Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Leather Lovers

Default Re: Leather Lovers

Dzing! is one of those weird fragrances that morphs depending on how you perceive it - I can wear it one day and smell what people describe as a 'wet paper' accord, and other days it smells like a smoky leather. Truly a unique fragrance, and definitely a 'love it or really hate it'.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    HUH?!! Dzing has (to my imagination and to most here) one of the best, realistic, shiny, finished leather smell which in due course of this gems progression, gathers a furry/dust kind of feel. not my type, but to any "leather" "expert" it should be...now that makes me wonder, what in your opinion is the leather note in knize afterall? how can you relate to the leather note in Knize?

are you being blinded by the snob bug called "collecting rare scents disorder" ?
    well if there is any note i AM able to identify, it is most certainly leather. In fact, i am actively searching out the widest variety of leather scents at this time.

I have tried Dzing at least 4 or 5 times on different occasions, on skin..on paper, and on clothing.....and there is only a minimal (at best!) leather scent in it.....i really don't smell it....if there is one, it is concocted by the idea of people telling me there is leather (imaginary leather)...it is not a leather scent IMO. There are FAR better places to find leather than Dzing, that i am certain of. People's noses do react differently of course---and this may be one of those cases. However if i remember correctly, there are plenty of people who do not detect leather in Dzing.

Knize Ten, of course, rare or not....my favourite or not...is unabashedly one of THE finest leather scents ever made....that i am surely certain of in my point of view
    Last edited by everso; 1st December 2008 at 04:23 PM.

..... love what jaimeB said...if you have nothing good ot say. just ignore.
    Last edited by jenson; 1st December 2008 at 04:57 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post

Thirdly, you are advising people to test a frag on skin, and here you yourself arent testing it on skin. shows how "OPEN MINDED" you are.
    i am testing it on skin! i just said that, man

don't get testy with me Jenson...you know you love me

Just a fast follow up got my samples from perfume court.I found that creed was way to strong of scent for me it never let up,Cuiron although seems to be very popular here didnt do much for me I had a hard time smelling it even though my wife thought I was crazy claimed it was giving her a headache.Now knize ten was right up my ally really enjoy that one.Thanks again for the help all and pointing me in the direction of many other leather scents

I agree with a lot of what's been mentioned--especially Knize Ten, Cuir Ottoman, and Yatagan, all of which are must-try frags, IMO (though the last not so much for the leather).

I'd add three others that I'm surprised nobody's mentioned: Bandit, Lonestar Memories, and Geo F Trumper's Spanish Leather.

Anyone every try Elsha's 1776? I've always wanted to try it...and it's dirt cheap!