Code of Conduct

Default Job Interview (tie/shirt combo)

I know you guys are saying, "Not another 'job interview' topic." Sorry, but I really have no fashion sense I think everyone knows how important job interviews are. So here's the question: Which combo? I've searched as to what fragrance to wear, but it seems like a big no-no for this type of occasion..

Here are the options:

What do you guys think?

Edit:

A little more to the interview.. Its with a company specializing in mental health programs for the elderly. The person interviewing me pointed out she is really easy going and easy to get along with. She seemed to have the tone of like one of my friends when we spoke, but I still want to present myself as a professional, responsible person.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MarkIsGood; 23rd November 2008 at 05:07 AM.

Default Re: Job Interview (tie/shirt combo)

I am a traditionalist, so I would prefer a navy or gray suit, white shirt, and freshly-polished lace-up shoes. Then I would choose the striped blue tie. If the only options are the ones in the picture, then I would pair the striped blue tie with the lighter blue shirt, because it is closest to white. A dark tie on a light shirt is more traditional than a light tie on a dark shirt.

Good luck on the interview.

Blog Entries

hmmm....definitely the lighter blue shirt....don't risk it with shirts like on the right.

i always wear light blue shirts with red ties on interviews. i call it my 'power' combination. it has ALWAYS worked for me.

if you wear a suit, always wear a dark blue suit....OR a grey suit. don't ever wear a black suit.

but DO wear black shoes. with grey socks.

no cologne/fragrance.

you need to get some better ties though...none of those look fit for the job....

Why won't you wear fragrance to an interview? I would definitely wear fragrance.
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mostapha View Post
    Why won't you wear fragrance to an interview? I would definitely wear fragrance.
    i only wear a slight dab only so i can smell it.....but i'd NEVER let my interviewer smell it. There are plenty of threads about this topic actually.....

to the original poster: you are wise in still wanting to be professional, even though the interviewer is laid back and all that.....it's always wise to show up professional to an interview. never underestimate the power of judgement.

i work in health care as well, and professionalism is always one of the key selling points in ANY health care employment. good luck!

Thank you for the replies.

Traditionalist.. I guess I'm not one of those. I have no gray suit,nor a white shirt. All my shirts are blue, just different shades lol.

As far as ties however, yeah I kinda feel I don't have have the 'proper' kind. If you guys would be just so kind to point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. I'm thinking maybe one of these?

(in respect to the other thread)

everso, woot for health care.. As long as I don't see blood, I'll be fine haha.

Blog Entries

I'd suggest you wear the light blue shirt with the leftmost (blue multi-stripe) tie. The two ties to the right of that one are quite dated, and the Original Penguin on the far right is much more of a fashion tie than a professional tie. The dark blue shirt is probably too dark to be worn professionally.

Regarding what's a "proper" tie: I think the first red one is the most professional. You can't go wrong with stripes like that - they're a conservative staple - provided they're in basic colours like red, blue, black, white, and gold.
    Last edited by kopah; 23rd November 2008 at 09:10 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kopah View Post
    I'd suggest you wear the light blue shirt with the leftmost (blue multi-stripe) tie. The two ties to the right of that one are quite dated, and the Original Penguin on the far right is much more of a fashion tie than a professional tie. The dark blue shirt is probably too dark to be worn professionally.

Regarding what's a "proper" tie: I think the first red one is the most professional. You can't go wrong with stripes like that - they're a conservative staple - provided they're in basic colours like red, blue, black, white, and gold.
    i agree with Kopah. the red one on the left is pretty much perfect.....with a light blue shirt. you can't go wrong.

markisgood: right on man...unfortunately i see TOO much blood

Thank you for the replies, everybody..

Just an update, I went with the light blue shirt with the dark blue, striped tie. My interview was yesterday and I just got a call today for a second next week. This time around, I'm thinking about wearing a white shirt with a red tie. Maybe with a jacket.

Well, time to hit the books and study the good ol' DSM-IV..

Wish me luck

Hello,

I will suggest light blue shirt, with dark toned tie for a smart yet formal look. Best of luck for your interview buddy.

Regards,
    enrique123

Suits and Shirts for Men`s

If you want to look professional, try the light blue polo and the dark blue stripe tie. It's a perfect combo to have a good impression to the interviewer.
    Shop Designer Clothes
    http://www.vetementsdemarques.fr/

Hello,

I think light colors are more suitable for interview, you can wear dress shirt or custom made short for the interview, choose bright color tie to team up your light shade shirt.

Regards,
    enrique123

Men`s Dress Shirts