Code of Conduct

Thread: chocolate

Default chocolate

Ever since I smelled Tom Ford black orchid I have that nice sublet and warm chocolate note in my mind. A man is too much to handle, nice but pure excess, to me not wearable, maybe eatable.
    I am getting Black Orchid as soon as I can.
    What other fragrances have that chocolate note? it is like choco-vanilla. Lovely. Perhaps also a drop of coconut... not sure.
    Thanks!
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Default Re: chocolate

it is like choco-vanilla. Lovely. Perhaps also a drop of coconut... not sure.
    You'll probably love Armani Diamonds for Men...

Also I read that Hanae Mori EDP (so not the eau de toilette) is pure chocolate.
    For sale: Nemo Cacharel 1,7OZ (30ML) 99% full

Serge Lutens borneo 1834. Patchouli & Chocolate. Divine & decidely un-kitschy or sticky, which chocolate easily becomes. The luxury chocolate maker Coppeneur also has a cocoa perfume, but I haven't tried that.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by brianroy View Post
    You'll probably love Armani Diamonds for Men...

DEFINATELY not the EDT. The EDT is a citrus / menthol blast with a slight chocolate note in the backround.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Basenotes Institution

the_good_life beat me to it: You sir, need to try Borneo 1834 by Serge Lutens. Also try L' Instant Pour Homme by Guerlain (the Eau de Parfum).
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

How about Serge Luten Vetiver Oriental?

Vetiver Oriental has a nice dark chocolate note to it. For a wearable masculine take on the chocolate theme try Il Profumo's Chocolat Amere.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by brianroy View Post

Agreed 100%, you took the words out of my mouth; this is the 1st one that came to mind.

Il Profumo Chocolat and Chocolat Amere for sure. They're both fantastic.. I own Chocolat Amere and gave my girlfriend Chocolat.

Also, add Chanel Coromandel to the party!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

A* Men and Rochas Man reminds me of confectionary candy... L`instant is in my nose a mixing of chocolate and fresh fruit. It`s delicious!

Yves Rocher Neonatura Cocoon - cocoa, vanilla and patchouli, the patch give is a dry woody feel, makes the chocolate darker instead of sweet. The lotion and shower gel are very nice too.

I wish I could smell some (any!) chocolate in Hanae Mori EdP. Boreno 1834's patchouli I have to be in the mood for. A*Men has the tar and sweetness some can't stand (I have to be in the mood for it). I should be getting Amour de Cacao soon, so I'll post back here with my thoughts on it. Rochas Man I disliked due to the sandalwood and lavender, and got little chocolate. Animale Animale was similar to RM, but at least I got some chocolate from it.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Serge Lutens borneo 1834. Patchouli & Chocolate. Divine & decidely un-kitschy or sticky, which chocolate easily becomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    the_good_life beat me to it: You sir, need to try Borneo 1834 by Serge Lutens.
    Serge Lutens Borneo 1834 is my current favorite fragrance. Smells like sweet earth on me. Slightly bittersweet, nothing sugary or cloying in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    How about Serge Luten Vetiver Oriental?
    THANK YOU! I've never gotten this frag, although I like it very much and wear it pretty frequently. Damn, there it is. It's chocolate. I'm so happy to know this.

Try to get a sample of Guerlain L'Instant Extreme EDP. I can detect a nice chocolate accord but it isn't overly sweet or cloying as with other gourmands. It works nice on my skin.

TF Noir de Noir
    Micallef Avant Garde
    P. Generale Coze

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Bvlgari BLV Notte has a dark chocolate note...

Serendipitous by serendipity

Chocolate Greedy by Montale. This is what Tay Zonday wears.
    Chocolate Rain!
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

Very Irresistible Man/Givenchy

(I know it's technically mocha, but it smells of chocolate and mint.)
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Just sampled Amour de Cacao. Many have said it's the same as Serendipitous, but I haven't tired that one. AdC is a vanillic chocolate, straightforward and with good sillage & longevity. I'll give it a full wearing one of these days.

I agree with Bigsly for the most part. Hanae Mori EDT-chocolate? Animale Animale and Rochas Man have similar chocolatey accord worth examining. Amour de Cacao is probably the most straightforward. A*MEN has some distracting top notes ( I like them), but the dry down is pure Nestle's to me.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by irish View Post
    Serendipitous by serendipity

Chocolate Greedy by Montale. This is what Tay Zonday wears.
    Chocolate Rain!
    Serendipitous....YES....like a sweet, tasty chocolate cookie. Positively sublime.

I'll add Mat Chocolat by Masaki Matsushima. A bit of a rarity, I guess.

Tay Zonday, eh? Looks like Urkel, sounds like James Earl Jones.....

Just did a full wearing of Amour de Cacao, and I really like it, though it's "simple." The thing I realized is that chocolate is not simple, so a frag with chocolate, orange, and vanilla is not as simple as it sounds, whereas a frag with 4 or 5 notes can be even "simpler."

I love chocolate fragrances! the sadly discontinued Fleurs de Chocolat from Fresh is still in my wardrobe, and thanks to a sale I have two more to go!

cannabis sandal by fresh is chocolat earthy patachouli blend - i don't know where the cannabis is in there.....

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    cannabis sandal by fresh is chocolat earthy patachouli blend - i don't know where the cannabis is in there.....
    The cannabis accord is one of the midnotes. I can't find it easily on myself as the chocolate and sandalwood are so prominent when I wear it. Love that one too!

I agree with Borneo being a perfect rec, especially if you like patchouli.

I also recommend Chocolate Amber by Profumo.it: a beautiful, all natural chocolate that's not plastic, very real: reviewed here http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...s-of-soul.html

I'd also like to include Oscar Violet (rather milky-chocolate, with vanilla, as you ask) and Musc Maori by Parfumerie Generale.

In Borneo, the chocolate is relegated to a secondary role ..the patchouli will hit you more. I like it this way (its quite camphorous), but you may not.

I think you may find Chocolate Amber, Il Profumo Chocolat and Montale Chocolate Greedy more to your liking (these are more creamy/vanillic).
    -