Code of Conduct

Default Any experiences with Royall Lyme of Bermuda?

I never heard of them until today (got a newsletter in my mail). Apparently it's a pretty old company. Anyone know if their fragrances are any good? Good quality ingredienses? Longevity?

Default Re: Any experiences with Royall Lyme of Bermuda?

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    I never heard of them until today (got a newsletter in my mail). Apparently it's a pretty old company. Anyone know if their fragrances are any good? Good quality ingredienses? Longevity?
    They have a lot going for them -- lovely bottles, fairly inexpensive, good quality. That being said, they are pretty simple fragrances, e.g., the lime one smells like limes and that's it. Sometimes all I want is something simple, though. You may be disappointed if you're looking for something more complex.

This is great stuff--old school frags that are direct and simple. The Lyme is their best known but I have their bay rum and it is great. I tried one of their's called Royall Muske that was actually quite interesting. Helen Hayes was a fan of the Lyme fragrance (so it says on the inside wrapper....)

Picked up Royall Lyme at Marshalls cheap - nothing to write home, abysmal longevity, very linear, but great as a pick-me-up or just a refreshment after exercise. Certainly not a going-out fragrance.

All of the Royall Lyme line is basically cologne. I have some, and they are enjoyable in warm weather. My favorite is actually the musk, although it is more of a bay-rum with musk added. I agree they are simple scents, and very refreshing. Beauty Encounter has them cheap, too.
    Last edited by Asha; 22nd May 2009 at 02:25 AM.

As a linear scent, it's quite nice. The lime is brisk, unambiguous and refreshing. It should be treated as any cologne, only expecting it to last briefly. A friend of mine would drop some into his hand laundry rinse water on a recent trip roughing it through Eastern Europe.
    Don a wig of larks and fly!