Code of Conduct

Default Application - all sprays to one spot on chest? Also, what is "8m"?

Hey guys. I've read the FAQs, but I've found no answers on these subjects. Sorry if they're duplicate.

I decided I'm going to try spraying on my chest tomorrow. Now.. the question is, is it ok to spray, say, 4 shots of a juice in the same spot, or should I spread them out over my chest? Is there a scientific benefit to doing one way or the other?

Also, what's this marking on the back of some bottles, "8M" (or any other number) with a little logo? Is that atomizer bore size or something? Wideness of spray? I just ask because a few of my mom's old perfumes go up to mid-30's.

Default Re: Application - all sprays to one spot on chest? Also, what is "8m"?

Think the 8M could be the shelf life. Although it depends on the little logo next to it. If it's like a jar of face cream, then that's what it is. Brought in by the EU, i think, for all health and beauty products. Although as with fine wine, so some perfumes improve with age.

Its supposed to be the life of the item after its first used. Ignore it (at least for fragrances) as if they are properly kept, they will be fine for years.
    When I spray on my chest, I usually do it in 2 spots on my upper chest & sometimes around my sternum.
    Last edited by Anthony87; 28th November 2008 at 09:45 AM.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

too many sprays at the same spot may irritate the skin in long run...better be careful about that...

i wud rather spray it evenly on chest, torso etc..
    Last edited by jenson; 28th November 2008 at 11:18 AM.

^I'm with Jenson... also, spraying it all on the same spot makes the atomizer itself useless... the point of a spray is giving a broader, more even distribution of scent around an area.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

I give two shots to the upper chest, no more no less. And, no, at least to me there is no scientific definition for why I do this, I just know it works, and what works is ok by me.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 28th November 2008 at 01:34 PM.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Yeah, it looks like a little spraytop next to the 8M. It probably is shelf life, you're right.

Also, it makes perfect sense to spray a broader area. For some reason, I thought layering juice might last longer, but maybe not. I sprayed four shots of Dior Homme all over my chest today and I am loving the sillage I'm getting.

Sometimes I decant a little of certain frags and dab on, so just keep in mind that it's all about what works for you.

i'm having trouble figuring out how many sprays to do. i know its all subjective...is the best way just to spray like say 7-8 sprays with the cologne...if people start going damn way to much tone it down obviously. is that the best way? i mean what would people say is the best general amount of sprays you should use across the board, with any cologne at any time?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    i'm having trouble figuring out how many sprays to do. i know its all subjective...is the best way just to spray like say 7-8 sprays with the cologne...if people start going damn way to much tone it down obviously. is that the best way? i mean what would people say is the best general amount of sprays you should use across the board, with any cologne at any time?
    Since I'd say 80% of my wearing time is at the "office" I'll give you my typical spray routine for that. Let me preface by saying that I have UBER dry skin, so this should work for you. I do 2 sprays to the chest, on on each side. Then one spray to each inner elbow. All of this is under the clothes, when it is done this way I believe that evaporation is significantly lessened as well as stopping olfactory fatigue so you will notice the frag much longer. Now this is the base routine, you should know how it feels on you depending on how heavy the cologne is. If your wearing some big suffocating monster (i.e A men) tone it down to maybe 2 sprays, if your wearing a lite citrus/fresh frag up it to possible 6-7. Experiment with it but, IMHO, this technique has drastically improved my sillage/longevity and enjoyment of my frags.

It all depends upon the frag in question and what you're trying to accomplish, in terms of the longevity and sillage/projection.