Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Note Vanillee by M. Micallef

Wearing this today for the first time from a sample (thanks sloan_8013) and it's quite amazing.

It's rich, not too sweet with a slight woody/aoud sharp character in the top notes that dries down to a sheer, resinous and slightly 'dirty' vanilla note. Easily unisex and in the same family as Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain and Vanille 44 by Le Labo.

Anyone else sing the praises of this one?
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Default Re: Note Vanillee by M. Micallef

I've tried this one and like it a lot. I've tested it several times at the local Micallef boutique, but so far have refrained from buying it.

I'd like to pick up a bottle but the high price of Micallef products causes me to push it down my to buy list. But I already own seven other frags from Micallef, so it's just a matter of time before I get one.

Many Micallef products are heavy and sweet, so I was pleased to find that this one is a bit leaner and drier with a backbone in it which makes it easily wearable by a man.

BTW, the Micallef Oud is great stuff. Try it if you get a chance.

noggs
    Last edited by noggs; 24th November 2008 at 04:56 PM.

Basenotes Institution

I actually expected it to be sweeter than it was - I was pleasantly surprised in it's drier vanilla richness.

You're right about the price...for their prices I could get a vintage Guerlain parfum. Plus I don't think I would ever use up the ginormous bejeweled tankard of fragrance it comes in also. Ah but a decant of this sounds like a wonderful stocking stuffer.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 24th November 2008 at 07:35 PM.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I actually expected it to be sweeter than it was - I was pleasantly surprised in it's drier vanilla richness.
    Note Vanillée is not a sweet, comfort vanilla but reminds me of a dry, vanilla liqueur. I also expected it to be sweeter but found it to be more boozy and risqué with an element of sexy danger. The vanilla fragrance your mother warned you about. Obviously not your garden variety vanilla. Note Vanillée may be the perfect vanilla scent for those do not like vanilla.

After wearing TF Tobacco Vanille, I'm quite afraid that smelling any kind of vanilla would just make me ill.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)