Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Blog Entries

Default scents you're obsessed with at the moment.

scents you can't get enough of....ones that you are tempted to buy 15 bottles of back up because you couldn't bear the thought of not having it...

right now...this week, this month...for me it is Kiton Black

it is unfookinbelievable. in the same league as Cuiron or Knize Ten right now......totally caught me off guard too, but i'm officially obsessed.

Default Re: scents you're obsessed with at the moment.

For me Chergui has grown on me significantly, and even challenges my Ambre Sultan for the top spot.
    "Faites des bêtises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

At the moment for me its creed royal delight

Bought Givenchy Gentleman, sprayed with care as soon as I arrived home and, well, discovered a whole new world. Guess I am becoming addicted to longevity and sillage

Everso, I am planning buying Knize 10. And as soon as I get the money, Mazzolari Lui. Is it too risky buying them blind? Well, I like surprises...

For me, Guerlain L'Instant EDP has pushed GIT, MI, SMW, Jubilation XXV, Endymion and even the mighty LDDM to the side. I want to bathe in the stuff

Post Re: scents you're obsessed with at the moment.

New York, PdN every time I wear this fragrance it reveales another facet of itself to me Ever changing, and ever evolving. : Patricia de Nicolaï is a genius. The work of a perfumer who is truly on top of his, or in this case her game.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Red by Girogio Beverly Hills

Last edited by scentimus; 24th November 2008 at 11:55 PM.

Domenico Caraceni and Nosamatto Duro.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

Ambre Narguilé by Hermes (Dimitri's fault ), but part of the excitement comes from my planned trip to Copenhagen to purchase one of those lovely box of four travel sprays.

Does anyone know if you can mix and match those or, say, have four bottles of one specific fragrance?
    Last edited by Noalick; 25th November 2008 at 12:06 AM.
    "- Harry, I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange."

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    scents you can't get enough of....ones that you are tempted to buy 15 bottles of back up because you couldn't bear the thought of not having it...

right now...this week, this month...for me it is Kiton Black

it is unfookinbelievable. in the same league as Cuiron or Knize Ten right now......totally caught me off guard too, but i'm officially obsessed.
    Wow, Everso posted about Knize 10, hmmm what a suprise? LOL. Man, you are definately obsessed with that stuff. I think you would trade your soul and/or sibling, parent, child, etc... for a back up bottle.

Creed, Bois du Portugal
    Amouage, Jubilation XXV
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 25th November 2008 at 12:11 AM.

For some reason, Creed Himalaya has been on the brain ever since I smelled a fresh bottle at Neiman's. Quite the difference from the discount retailers.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Lately, I have been obsessed with finding specific scents within specific families.

Of my last fifteen purchases, ten have been leather and three have been traditional citrus fragrances.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 25th November 2008 at 12:15 AM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Dior Homme, Rive Gauche PH, and Chanel PM (1955) have me in their spell. Curious that they're all designer.

I think the reason I'm so comfortable with these and many other designer scents is that I can wear them pretty much anywhere, any time, without wondering if they're too "out there".
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

L Instant de Guerlain
    Eau Sauvage Extreme
    Le Male (doubting sometimes)
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a couple of years, but I still love New Haarlem. I find it very comforting in the colder weather.

Rose 31

And I pretty much did buy 15 bottles of back up, which is why I can't be buying anymore fragrances until 2016.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post

Everso, I am planning buying Knize 10. And as soon as I get the money, Mazzolari Lui. Is it too risky buying them blind? Well, I like surprises...
    sweet! Knize Ten is not for everyone, however those who like it LOVE it. I think it's quite simply the best male fragrance ever made. i think if you like stuff like Givenchy Gentlemen then you are on the right track.

if you like sillage and longetivity----K10 is a monster.

i dunno much about Mazzolari Lui though...so i can't comment on that!
    Last edited by everso; 25th November 2008 at 01:03 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheAttorney View Post
    Wow, Everso posted about Knize 10, hmmm what a suprise? LOL. Man, you are definately obsessed with that stuff. I think you would trade your soul and/or sibling, parent, child, etc... for a back up bottle.

Creed, Bois du Portugal
    Amouage, Jubilation XXV
    i think you already traded your soul in when you got obsessed with a Creed

i already have backups...and i still have my loved ones!

i think you already traded your soul in when you got obsessed with a Creed

i already have backups...and i still have my loved ones!
    Why is it bad to enjoy a Creed scent?? BdP is actually a very high quality, complex, and enjoyable scent.

I don't know that I would say I am obsessed but the Incense series by CdG has me hooked, especially Kyoto, Avignon and Ouarzazate. And no I am not planning on buying back-up bottles of these nor any other scents I own and love.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

At the moment it's Terre d'Hermes since it's my newest purchase. I wouldn't go out of my way to get a backup bottle since I don't see it being discontinued anytime soon. Next week I'm planning on getting Burberry Brit and I know it will be used heavily once I acquire it. I think it's the perfect cold weather fragrance, but it's not for everyone as witnessed by the reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    At the moment it's Terre d'Hermes since it's my newest purchase. I wouldn't go out of my way to get a backup bottle since I don't see it being discontinued anytime soon. Next week I'm planning on getting Burberry Brit and I know it will be used heavily once I acquire it. I think it's the perfect cold weather fragrance, but it's not for everyone as witnessed by the reviews.
    Brit is a good choice, really spicy and distinct, not like anything else out there. Very suprised by this one (so much so that I am the proud owner of a bottle ).

Blog Entries

Smile Re: scents you're obsessed with at the moment.

As for me well, Guerlain's Mitsuko, L'heure Bleue and Jubilation XXV.

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher View Post
    For some reason, Creed Himalaya has been on the brain ever since I smelled a fresh bottle at Neiman's. Quite the difference from the discount retailers.

TNMA
    absolutely....Himalaya from discount retailers as opposed getting it at Saks or Bergdorf Goodman is night and day......not even comparable and i learned that the hard way.

for me right now.....its Bleecker street by Bond # 9 and from designer side Juicy couture by dirty english.....what frustrates me so deep is that both of them arent stronger.....=/
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Brit is a good choice, really spicy and distinct, not like anything else out there. Very suprised by this one (so much so that I am the proud owner of a bottle ).
    Yep, I think it's awesome as well. I was a fan of London but now a bit disappointed by it and sold to my friend. I still like London but I wish the top notes remained strong throughout and the longevity and silleage was better on the skin. Brit was one that I wasn't immediately impressed with but it grew on me. I just sprayed on my arm one time and put my sweater sleeve over it and forgot about it. The drydown is where this one shines. I unrolled by sleeve and it was lovely and was still going strong a while later. A second wearing on my neck and arm made me a lover of this one. It projected beautifully and lasted a long time for me to enjoy. I shall buy a large 3.3 oz. bottle next week!

It has to be L'Anarchist, i keep discovering new notes the more i wear it. Must be the warmer weather playing up here in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher View Post

TNMA
    Creed Himalaya as well. The drydown is BLISS.

I can't wait for wednesday!

My Domenico Caraceni bottle, shave cream, shower gel, and shampoo comes wednesday.

After that, I'll buy C&S No.88, which I've wanted for a few months, then Trumper's GFT.

I might also be getting Royal Aoud within the next couple of weeks.

That Caraceni, though... Good stuff.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

There are still so many scents I just want to get to smell that owning nearly becomes second priority.
    Musc Ravageur, LDDM, LP9 being a few examples.
    Spoken of the ones I want to buy and bath in its Shalimar, Anteus and Pour Monsieur lately.

Profumum Fumidus & Olibanum
    Lartisan parfumer Voleur du Roses (from a sample)

For me, it is Gucci pour homme. Besides that, Amouage Silver, Encre Noire, and LDDM.

Knize Ten, Geir and Guerlain Vetiver!!! I WANT TO LITERALLY SHOWER IN THEM AND DRINK THEM INSTEAD OF WATER!!! OMFG

Prada Amber just shines marvelously in the winter, I love it! Yatagan too. Yatagan + walking in the snow = heaven.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

What the hell is with this Knize 10 scent-what makes it so special?? I am beginning to get very curious bc it has a almost cult like devous following. Someone please help me understand!

I am obsessed about finding my source of obsession , but for now:

GIT - I love it so much I would drink it and die.
    BdP - Feels like wearing a shield that the rest of the world cannot penetrate.
    XS - I hate it and now I love it. This is some super natural stuff.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Gucci pour Homme. Every day I intend to wear something else, but it's pretty much always the Gucci lately.
    I have 100ml back-up after I use the tester bottle up. Should last me plenty.

Brummel, don't know who makes it as the label doesn't say. Martini says it's from a drugstore in Spain. Says it's cheap, looks cheap but is easily the most interesting thing I've smelled this year.

Brummel is cheap .. i wore it many times, last time 15 years ago. If you need Brummel I can get it for you as soon as I am back in Spain
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Jicky got me
    PGs, Lutens, Amouages and Chanels are great, but bathing in Jicky is just marvellous!
    Vetiver The Great!!!

At the moment it's Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree. So smooth and classy.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Givenchy Pi
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

What the hell is with this Knize 10 scent-what makes it so special?? I am beginning to get very curious bc it has a almost cult like devous following. Someone please help me understand!
    1. It hasn't been f...ed with since 1924. Reformulated maybe, but not ruined. That feels so good for a change.
    2. It is a near perfect composition. Everything a masculine leather should be. Brilliant construction, so even Turin enthuses, but also a pleasure to wear - though many would consider it "old-fashioned" (powder) or offensive (gasoline, castoreum).
    3. Perhaps a certain Knize myth - one of the great central European gentlemen's outfitters, a flavor of Austro-Hungarian Empire meeting 1920s dandyism. Plenty of space for projections of masculinity.
    4. Some people may find the low-key (i.e. virtually total absence of) marketing refreshing.

Personally I am obsessed these days with Washington Tremlett's Black Tie (that is settling though into mere deep appreciation) and with Belgravia by Dukes of Pall Mall, or perhaps obsessed with my obsession. It seems like a simple enough classic fragrance, but it is intoxicating in its blend of citrus, floral and soapy clove - a combination I used to dislike, but which seems to be growing on me. It's also kind of cool to be the only one with a bottle of this
    Last edited by the_good_life; 25th November 2008 at 10:01 AM.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Tam Dao for me. Unfortunately I've already lost the sample vial since I forgot to take it out from my jeans pocket before sending it to the laundry.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

The best male fragrance EVER!
    For sale: Nemo Cacharel 1,7OZ (30ML) 99% full

Quote Originally Posted by noirwest View Post
    Brummel, don't know who makes it as the label doesn't say. Martini says it's from a drugstore in Spain. Says it's cheap, looks cheap but is easily the most interesting thing I've smelled this year.
    Antonio Puig does it, Spain's biggest fragrance maker, owner of many traditional houses like Myrurgia and Gal.

Why is it bad to enjoy a Creed scent?? BdP is actually a very high quality, complex, and enjoyable scent.

Uh Oh! I see where this one is heading.

For me, its L'Air du Desert Marocain and Green Valley of which I lost my freakin sample of. Its like a damn drug, I had been putting it on every single day and then I come home one day and its gone! Bleecker Street may be getting into that territory soon, it has grown on me immensely to the point where it has jumped up my wish list to number 3!

Annick Goutal Ambre Fetiche
    Montale White Aoud
    "To be irreplaceable, one must always be different!" - Coco Chanel

visit: WWW.SNIFFAPALOOZAMAGAZINE.COM

Chanel Coromandel

Parfumerie Generale L'Ombre Fauve and Profumum Fiori d'Ambra. Yes, I'm on an Amber/Ambergris high

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Kouros
    Last edited by Aromabar; 25th November 2008 at 04:36 PM.

Opium PH EDP and Cologne Du 68 , nothing much else has gotten a look in lately

Grand Luxe by Fragonard

The weather here in Sweden is cold and it's snowing. I'm totally obsessed with Creed's Green Irish Tweed - it's so beautiful in cold weather.
    Last edited by irrbloss; 25th November 2008 at 06:34 PM.

Morning Star

Profumum Thundra (a consistent favorite for me)
    Yves Saint Laurent Kouros
    Armani Attitude (I recently resurrected it from cold storage, and had forgotten how much I love it.)

I can't contain my absolute and pure love for:

YSL L'Homme
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Davidoff Cool Water
    And now..
    CdG parfum*PARFUM Series 2 Red: Sequoia. I just want to curl up and die with it. Pure woody bliss.

I am only obsessed over one I don't own yet. Once I have it, I am no longer obsessed.

So for me:
    BdP
    Acier Aluminum
    Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir

OK, so the weirdest thing happened to me a while ago.

I've been dissing the latest Prada for man (Infusion Homme) because I really didn't like it on two different try outs. It's the Neroli, I can't stand this note in most formula's so whether I want or not, I 'zoom' into it and feel nauseous almost. Apart from that I didn't get much Iris either (because I was too occupied with the Neroli of course) so I marked it as 'failure' and a disappointing frag in general.

But... about a month ago we had a small party from work and one of my colleagues walked in with her husband and he just smelled AWESOME! And of course I couldn't believe my ears when I heard what he was wearing...

So what to do, hmmm? Well, of course I bought me a bottle the next day, but now I have to wear it on my back in order to enjoy it!

So this is my latest 'obsession' of sorts I guess. I can wear it day's on end. It's wonderful.

Maybe they should have a sticker on it: "Use on Your Back Only!"
    Last edited by Domingo; 25th November 2008 at 07:38 PM.
    No guru, not method, no teacher
    Just you and I and nature

I received some samples today, and from them Montale Blue Amber and A'Men Pure Coffee stands out. I think I need to own bottles of those one day...
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

Quote Originally Posted by Domingo View Post
    OK, so the weirdest thing happened to me a while ago.

I've been dissing the latest Prada for man (Infusion Homme) because I really didn't like it on two different try outs. It's the Neroli, I can't stand this note in most formula's so whether I want or not, I 'zoom' into it and feel nauseous almost. Apart from that I didn't get much Iris either (because I was too occupied with the Neroli of course) so I marked it as 'failure' and a disappointing frag in general.

But... about a month ago we had a small party from work and one of my colleagues walked in with her husband and he just smelled AWESOME! And of course I couldn't believe my ears when I heard what he was wearing...

So what to do, hmmm? Well, of course I bought me a bottle the next day, but now I have to wear it on my back in order to enjoy it!

So this is my latest 'obsession' of sorts I guess. I can wear it day's on end. It's wonderful.

Maybe they should have a sticker on it: "Use on Your Back Only!"
    You're weird.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan