Code of Conduct

Default No More Guelain Shalimar

An industry source tells me Guerlain are dropping Shalimar edt, maybe they are going to manufacture the Light version only.

Can anyone else verify this?

Default Re: No More Guelain Shalimar

Well, it is hard to believe. Any news about it?

Well that is terribly sad news! What can one do, all we can say is; Merci LVMH, for what they have done for the luxury market. I do say that with dripping sarcasm.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Shalimar is their flagship fragrance--it would be very stupid, I think, to drop it. However, having smelled the EDT, I don't mind if that one goes away

Quote Originally Posted by hp1502 View Post
    An industry source tells me Guerlain are dropping Shalimar edt, maybe they are going to manufacture the Light version only.

Can anyone else verify this?
    Who is your "source?" This is impossible.

Please, I think that the EdT (and the EdC ) are the reasons I have not be able to fall in love with Shalimar. I Have an FB of EdC-- what a waste of money that was for me.
    "Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel."

I don't think Guerlain of LVMH would be stupid enough to do that, because Shalimar is one of their best selling fragrances and has a steady and devoted clientale
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

Shalimar is Guerlain's equivalent to Chanel's No. 5. The EdT may go away, but the parfum never will.

Does NOT sound possible. I was once told by an "industry person" that Habit Rouge would be discontinued. Like everyone now knows, the opposite was true: the range of it just expanded.

They've recently launched a new advertising campaign for Shalimar and since edt is the entry point for most perfume buyers, I can't see the logic of reducing the Shalimar range.
    I think your Industry Source is crying wolf...
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Not true, false.

On the other hand with the new Mitsouko Lotus version on the horizon, I will not be surprised if 2010 brings us Shalimar Osmanthus or Shalimar Lilac.

If this industry source was an SA, I'd take what he/she said with a grain of salt. It seems that "being discontinued" is often SA speak for "we're (as in this store/chain) are not going to stock it anymore".

One store does not a Shalimar purge make!
    “Auntie Mame [is] a froth of whipped cream and champagne and daydreams and Nuit de Noël perfume. She's not mortal at all.”- Patrick Dennis

Basenotes Institution

Guerlain cannot be so stupid as to drop the EDT ( most affordable) of their iconic perfume . I hope it isn't true. I'm really not into flankers either so I would not wear Mitsouko Lotus or whatever other thing they bring out.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

It's a worldwide best seller and the only Guerlain you find EVERYWHERE... I now live in small-town Texas and you can find Shalimar EdT at every grocery store and drug store. Sounds like an SA was trying to make a sale.

I had an SA tell me that Fahrenheit was discontinued to try to induce me to buy.

I just asked the person again to confirm that they are dropping the EDT, This person runs one of the largest perfume distribution networks in Australia and confimed it once again, I think they are dropping the edt to push the light version. The reason could be the World economic position.

You can always ask ,

Isabelle ROUSSEAU
    Customer Relationship Department
    irousseau@guerlain.fr

I've emailed with Ms. Rousseau many times, but personally I'm not going to ask her. If past history is the indicator, Guerlain discontinues fragrances based on poor sales. Shalimar is one of their most recognizable brands and has been for what? 80+ years? I'll believe it when I see it.

Say it ain't so!!! I can't believe that they would d/c a bestseller.... but you never know.
    I am NOT my hair, I am NOT my skin ; I AM the soul that lives within!

Fragrances are responsible for 60% of Guerlains total sales. Of that 60%, Shalimar and Samsara (the last big Guerlain hit) are responsible for 15% of total sales (each). So no, some Shalimar concentration may be dropped but the Shalimar name isn't going anywhere.
    -