Code of Conduct

Default New frags for my brother and dad - I need help!

My brother, knowing that I'm a little obsessed with fragrances has asked me to find him for christmas a new fragrance as he's getting a little bored of the 2 he wears (CK one and Ultraviolet) He wants something similar to these and really likes the citrus of CK one. Any suggestions?

So far I've been thinking either Eau de Guerlain or Eau d'Orange Verte...

My dad has also decided to jump on the band wagon as he wants one too, but he is even harder as he has no idea at all, other than he like really long lasting ones! Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Default Re: New frags for my brother and dad - I need help!

hey man, eau d orange verte is nice but seriously has NO longetivity, not just on me but alot of people. i would maybe go for chanel allure sport or edition blanche if he likes his citrus. your dad wouldn't probably want an 'old man' smell so sticking with chanel, allure is very nice. or if he wants to start his fragance journey with a bang, try chanel antaneus, strong potent stuff aimed at real men. also dolce and gabbana pour homme is pretty nice aswell, so try them out. hope i helped.

How much would you like to spend? How much effort would you be willing to put into obtaining a fragrance?

Designer $
    Hugh Parsons Traditional, Mugler Cologne, Burberry London, Terre d'Hermes, Gendarme

Niche $
    Creed Original Vetiver; Himalaya; Selection Verte, Penhaligons Racquets; Douro

(All are interchangable for dad/brother, as I don't know anything about the ages, preferences, etc.)
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Well my dad is in his mid 50's and brother in his 30's. The only one that's been mentioned that I definitely won't be getting them is Terre as that MY fragrance!! lol

Chanel Allure sounds like a good one - will go and sniff it out when I go out next weekend!

Don't mind searching for them either as for me that's part of the fun of it all!

Oh and my brother want's something that not everyone else will be wearing, where as my dad hasn't got the first clue really - he used to be more of the type to just spray Lynx Africa on and be done but I'm slowly changing his mind!

I think Duoro would be great for your dad; and D'Orsay Nomad would be great for your brother, IF you can explain to your brother what Nomad is all about. It's about evolution and subtlety. You may have to guide both to an appreciation of whatever you pick, but make sure you explain to them why you made the choices you did.

Something for your dad, and I have Luca Turin to thank for this honestly (he is a famous, if not controversial fragrance expert), is Azzaro Pour Homme. It really is just beautiful, and you know, it can be found VERY inexpensively at Marshalls and TJMaxx. I bought my small bottle for under $20.
    Last edited by nthny; 24th November 2008 at 04:38 AM.

Definitely Tuscany or Opium ph for Dad.
    For brother I would pick Kenzo pour homme or YSL L'homme
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio