Code of Conduct

Default Best for Night-club, disco, clubbing?

I`we got these in my collection, and wonder which of them are best for the night-club, and disco? I have always used Burberry Touch when going out, but maby one of the other would be better??

Chanel Egoiste
    Chanel Antaeus
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Boucheron Jaipur homme
    Burberry Touch

Default Re: Best for Night-club, disco, clubbing?

Obviously I have very limited knowledge compared to many of my fellow BN'ers but i'd say Antaeus would be your best option out of all those. For the clubbing you defiantly want something strong to get you noticed and From my personal experience Antaeous is the best for that even though I like the smell of Touch a little bit better.

smeller

Touch and Antaeus are both great scents, but for clubbing I would go all the way with Jaipur or Égoiste.

Is smoking still allowed in clubs in your countries? In The Netherlands a law recently came into effect which bans smoking in bars and clubs. Sadly, people's perfume habits still need some adjusting
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Rêve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I`we got these in my collection, and wonder which of them are best for the night-club, and disco? I have always used Burberry Touch when going out, but maby one of the other would be better??

Chanel Egoiste
    Chanel Antaeus
    Boucheron Jaipur homme
    Burberry Touch
    Have you tried Canali Black Diamond? I think it's a perfect scent for a night-club.

It`s so difficult to decide.. I love all of them! Maby i should ask the question in another opinion: Which one is a real "turn-off" out on the town/disco??
    I maby think Jaipur is too elegant and luxurious for clubbing, and It`s better for a restaurant or the opera-house.. I thougt maby Egoiste would be a winner, becouse of it`s uniqness and originality!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlino View Post
    Is smoking still allowed in clubs in your countries? In The Netherlands a law recently came into effect which bans smoking in bars and clubs. Sadly, people's perfume habits still need some adjusting

It has been forbidden for several years now... Welcome in the club!

IMO those are too formal for clubbing. The advantage is you will smell like no one: Refined and classy. Downside is, you will probably impress no one as they generally do not impress the demographic gorup that goes to night clubs.

I´d take Montale White Aoud, Chanel PE, Rochas Man, Habit Rouge, Kouros Tattoo or Fraicheur, Narciso Rodriguez, Concerto.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by irish View Post
    IMO those are too formal for clubbing. The advantage is you will smell like no one: Refined and classy. Downside is, you will probably impress no one as they generally do not impress the demographic gorup that goes to night clubs.

I´d take Montale White Aoud, Chanel PE, Rochas Man, Habit Rouge, Kouros Tattoo or Fraicheur, Narciso Rodriguez, Concerto.
    I think you`r right.. If you take a look at the list, you will see what`s my kind of taste of fragrances.. It`s what i like. Refined and classy... It`s just me!!
    But Burberry Touch is not so formal...
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 23rd November 2008 at 08:45 PM.

I don't think young girls today go for stuff like Antaeus, to be perfectly honest.

If you want to go the classy, formal route then I would suggest something modern and fresh smelling, rather than heavy or "perfumey".

I haven't tried as many different frags as most BNers but the ones off the top of my head that fall into this category, taking into account your tastes, are:

Cartier Declaration
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Creed GIT

I'm sure someone else can fill in far more as my experiences are limited. Oh and Burb London is really nice, try it if you haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake S View Post
    I don't think young girls today go for stuff like Antaeus, to be perfectly honest.

If you want to go the classy, formal route then I would suggest something modern and fresh smelling, rather than heavy or "perfumey".

I haven't tried as many different frags as most BNers but the ones off the top of my head that fall into this category, taking into account your tastes, are:

Cartier Declaration
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Creed GIT

I'm sure someone else can fill in far more as my experiences are limited. Oh and Burb London is really nice, try it if you haven't.

all of them are ok scents, but hold on to the list...I like the original Egoiste much better than the Platinum.. Platinum has nothing to do with the original. I can`t understand why the Platinum is wearing the Egoiste brand image... I think the Allure Blanche is quite modern and fresh...
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 23rd November 2008 at 09:12 PM.

Yeah, it's a little strange to name Platinum as if it's a "take" on Egoiste, when they are completely different. To my nose Platinum is a bit closer to Declaration.

I haven't tried blanche, but in my experience a lot of women seem to enjoy the Allure scents, shrug.

well, i can`t hide that Chanel is my favorit brand..

I always thought that D&G By was the best scent for clubbing... From your list, I would stick with Burberry Touch...

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I think you`r right.. If you take a look at the list, you will see what`s my kind of taste of fragrances.. It`s what i like. Refined and classy... It`s just me!!
    But Burberry Touch is not so formal...
    true, but I do not think it would be a big Night Club hit either. IMO good fragrances for the night life have to have good sillage and they have to sweat well. Blanche, though good and snuggable, does not project very well, at least on my skin. Musk ravegeur is a good one. Satal Floris, Pi and the Dreamer are somewhat classy and fit well the scene IMO.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

Wow, I guess I never think of Platinum Egoiste when going out. Seems like more of a formal scent to me. Not a "club" guy but popular bars. I generally wear one of these:

Rochas Man
    Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin
    Dirty English
    Burberry Brit

Paul Smith London!

I've seen a lot of people wearing A*men...

I like to wear:

Chanel Egoiste Concentree
    Chanel Antaeus
    Montale Black Aoud
    A*men
    Dior Homme
    Bond Wall Street

yeah i would go for the original chanel alluire, its so beatifaul and long lasting. Women love it and is great for that kind of scene. Thats just the chicks down here in birmingham, uk love this stuff. I cant believe no one has suggested the best night club scent ever imo, dolce and gabbana pour homme. oozes sex appeal and is universally loved and a popular scent. If your willing to delve deep into the past maybe drakkar noir. a powerhouse from the iconic 80s and women still love it today. gd luck man.

from that list i would go for Touch! rest are as you already know, too formal...

LV Musk is something i would wear to clubs...wudnt mind Dior Homme too

Lolita Lempicka has been mention here.. It was in my collection before, but i gave it away. All my friends told me i was smelling like a women! (something i couldn`t accept)

Do you know why women wear "feminine" scents? Because they like them!

My brother used to bathe in Aramis back in the 70's when he'd hit the discos. I could never wear that stuff after those days.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

Eau Noire Dior
    Laguna Homme
    Imperial Jade A.Brown
    Ormonde Man (very impresioned with this, a very well made cologne)
    #TOP 5#: Antico Caruso, Penhaligons Racquets,Domenico Caraceni,Great Jones Bond Nº9,G.Trumper Wild Fern

Have you checked out the limited issue of the H&M Comme des Garcons fragrance at Hennes og Mauritz? I think it would work perfectly at a night-club, disco - even in Oslo! They still had some the last time I checked. But you must hurry as when they are gone, that's it - unless Comme des Garcons reissues it of course. Everywhere else in the world they are sold out!

Morning Star

Out of the ones in your list, Chanel Égoïste is the best club fare. If you feel like going off the reservation, I'll give some honorable mention to Armani Attitude and Christian Dior Fahrenheit 32. Both of them smell great, are not too formal, and avoid the whole just-another-aquatic defect. Neither one smells too feminine either. Attitude suffers from the usual longevity problems that Armani fragrances have, so bring the whole bottle with you to the club if you plan on staying late. I'm also in agreement that Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme is always a winner.

I'm intentionally not mentioning any niche fragrances here, since that would result in a posting the size of War and Peace.
    Last edited by Astaroth; 24th November 2008 at 08:05 PM.

My club scents: FM Musc Ravageur, Nasomatto Duro, Bond no.9 Nuits de Noho, By Kilian Straight to Heaven.

May I suggest buying a new frag. to be designated your "club" scent?

after reading all the comments here, i think i will use Touch and Egoiste... And in the summertime, on a sidewalk-reataurant, i will use Allure Edition Blanche. Thanks for your oppinion!

After some weeks letting my Burburry Touch have a rest in the closet, im startig using it again! Beautiful and uniqe scent. Very sensual, elegant, sexy and masculine. This is one of a cind, and it`s graet for both daytime wear, and a night on the town. Superb Sillage and longevity. I will recomend it to all of you that havent tried it yet!!

Quote Originally Posted by mcjra View Post
    My club scents: FM Musc Ravageur, Nasomatto Duro, Bond no.9 Nuits de Noho, By Kilian Straight to Heaven.

May I suggest buying a new frag. to be designated your "club" scent?
    I use Duro and STH as well. What do you mean by best? do you want "hello, i just entered the building" type of scent or do you just want to be different?