Code of Conduct

Default What's On Your End-Of-Year Lemming List?

I need nothing, but Rancé Next Age Plaisir (notes~ Polynesian Bamboo, Frangipani, Ylang Ylang, Amber, Angelica, Musk) has been on my "list" for going on two years.
    Maybe a Christmas gift "from me, to, me."

I'd also love a bottle of Royal Muska by M. Micallef
    (notes ~ ylang ylang, rose, precious woods, white musks, fruits, benzoin) but at $209 a bottle this will not happen.

something between myself & ylang-ylang lately. I bought (unsniffed) a bottle of I Coloniali Javanese Canaga awhile back, didn't like it at first but it's really grown on me.

It's not a note I use to go towards but it just seems to be happening that way lately. No sooner do I say that and I remember... Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Ylang & Vanille has always been, to me, one of the most sensual scents around. so maybe I've liked it more than even I realized.

I do wonder if our systems crave certain notes at different times, like we do with food for their vitamins and minerals. ( simply a perfumista's ponderings there.)
    interesting 'tho, look what I found...
    "ylang-ylang helps fight depression and anxiety."

I'll take a bucketful, please.

What's whispering, or shouting your name?

Default Re: What's On Your End-Of-Year Lemming List?

Something by Profumum. Acqua e Zucherro or Dambrosia or Dulcis in Fundo or Confetto. (obviously..I am really insane for gourmands!). But, at $240 a bottle it may not happen. Wish they made 30 or 50 ml bottles! Still, I did get a small bonus.....

Ormond Jayne Frangipani.
    Chanell n.22
    Stephanie d'Aignan Berberiades

This is just hoping, I know. I'll get at the most!

Chanel's Cuir de russie and Bois des iles has been on my wish list for ages.Other lemmings are Vol de nuit,SL Sa majeste la rose and Czech and Speake # 88.

I'd LOVE to be able to "tie up loose ends" and get a bunch of scents before the new year.
    So far, full bottles that Im missing are:

Washington Tremlett Black Tie
    Olivier Durbano Rock Crystal
    Olivier Durbano Jade
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum

THEN (and only then) I would be able to turn over a new leaf, and purchase only 1 bottle each quarter!

Mazzolari Alessandro is on my Christmas list. And I'm with Lizzie J on the Profumums - Acqua e Zucchero is a must-have.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Well, I'm excited because I've encountered a real love-at-first-sight perfume (it's so wonderful when that happens), so I simply MUST get a bottle of Tam Dao.

I seem to be going through a real woody phase, come to think of it.

Elixir Des Merveilles has me smitten right now. Might even go back and retry the original Eau Des Merveilles too. I'd also like to have the Ormond Jayne sample set, just to set me up for next year's lemmings!

I keep changing my mind. Funds are lacking atm, and it's either Ava Luxe's Moroccan Mint Tea or Andy Tauer's L'Air du Désert. Cons: MMT Is very spring-summer appropriate, not wintery, and I do still have both a sample of LAdDM to work my way through.
    On the other hand, MMT is gorgeous and I've been craving it since I drained my sample. LAdDM has the potential of being a perennial favourite.
    On yet another hand, Ava Luxe's shipping to Europe is prohibitively expensive. Also, I do have a lovely CdG Ouarzazate decant which technically fills the same niche LAdDM would.

Ah, decisions, decisions.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Blog Entries

After an extended break from all perfumes I am tentatively dipping my toe back into the pool. I am finding that I have way too many perfumes to truly lem loads of new scents. But there are a few still on my please have list:

Dior Homme EDT - full bottle
    Lanvin Arpege Homme
    SL Iris Silver Mist
    Chanel No.19 EDT
    SL Rose de Nuit
    Lanvin Arpege EDT - full bottle
    AL Red Tara - full bottle parfum

I am curious about:

SL Borneo 1834 - large decant
    AL Rosa de la Luz
    Last edited by moondeva; 26th November 2008 at 10:36 AM.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

I REALLY want bottles of Chanel 31 Rue Cambon and Coromandel, Ormonde Jayne Woman and EL Private Collection Amber Ylang Ylang.

Definitely Kenzo Amour le Parfum, Tea for Two, and Dzing!

I have a feeling that I'm going to love the EL PC Amber Ylang Ylang, but I have yet to actually smell it, so I shouldn't put it on my official lemming list just yet. (Canadians - anyone know if this is available at Holt Renfrew?)

Quote Originally Posted by moondeva View Post
    After an extended break from all perfumes I am tentatively dipping my toe back into the pool. I am finding that I have way too many perfumes to truly lem loads of new scents. But there are a few still on my please have list:

Dior Homme EDT - full bottle
    Lanvin Arpege Homme
    Lanvin Arpege EDT - full bottle
    AL Red Tara - full bottle parfum

I am curious about:

SL Borneo 1834 - large decant
    AL Rosa de la Luz
    I am dying to find out about de la Luz too! It's a pricey number and I would hate to blind buy (at leat without some reviews by other BNers who share my tastes) Apart from that there is really nothing I am longing for or even longing to try right now.
    Last edited by Zibeline; 25th November 2008 at 05:00 PM.

Daim Blond for me!

And a cheapo bottle of Habanita

Edit: Oh, and add a bottle of Vol de Nuit while you're at it.

Edit: And stick in a bottle of Tabac Blond.
    Last edited by soirdelune; 28th November 2008 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Unadulterated greed
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

I am naughty because I already bought what is on my lemming list and am now trying to find kind people to give these bottles to me officially at Xmas: Roja Dove Scandal and Rosine Rose Kashmirie...

I would also like Kenzo Le Parfum, and Amber Ylang Ylang, when my mini is finished. You might not credit it, but my New Year's Resolution is actually NOT TO BUY ANY MORE FBS, or even have them bought for me!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

My feminine GREAT CHRISTMAS PRESENTS to my wife are

PUREDISTANCE I
    and
    Les Orientalistes trio (no Musk Nomade) by Annick Goutal (not a parfum set though)
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Basenotes Institution

Scent Systems Wild Violets - Oh My !!!!!!
    Commes Des Garcons x Stephen Jones

Edit... and.... Bois De Violette Serge Lutens , Houbigant Les Quelques Violettes ( if I can find a bottle ! ) ,Tom Ford Black Violet

Yeah, I'm crazy for violets ! ( Also Penhaligon's Violetta ! )
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 3rd December 2008 at 10:19 AM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Morning Star

My purchases have taken a backseat to work lately. I'm thinking of taking advantage of the 25% off Beauty Habit sale within the next 24 hours to get some i Profumi di Firenze Brezza di Mare and maybe some Diptyque Eau de Lierre. I'm also toying with the idea of blind buying Diptyque Virgilio, since I love green fragrances. Other than that, the only other thing sitting high on my list is a good vetiver fragrance. After months of looking and sampling, I still haven't narrowed it down enough. Frederic Malle Vétiver Extraordinaire remains a top contender, however.

When I buy full bottles, I keep _not_ buying three well-established-through-decants favorites, all down to less than a thimbleful. So I want them:

Sushi Imperiale
    Tea for Two
    Navegar

I must control my sample spending, save up, and actually buy these.

Crayfish

I put Rochas Femme and a Juicy Couture mini on my holiday wishlist, along with a TPC gift certificate. (DH and I already bought each other the bulk of our holiday gifts when we got iPhones last week.)

I'd also love to get:the following, but I may have to roll them into next year (or beyond):

- Le Labo Jasmin 17/ SL A La Nuit/ SL Sarrasins - still haven't narrowed it down between these three jasmine-based frags
    - the OJ sample set
    - Tabac Blond parfum
    - Bal a Versailles parfum
    - one of the Montale Aouds (probably Black Aoud)
    - Herba Fresca
    - 31 Rue Cambon
    - Tam Dao lotion (great for layering!)

And once I get the samples I recently ordered, I suspect the list will continue to grow.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Paloma Picasso Tentations - the only wish at the moment.