Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate

On this other side of the pond, we are working

Frapin 1270 on one arm, Profumum's Dolcis in Fundo on the other

I think I smell like a delicious Thanksgiving dinner with lots of booz

Have a great Thursday and enjoy!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Default Re: SotD Thursday 27 November

Montale Orient Extreme
    It is too loud and doesn't suit me, I was thinking about selling it.

Smile Re: SotD Thursday 27 November

Maurice Roucel for EDITIONS DE PARFUMS FRÉDÉRIC MALLE

The fantastic DANS TES BRAS

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Happy Thanksgiving to the ones celebrating!

Warm Chergui for today.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Happy Thanksgiving to my scented American cyber friends!
    I reached for "Y" this morning and did not find it wanting.

I'm wearing Chanel 22. This is the second time in a week that I've worn and loved a Chanel. What's the world coming to?

Keiko M Loukhoum from ubuandetc

Love it, so comforting and warm and when you are blown away by strong winds on your way to work you appreciate it even more.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Good morning all Today is another cold day up north.We had a lot of snow coming yesterday,but no snowfall today at least Felt like wearing L'heure bleue edp ,so that is my choice for today.Hope all of you who celebrate today have a nice day!

You smell heavenly !
    More Thanksgiving-y than I do, LOL ...

Sniffed out my AL Chaos last night, and find it more substantial than the re-release, and longer lasting.
    It's woody and slightly spicy; won't compete with pies..
    So, I think it'll be today's calming scent-of-choice...

Be blessed, wherever you are-
    And FEEL that blessing, deep within-
    More importantly.

I love you.

I'm wearing nothing (scented), I'm having a hard time smelling anything. Just wanted to wish a happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating!

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm wearing Parfum Sacre today - from a purchase from The Good Life that arrived yesterday.

Happy Turkey day across the pool!

Ormonde Jayne Woman for me. Gah, this is a nice one. Spicy and sophisticated.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! Something light for me today...Miller Harris Tangerine Vert.

Sur la Plage

Happy Thanksgiving!

My SOTD is Annick Goutal Sables.

Notes include wild immortal scents, vanilla, Mysore sandalwood, Indonesian and Madagascan pepper.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Violette Precieuse, one of the few florals I love... And I think it's given me good luck...I've got promoted at work.

Allure Sensuelle by Chanel

APRES L'ONDEE EDT for me today.

Congrat, alba

And Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrating.

I'm in Romeo Gigli Man.

One of many things for which to be grateful...friends who post beautiful pix for Holidays not on their own lists!! Beautiful cornucopia Dragon Dearest...you da bomb!!

I'm on a Viv kick so today seems the perfect occasion for...

Blessed Bird-Day all y'all...and like Chaya says...feel the love!
    Last edited by TaoLady; 27th November 2008 at 12:26 PM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and always has been since I was a little girl anxious to sit at the grown up table! The smell of 'tradition' wafting through the house, the anticipation of coming together with those we hold near & dear, and reflection...thankfulness...for all our needs being met, and then some. It is a great day! Wether this is a holiday for you, or not, I send you a heartfelt wish for peace today.

SOTD is by Ava Luxe, Love's True Bluish Light
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 27th November 2008 at 12:44 PM. Reason: typo

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Bois du Portugal to help celebrate our Thanksgiving Day. Soon I will be up to my shirt pocket in grandchildren!
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Happy T-giving to all south of our border. Enjoy your turkey.

Wearing Shalimar EDP today.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and always has been since I was a little girl anxious to sit at the grown up table! The smell of 'tradition' wafting through the house, the anticipation of coming together with those we hold near & dear, and reflection...thankfulness...for all our needs being met, and then some. It is a great day! Wether this is a holiday for you, or not, I send you a heartfelt wish for peace today.
    Ubu, a big ol' word for word ditto! A very happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating.

We'll be 13 today chez moi. All the baking, appetizers and side dishes are done. All that's left to do is wrestle the (22 lb) turkey into the oven in about an hour or so.

Sotd is People of the Labyrinths Luctor et Emergo. Have a lovely day, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Smile Re: SotD Thursday 27 November

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate

On this other side of the pond, we are working

Frapin 1270 on one arm, Profumum's Dolcis in Fundo on the other

I think I smell like a delicious Thanksgiving dinner with lots of booz

Have a great Thursday and enjoy!
    Mmmmmm you smell Marvelous! I'm considering purchasing both of those in the near future!

Today it's Noir Epices. For some reason this fragrance makes me cry, in a good way. Tears will be shed into the pies, tarts, puddings and relishes I must make today!

Thankful for so many things. Grace. The hope of peace. My 'family' which includes many dear friends, and lots of animals!
    I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Last edited by lizzie_j; 27th November 2008 at 01:19 PM.

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving, being Euros, but I want to give heartfelt thanks for all of you on this board. I really feel part of something very special here and my husband has got used to hearing about my 'perfume friends'. Thank you to everyone who has sent me a parcel over the last year. Thank you for the amazing smells you've sent me. Thank you for thinking of me. And thank you for educating me very kindly and patiently and making me feel welcome. I feel very lucky to know you all.

Scent twins with Sestra today in Chanel 22, thanks to Alika. It has cheered me up no end on a day that started with a root canal and is going to culminate in a gynacologist's exam. Not giving thanks for either of those!!!!

Hugs to all.
    x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving!

My SOTD is Annick Goutal Sables.

Notes include wild immortal scents, vanilla, Mysore sandalwood, Indonesian and Madagascan pepper.

Me too!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Although I am still not feeling well, like tdem, my main work today is the wrestle with the turkey. Everything else is already prepared and waiting to be heated while the turkey is being carved.
    Happy holiday!

Turkey stuffed and in the oven...check
    Cranberry relish made...check
    Chestnuts ready for "roasting on an open fire"...check
    Pearl onions peeled and ready for cream and sherry sauce...check
    Pumpkin Pie made..check
    Sundry veggies...check
    Bread pudding with cherries, pineapple and clementines...yup

All systems go and I am ready for my nap so that I can be happy and awake for dinner!

Absolutely going with Opium today.

Happy and healthy day to everyone, celebrating or not, real or tofurkey. I am happy to be back at Basenotes!

Congrats on the promotion, Alba!!! Way to go. :bounce:

Happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating, and echoing Wordbird that, whether you are celebrating T-Day or not, I am particularly thankful for all my lovely Basenotes friends. You guys are phenomenal! And you smell fantastic.

Vegetarian Thanksgiving for us (made-from-scratch spanikopita as the main course, with more traditional 'fixins' like homemade cranberry sauce, pumpkin and "chocolate shoo-fly pie" (think pecan pie with chocolate chunks instead of pecans). Tomorrow there will be roast turkey and cranberry/sage stuffing to satify the omnivores in our family.)

Still mourning the loss/misplacement of my Bois d'Armenie (my first truly stupid parfumista trick, sure not to be the last), but am nonetheless taking much joy and delight in Satellite Padparadscha with a little bit of i Profumi di Firenze Ambra del Nepal on the elbows.

Padparadscha notes: Amber, musk, cedar, sandalwood, juniper, pepper.
    Ambra del Nepal notes: Amber, cardamom, Madagascar vanilla.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 27th November 2008 at 01:56 PM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Baie de Genièvre

This is one of the Creed samples I received from a dear friend who puts on a fantastic Thanksgiving Celebration every year. I can't be there this year so I had to wear one of his samples.

I really like this. I may have to get a bottle. cinnamon muted just enough with juniper and vetiver.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

Chanel Coromandel.
    I'm thinking about getting a bottle of this.
    Love it.
    Last edited by purplebird7; 27th November 2008 at 02:49 PM.

I too want to echo the thanks for everyone on this board. Its a funny thing a year ago I didn't know Basenotes existed. Now I have met all of these amazing people. It is funny where and how life brings people into your life and for that I find myself very thankful.
    ScentMother don't wory as host to a cluttered mind myself I'm pretty sure your lovely Bois d'Armenie is just in a different place than you remember. Sooner rather than later it will click and you'll remember where it is.
    Off to an orphan's Thanksgiving because I can't take the traffic down to my sister's in CT. We go down there tomorrow and much like ComDiva just have a second dinner one day removed, without traffic.
    For today I am wearing the scent the hostess of tonight's meal loves on me:

Hermes Un Jardin sur Le Nil

Have a Happy, Happy Thanksgiving everyone in the states.
    Have a Happy, Happy Thursday everyone everywhere else.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Dior Homme - Cologne Blanche (my perfect bedtime scent)

Serge Lutens Borneo 1834

Indonesian patchouli, white flowers, cardamom, camphor, cistus, galbanum, cannabis resin, cocoa accord

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Howdy, world! Wearing about five different scents again. You're all quite precious, you know. I AM thankful for your powerful companionship.

No big festivities today here with just the usual three of us. I'll be working on a magazine, since one day's pretty much like the next.

Daughter's going to visit boyfriend (again!). He's going to teach her how to crochet. I gotta meet this guy.

Stéphanie de Saint-Aignan Embruns d'Ambre ~ Ocean notes, sand, lemon, wood, amber.

Le Basier du Dragon for today.
    And happy Thanksgiving for all of you who celebrate it!

Wearing EL Azuree today. I need to smell fierce and fearless.

Just about to pop my contribution to dinner into the oven: green bean casserole!

Have a Happy Turkey Day, all!
    “Auntie Mame [is] a froth of whipped cream and champagne and daydreams and Nuit de Noël perfume. She's not mortal at all.”- Patrick Dennis

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Musc Ravageur today. We're going to SIL's house for dinner today, my contributions include my "famous" broccoli/rice casserole and scalloped oysters.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate. Have a safe and happy holiday.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

It's Thanksgiving here today. I am over 2500 miles away from my biological family, but I have new family here where I live, and they have invited us over for a Thanksgiving potluck breakfast (which we are missing)-lunch-dinner-all-day-kind-of-lazy-day-eating thing, for which I made some vegetarian green bean-black eyed peas salad (really yummy! I will post recipe later) and husband made Swedish meatballs. Later today, I want to come home and make raspberry trifle for our neighbors.

Traditionally, my parents used to have us all say thanks before eating our big meal. Each of us said all the things for which we were thankful. Well, today, I just want to say that I'm thankful that our Basenotes members in Bombay are okay, and I will continue to pray for them.

Today, I'm wearing Tam Dao by Diptyque -- a gracious gift from Mudassir.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm in Dzing! for about the millionth time this month, because I'm addicted, apparently.

May you all have a blessed Thanksgiving with families and love surrounding you! I have a lot to be thankful for, just like Wordbird.

May your stuffing be tasty. May your turkey be plump.
    May your potatoes'n'gravy have nary a lump.
    May your yams be delicious. May your pies take the prize.
    May your Thanksgiving dinner stay off your thighs!
    (Author unknown. )

Wearing Balmain de Balmain, will go to work in the evening.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate!

Thank you to Basenotes, simply the best, nicest online community I've ever had the good fortune to discover.

I'm wearing Chanel No. 5 so far. I don't know yet what my SotE will be. We're not going to dinner until 5:00 p.m. We're going to my husband's boss's house. They're going to have a crowd. He's Vietnamese, so we'll not only have traditional turkey & trimmings but Vietnamese dishes as well. Yum!

Adding: I finally have my official Scent of Thanksgiving Dinner on: Bath & Body Works Midnight Pomegranate Body Lotion & Body Spray with Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir spritzed on top. I think I smell great!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 27th November 2008 at 06:56 PM.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate! Some of you are cooking up a lavish feast; it all sounds so delicious. I'm contributing a meager fruit salad. At least its something I cannot burn.

I'm wrestling with the fragrance issue. I really don't think I can wear scent to dinner, it turns out there is too much of a risk of causing another allergy attack in a family member. My only other choice is, well, Angel, and that could offend others as it is really a love/hate scent. I hate going scentless. Fragrance is so comforting to me. (Insert minor child-like tantrum here.)

So my SotD will be "freshly bathed." No, that's not entirely true. I'll test some things out while exercising pre-shower which are to be determined.

Alba: Congratulations on your promotion!

Quarry: Yes, you've gotta meet this guy. Crocheting requires patience and planning, which are virtues.

Blessing and salutations - Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Today is all about cooking and I'm blessed with my own iron chef showdown which comes down to cordon blue vs. CIA alumni here. Later it will be a packed house with 17 of us. We're all watching the Iron Chef Thanksgiving special over coffee this morning to get psyched up >; )

Trying Feminite du Bois this morning after all the suggestions
    (CEDARWOOD, cardamom, cinnamom, clove, orange blossom, peach, honey, plum, beeswax)

Lovely stuff - this may be my "mainstream fragrance that smells niche" choice.
    Looking for small decants
    * Frederic Malle En Passant, Parfum de Thérèse * Serge Lutens Bois Oriental, Borneo1834, Douce Amère, Gris Clair, Rousse, Santal de Mysore

Happy Thanksgiving to all! This really is a great place to spend time, and with the nicest people! Starting the day in Bois des Iles, but who knows for later.

Heartfelt Thanksgiving greetings, to all who celebrate it. The menus given here sound truly scrumptious

Inspired by the recent 'what's your favourite floral?' thread, I reached for First this morning. This was a floral favourite of mine in the early 90s, when I lived in the Middle East. Somehow, its sucker-punch jasmine seemed so ideal at that time, but now -- my goodness -- it smells so dated

This evening sees me exuding the scent of Jasmin Noir. Another floral, and a no less distinctive one at that, but so much more welcoming and warm than the rather austere First.

Congratulations on your promotion, Alba!
    Last edited by soirdelune; 27th November 2008 at 07:45 PM.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

L'Artisan ParfumeurMéchant Loup
    (Bertrand Duchaufour)
    Last edited by Quixotiq; 27th November 2008 at 08:01 PM.

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm very grateful for this place to celebrate fragrance with so many warm and interesting folks.

Alba, congratulations on your promotion! Jenson and JavaGreen, thank you for letting us know that you are safe.

I've chosen L'OISEAU DE NUIT for this evening. We are departing from tradition and having German food, but at least my fragrance will be a "bird"!

Holiday hugs to all,

Haunani

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. No one is celebrating here. I think I will just drink a glass of wine by myself and say "thank you, Basenotes"! Hugs to you all!
    I wore Organza today but then I tried in a store Kingdom on one hand and First on the other. I like Kingdom. It only smelled like cumin for a little bit and then a lot like incense. Hmm...I really like it although I read all the negative reviews!

Narciso Rodriguez For Her edt which has been beautiful all day at work. Now sampling Coty Le Rose Jaqueminot (I've probably got the spelling wrong!) on my right hand and Miller Harris Fleur Oriental on my left courtesy of Taolady, THANK YOU! LRJ is certainly pretty but maybe a little too bright for me, I do prefer the Priscilla Presley Roses and More to this. Fleur Oriental is one gorgeous fragrance and just gets better as it dries down. If there is jasmine in this it must be what gives the fragrance its initial 'sharpness' on my skin but this melts away into a lush floral/vanilla/amber seduction laced with almondy heliotrope. It reminds me a little of both Mazzolari Alessandro and Armani Elle/She but for me it is way sexier than either of these. I'm thinking it might just fill the gap left by Allure Sensuelle in my wardrobe. Oh Taolady, what are you doing to me! First Habanita and now Fleur Oriental, although I am going to give Fleur Oriental another couple of tries just to be sure! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating!

Diorama
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Hello dearest R, and hugs to you from across the pond! I'm wearing Chergui today, and getting ready to go to hanksgiving dinner at a friend's house.

Happy Turkey Day BNers!!!

I am truly thankful for all of you at Basenotes. It is truly a blessing to spend time with people who love perfume like I do.

I am wearing my favorite.....Alien
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

So glad to hear our Indian basenoters are safe. And congrats to Alba!

Lovely sentiments, ubu. I'd also like to add my voice to the chorus of gratitude for this website. I've learned so much and encountered such generosity here.

Lushsoup, I hear you. The only things I can make in this world without setting the kitchen on fire are cranberry sauce and mac n cheese.

Having Thanksgiving with close friends. We spent Sunday with DH's family of birth doing Turkey day--yep, that's two in a week--and will be visiting mine next month.

SotD: Starting off with L'Air du Desert Marocain, which is (as always) lovely but which just isn't hitting the right note for the big meal for me. So I'll be changing to Elle YSL right before we head out.

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate and a lovely fall day to those who don't.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Quote Originally Posted by kingcobra View Post
    Hello dearest R, and hugs to you from across the pond! I'm wearing Chergui today, and getting ready to go to hanksgiving dinner at a friend's house.
    A, my dearest friend, what a wonderful surprise to see you here and....you smell great as always.

A big hug and wishing you again a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving. Enjoy your dinner to the fullest and don't forget to give me every detail

Angelique Encens for you as SotE
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Happy day to all, Thanksgiving or not! Staying home and making a tiny version of the traditional meal just for me, as I am sick today. SOTD will be, when I get off my duff, EL Private Collection.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leesee View Post
    Happy day to all, Thanksgiving or not! Staying home and making a tiny version of the traditional meal just for me, as I am sick today. SOTD will be, when I get off my duff, EL Private Collection.
    Oh, Leessee. Here's some hot tea along with wishes for a better tomorrow.

We ate vegetable lasagna for lunch. We really lack for traditions.

Guerlain's L'Instant Magic (from a sample). I may layer it with Oriental Brulent

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Roast turkey, mashed potatoes with pan gravy, apple-sausage stuffing, green beans with carmalized onion, jellied/whole cranberry sauce, several Sam Adams lager beers, NFL football, lots of grandkids and family.

Finishing with a layering of Guerlain L'Instant pour Homme EdT and EdP and English stilton cheese with a glass of Dow '77 vintage Oporto. Perfect weather, perfect day!
    Last edited by kbe; 27th November 2008 at 11:04 PM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Sensuelle Russie by Esteban
    amber, bergamot orange, pine, cardamom, cinnamon, cedar and patchouli.

Spicy Goodness...reminds me of apple pie & incense. It went perfectly with Thanksgiving dinner.

I hope everyone here had a truly delightful day.