Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Re: Guess the fragrance from the notes and win a little of it. Part Three

I was so intrigued, I thought and thought and sniffed and sniffed and then finally cheated!!!!!!

So I will not say what I found, because I want to give more honorable players a chance to to play, but good one, Veuve!!!!
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Default Re: Guess the fragrance from the notes and win a little of it. Part Three

Mmmm, that sounds really yummy!

Hint time!

This venerable house straddles the niche/designer gap, I think. It's neither, really.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

uhm... peach, oakmoss and vetiver with bergamot opening and vanilla trail in the end sounds like a Guerlain classic chypre or better THE chypre: I'd say Mitsouko. Plus Guerlain fits the bill also about the house hint being borderline to niche with its exclusive releases.

It does sound like Mitsouko, but it isn't!
    Another hint:
    The original bottle was by Lalique.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

It is the Lady of Havana, originally formulated to scent cigarettes-- Habanita! She is on my wish list. I have been watching her on ebay. I, stupidly, passed up an empty vintage Lalique bottle a few weeks ago and have been searching ever since.
    "Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel."

I thought of Guerlain right away, and then of Mitsouko too--except for the patchouli....it just didn't fit... so then I cheated...and I will say no more...
    Last edited by Nostalgie; 21st January 2009 at 04:29 PM.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Habanita it is! Sens me your info and it'll make its way to you, analavande!

Douglas Adams

THANK YOU VEUVE AMIOT!

We recognize and we know what we truly love. If ANYONE loves this 'sweet lady' he/she will recognize her notes:
    Peach, Plum, Cassie, Tagete, Green notes, Coriander, Ylang-Ylang, Rose, Tuberose, Jasmin, Heliotrope, Orris, Carnation ,Cedar, Vetiver, Musk, Tonka Bean, Amber, Vanilla, Civet.

Reward will be your choice of 3-5 ml decant.
    "Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel."

From the notes it sounds like a classic lady's scent with big fruity opening, dense floral heart and a musky-powdery oriental drydown in the vein of Rochas Femme...

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent View Post
    From the notes it sounds like a classic lady's scent with big fruity opening, dense floral heart and a musky-powdery oriental drydown in the vein of Rochas Femme...
    I'm not sure if the frag is considered a classic but, the house is definitely a classic.

Ps Sorry for slow response. I was away all day yesterday.

I am not sure I should try to guess since I did so recently...

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    I am not sure I should try to guess since I did so recently...
    Please do, as no one else seems to be interested. Perhaps it is something that you would like.

OK My first guess, based on hints you gave and the notes listed is Chanel Coco Mademoiselle.

OK My first guess, based on hints you gave and the notes listed is Chanel Coco Mademoiselle.
    That is a beauty that I would love to add to my collection, but that is not it.

Here is Coco Mademoiselle:
    Orange, Bergamot, Grapefruit.Litchi, Rose, Italian Jasmine.Indonesian Patchouli, Haitian Vetiver, Bourbon Vanilla, White Musk.

Here is my lady.
    Peach, Plum, Cassie, Tagete, Green notes, Coriander, Ylang-Ylang, Rose, Tuberose, Jasmin, Heliotrope, Orris, Carnation ,Cedar, Vetiver, Musk, Tonka Bean, Amber, Vanilla, Civet.
    Like Coco she is a mademoiselle fragrance in her house and not madame.

Gotta pick up DH at O'Hare and have dinner so I won't be back until late. Keep guessing, you seem to be very close...

OK analavande! My second guess is...

YSL Elle

Asha, you are still on the right track. YSL Elle is not our mademoiselle. Think of a smaller house.

I'm out the door now. I will check back with you much later. Good guessing.

Hmm. I am groping now...lol.

Would love if it were Miss Balmain, but perhaps that is really a classic, which you said it is not

Hmm. I am groping now...lol.

Would love if it were Miss Balmain, but perhaps that is really a classic, which you said it is not
    This mademoiselle is more contemporary with respect to her release. She is less than 20 years old.

Groping some more...Annick Goutal Petite Cherie. AG is a smallish house, and Petite Cherie is probably within 20 years.

I'm running out of ideas!

Dependent
    Blog Entries

I am watching this with amazement, because I have no clues! Go, Asha!

Good morning! Okay Asha and Aiona. Here is a hint that I think will give this away.
    This fragrance is the little sister of a leather diva that turned 50 years old this year.

I really don't know, lol!

My only guess with the new clue would be Hermes Kelly Caleche...but I think Hermes is such a big house, I don't think it is right.

Caline?
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Jalaine

Socalwoman is in 'the house'! I hear a drum roll!

Cabotine? If it's that one, I've been wanting to try it!!!

......HAUNANI JUMPS IN AT THE LAST MOMENT AND SNATCHES THE PROMISED PRIZE...HER CHOICE OF 3-5ML SAMPLE OF CABOTINE ! ! !

I will send ALL participants (Asha, Aiona, socalwoman) a 1ml sample if they wish. You ladies know what to do next. I gotta run out and find some more vials. That was fun! Thanks for participating.

Quote Originally Posted by analavande View Post
    ......HAUNANI JUMPS IN AT THE LAST MOMENT AND SNATCHES THE PROMISED PRIZE...HER CHOICE OF 3-5ML SAMPLE OF CABOTINE ! ! !

I will send ALL participants (Asha, Aiona, socalwoman) a 1ml sample if they wish. You ladies know what to do next. I gotta run out and find some more vials. That was fun! Thanks for participating.
    Hooray! I would not have had a clue but for socalwoman's hint (thanks!). It sounds like an interesting fragrance. I'm sure that the smaller sample will be plenty for me. Looking forward, and thank you, analavande!

Woohoo! Congrats Haunani!!
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Jalaine

Cabotine participants, don't for get to PM your info so I can send your samples.