Code of Conduct

Thread: New Profumum!

Default New Profumum!

At Luckyscent - Vanitas.
    Notes:
    vanilla, myrrh, orange flower, sandalwood
    Blurb:Just what were always on the look-out for a vanilla scent that is sophisticated and complex, but still delicious and comforting. Vanitas opens with a chilly dose of myrrh, which is almost medicinal at first, but as it warms on the skin, its deep, resinous sweetness emerges and blends with the creamy warmth of truly excellent vanilla. Delicate orange flower enhances the high notes, and sandalwood adds a dark golden bass line but the heart of this accord is the exquisite pairing of vanilla and myrrh. The myrrh adds mystery to all the luscious qualities we love in vanilla and brings in a dark sweetness that is not at all food like. Happily, it adds just enough of a cool edge to keep things intriguing, but not enough to overpower our beloved vanilla. Soft, enveloping and tantalizing - this is the grown-up vanilla weve dreamed about.

I've just added a sample to my latest sample-ooza from LS - it sounds gorgeous.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Blog Entries

Default Re: New Profumum!

Thanks for the tip. It sounds interesting!

I need more time with my sample but it strongly reminds me of SL's Un Bois Vanille. Any thoughts?

I love the combination of vanilla and orange in this. It's not as woody, to my nose, as Un Bois Vanille, but there are definite similarities. As the blurb suggests, there is a bit of coolness about it that is unusual in vanilla-centric fragrances. It's a beautiful scent, but like all Profumums it is SO darned expensive. How I wish they would sell 30 or 50 ml sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie_j View Post
    I love the combination of vanilla and orange in this. It's not as woody, to my nose, as Un Bois Vanille, but there are definite similarities. As the blurb suggests, there is a bit of coolness about it that is unusual in vanilla-centric fragrances. It's a beautiful scent, but like all Profumums it is SO darned expensive. How I wish they would sell 30 or 50 ml sizes.
    After a few days sniffing this, I think I prefer it more than Un Bois Vanille. I agree it's not as woody (actually, one of my initial impressions) but it's certainly a more interesting composition. I'll have to wear it later this week to test its longevity.

Yes, a 50ml bottle would be great! Just think of how many sales they're losing out on, due to their stupid marketing strategy...

It's true.... if they halved the size it would the same cost as your typical export Serge Lutens ($120/50ml) which no one complains about, instead of double that. I wonder if Profumum has smaller sizes in Italy the way other Italian houses (like Santa Maria Novella) do... they just don't export them. There are about 5-6 Profumum I'd buy tomorrow if they were cheaper. Large splits, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    It's true.... if they halved the size it would the same cost as your typical export Serge Lutens ($120/50ml) which no one complains about, instead of double that. I wonder if Profumum has smaller sizes in Italy the way other Italian houses (like Santa Maria Novella) do... they just don't export them. There are about 5-6 Profumum I'd buy tomorrow if they were cheaper. Large splits, anyone?
    I was in Italy, during the Christmas break, and their only official distributor in Florence didn't stock them in 50ml. Based on that, and from what I've read, Profumum doesn't come in 50ml. Strange as most of their perfumes are pretty strong...

Seriously.... a couple I'd love to buy are Dulcis et Fundo and Volo AZ 686. 1-2 sprays of either will last 24 hours, easily. 100ml would last forever.