Code of Conduct

Default Your Absolute Best Purchases

Ok well let me go first. I think it'll be kinda hard to compete with me, with some of what i've gotten. First of all, even though it wasn't a "buy," someone gave me a large, new bottle of YSL L'homme for no reason at all other than they liked my service when I helped them, when I used to work in retail. Onto the buys, I've had CVS incorrectly mark a 3.3 ounce bottle of Burberry London for 16.99. They admitted it was wrong, but had to honor the price shown and sold it to me at that price.

But my absolutely best buy...I had decants of Milliseme Imperial, SMW, and Himalaya, and absolutely had to buy SMW when my decant ran out. I bought through the Amazon store (which is not actually a third party, but actually Amazon) a 1 ounce bottle of SMW for something like 60 with shipping. When it arrived, I had minimal longevity compared to my sample, and called customer service because I honestly wanted to return it. The guy just refunded the ENTIRE amount including shipping, saying that they can't accept used fragrances, so I was able to keep the Creed fragrance for free. Long story short, I decanted it into a 10 ml sprayer, and I actually don't have any problems with longevity anymore after all...tsk tsk tsk : )

Default Re: Your Absolute Best Purchases

Creed, Bois du Portugal 75ML, 95%, pretty much brand new and smells F-ing amazing and fresh. $70 total (retails for $210).

Burberry, Brit. 3.3 full oz. for $25.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 26th November 2008 at 06:28 AM.

That is a great price for a Creed, TA - I'm assuming people will definitely mention the 50 dollar Amouage Jubilation deal, which I never sprung for because I was never pressed to buy it. 50 dollars for Silver or Dia on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    That is a great price for a Creed, TA - I'm assuming people will definitely mention the 50 dollar Amouage Jubilation deal, which I never sprung for because I was never pressed to buy it. 50 dollars for Silver or Dia on the other hand...
    Yep, got the 30 ML Amouage, Jubilation XXV too for $50. Sick deal. I know a lot of BN'ers hooked this up too.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 26th November 2008 at 06:32 AM.

I purchased a vintage bottle new of No. 88 one week before they started replacing them with the reformulation.

A 99% full 100ml bottle of Parfumerie Generale L'Ombre Fauve for $100 right here on BN (A 50ml retails for $135 on Luckyscent).

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Your Absolute Best Purchases

I recently purchased two 3.1oz., both in metal decanters, Mitsouko EDT for $80.00, no shipping cost. Value of $220.00. I am one happy camper.

Blog Entries

Cuiron, a 50ml bottle for $25 in the heart of NYC's perfume district. bargain.

As I posted in a thread a while back, I happened upon a fragrance stand at a mall that sold me a bottle of vintage Guerlain Derby, 100ml, for $60 and HL Cuiron, 50ml for $40.

BNers recently gave me great deals on (1) a two-bottle purchase of a lightly-used PG Intigrant Patchouli and Eau Neuve de Lubin, (2) a partial trade/ partial purchase of Mouchoir de Monsieur, and (3) purchase of a lightly used Escentric 01. The BN marketplace is the place to look first.

Two or three years ago I was the only bidder on a full size bottle of Ungaro 1 that went for $18 and while working out the details for shipping wound up buying two more of them from the same seller for forty bucks shipped. That same year I spent $24 on a buy it now deal for a back up bottle of Opium. It was a "tester" refill that turned out to be the EDP version and came wrapped in the blue plastic case.

Quote Originally Posted by noirwest View Post
    Two or three years ago I was the only bidder on a full size bottle of Ungaro 1 that went for $18 and while working out the details for shipping wound up buying two more of them from the same seller for forty bucks shipped. That same year I spent $24 on a buy it now deal for a back up bottle of Opium. It was a "tester" refill that turned out to be the EDP version and came wrapped in the blue plastic case.
    UN-BELIEVABLE! Now I'm going to hound eBay for this stuff.

Oh yea, my story. I got some helmut langs 100ml EDC for 30 bucks a while back, and GIT and Erofla for like 40 and 50 bucks on ebay (and they were legit).
    Last edited by supracuhz; 26th November 2008 at 09:34 PM.
    Spring/Summer Wardrobe: vetiver extraordinaire, rose 31, terre d'hermes!

Gabriella Sabatini's Wild Wind for men - 100ml bottle for A$7 - and I really like this lively scent with it's excellent longevity and sillage.

Second best - all the Annick Goutal, Etro, L.T Piver, Aqua di Parma testers I paid between A$5 and A$20 for in a closing down sale. My wife was especially happy to get 10 different Annick Goutal bottles from me in that sale, while I kept the Sables and Eau de Hadrian in the men's bottle.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 26th November 2008 at 10:35 PM.

Oh, there's been many nice moments on ebay
    I have a sealed bottle of vintage Caron Infini EdP, which sold for €6.50
    Cheapest ever was Berdoues No.444 Extra Vieille Eau de Cologne, a darker version of Gallet's Farina, for 1 Euro and a bottle of Bogart signature for the same.
    I just picked up a backup of my beloved Royal English Leather for €35.

But the best deal ever was a 100ml of the ultra-rare Jean Desprez Versailles pour homme Eau de Cologne. For 1 Euro. It's brilliant stuff, too, quite distinct from the strong EdT version.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

A month ago bought Ungaro I 100ml BNIB for £15. Same month/October bought Patou pour Homme 90ml sprayer on french ebay for 35 Euros + P&P... a week before that such bottle was sold on US ebay for something like $250

A 50 ml / 1.7 OZ bottle of R&G Pour L'Homme for USD 25, when the regular price is well over USD 50 since it is has been discontinued.

However, this does not compensate local prices, which are horrendously high.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAttorney View Post
    Creed, Bois du Portugal 75ML, 95%, pretty much brand new and smells F-ing amazing and fresh. $70 total (retails for $210).
    This was at the courtesy of generous BN'er who was not looking to make a buck; but rather, to pass on a good bottle to someone who appreciated it.

Quote Originally Posted by supracuhz View Post
    UN-BELIEVABLE! Now I'm going to hound eBay for this stuff.

Just remember while doing your hounding to always, ALWAYS drop in on gumshoo.com and try variations on spelling. I've tripped over several nice bottles that had been listed two or three times missing an e or l in their names. Old fashioned searches zip right over them but not the shoo.

La cologne Fleur du Male.
    Encre Noir.
    Rive Gauche.
    Divine Bergamote.

Price: anywhere from 70% off to full retail. Don't care. They were awesome buys

Guerlain Heritage had a good price a while back. About 10 usd.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

I forgot - I got a 2oz bottle of Polo Crest on eBay for $10 because the seller didn't put the word 'Crest' in the title of the auction.

I got a 3.4 oz of Costes for $63. I had to bid for it, could not help myself.

Authentic fresh '05 GIT 4.0 oz tester for $56-shipped.
    16oz of Bowling Green(four 4.0 oz bottles) and one 4.2 oz Cool Water for $48-shipped.
    And it was old stock Cool Water before they flooded it with too much lavender

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    I forgot - I got a 2oz bottle of Polo Crest on eBay for $10 because the seller didn't put the word 'Crest' in the title of the auction.
    Yes, this is how you come up.
    Someone got a boxed 2.5 of Bois Du Portugal for like $45 shipped on the bay listed as
    "Creed cologne 2.5 oz" I was mad I missed the auction end(work) a month or so back.
    Last edited by DULLAH; 27th November 2008 at 05:17 AM.

Blog Entries

So far phibess takes the cake!

My best deal was for "Indolt Tahiti". It was Indult Tihota. Starting price of $55. Ofcourse I was the only one who bid on "Indolt Tahiti".
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962