course.
    This is relatively unexpensive, and the house sells cosmetics too - but not clothes or accessories.

I think dear Twolf got it but added smth more in it
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

Comme une Evidence (both Homme and Elle) is famous for its violet leaf note -- raspy-fuzzy-wet dark green feeling perceived as slightly rotten seaweed by many, in my yesterday's S'n'S thread I am referring to Comme une Evidence as a common denominator and widely known scent utilizing this note. If it is what you mean, sophi?

Whtever it is, please let kewart know -- she has been looking for her A New Day Dawns for a couple of months now and this fragrance in your mini contains the exact same set of notes as the one she wants.
    Last edited by Twolf; 3rd July 2011 at 05:10 PM.

Comme une Evidence (both Homme and Elle) is famous for its violet leaf note -- raspy-fuzzy-wet dark green feeling perceived as slightly rotten seaweed by many, in my yesterday's S'n'S thread I am referring to Comme une Evidence as a common denominator and widely known scent utilizing this note. If it is what you mean, sophi?

I mean in the name of perfume Comme un Evidence(you added New Day Dawns) in edp original (not edt) has the musk-y green mossy rhubarb notes so clear and intense smelling ..
    CUE New days dawns is almost like original edp but it's an edt version and new edition in line ...
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

I guess you have won. I have just checked the YR's site and they do not show "violet leaf" note any more. I am not sure if it has been reformulated or not, because the original Comme une Evidence was unique because of it.

http://www.yvesrocherusa.com/control...cmSrc=Category

Congratulations!

This is the reference to EdT.

F-site still shows the original set of notes including "violet leaf".

Banned

Thanks to dear Sophi's help you must have the right answer now?

Banned

Ooops - we posted simultaneously. Here is the Y Rocher official description of the EdT:

http://www.yvesrocher.ca/control/com...cmSrc=Category

I guess you have won. I have just checked the YR's site and they do not show "violet leaf" note any more. I am not sure if it has been reformulated or not, because the original Comme une Evidence was unique because of it.

http://www.yvesrocherusa.com/control...cmSrc=Category

Congratulations!

This is the reference to EdT.

F-site still shows the original set of notes including "violet leaf".
    Dear Twolf , i knew the answer from the moment that Madame posted the puzzle yesterday but i have the original perfume and thought that someone else should have the honor to gain this mini!
    You may have it as well !Congratulations!
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

That's the F-reference with the original VIOLET LEAF

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Y...ence-2167.html

Banned

Congratulations dear Sophi!

Sophi, I went through 2 bottles of the original Comme une Evidence back in 2004-2005 and that's why I know about the presence of that "fuzzy raspy dark green note" I was talking about.

It would be interesting to compare the new one with what they have got now.

That's the set of notes for A New Day Dawns -- without the violet leaf:

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Y...awns-3387.html
    Last edited by Twolf; 3rd July 2011 at 05:49 PM.

Banned

Major confusion time - I am sorry. Yes, Sophi did indeed tell me yesterday that she doesn't want a mini of "Comme Une Evidence", so that still stands. I thought that she had changed her mind...
    Twolf: would you be kind and PM me your adress, so that I can mail it to *you*?
    Congratulations! It's a lovely scent; as so many of the YR line.

Sorry for the confusion Madame Yes, it still stands my pm to you,yesterday
    Congratulations ,Twolf
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

Thank you, PMed MdB with the swap offer.