Code of Conduct

Talking Those cheap Avon fragrances are really nice! I got 3 I liked for 10$!

I just got 3 x 50ml bottles of Avon stuff for 10$:

*Make me Smile
    *Make me Wonder
    *Fire me up

I actually love all of them. They are all very feminine and young, something a girl under 20 would wear when she starts going out clubbing. Perfect for men with lolita complexes to secretly pour on their pillows (am I admitting too much?).

They actually last long, have good sillage and well... make me drool like a dog. Seriously. I want my next girlfriend to wear these, and I am in my late twenties. I got 3 for 10$, and they all manage to be very different from each other and good and fun. I can't believe it, as I have this year shelled 300$ for a Creed, twice, 150$ for Musc Ravageur, and 100$+ on several other items including two additional Creeds... and I love these just as much and better than many. They cost me less than most samples I buy from Perfumed Court.

If you have't tried those Avon things, go ask for some samples, you might be surprised as I was. I'm now running after my local Avon salesperson instead of the other way around.

Any ladies here feel the same way about the masculine Avon fragrances? I hated them all... I just buy the extra-girly stuff.

Default Re: Those cheap Avon fragrances are really nice! I got 3 I liked for 10$!

I don't know many Avon fragrances. I'd love to try some but I don't know how to sample them. There's no Avon lady around here. I bought Cynthia Rowley's Flower by Avon on ebay because I loved the bottle and packaging and read that it's a lily scent. But I'm not crazy about the fragrance. Donna Karan Gold is my favorite lily fragrance so far. I remember when I was a little girl the Avon lady used to visit my grandmother who lived way out in the country. It was an event (any visitor was an event). I remember the Avon lady's huge bag of samples and testers. I'd love it if an Avon lady rang my doorbell!

Default Re: Those cheap Avon fragrances are really nice! I got 3 I liked for 10$!

Well, to be honest, beltz, while I was in San Diego, I smelled this guy in the hotel hallway. And I had to ask him what he was wearing. He said Avon-something. I can't remember what it was called. Black, maybe? But it smelled so good! He could have been lying to me, but I don't think he was, because he seemed kind of surprised.

There's not a lot from Avon that I like. They mostly tend to be fruity florals, from my experience. I really really like Mark Jewel though. Candy amber. I haven't smelled it on myself though, just someone else. I have a sample (from my Avon lady) that I can send you, if you want.

Ones that I don't like include: Island Vibe (much like Paris Hilton's Paris Hilton, to me), Be Kissable (grapefruit)

I've tried another of the guy's scents, accidentally spraying it on my arm while trying to spray a tester card. It really wasn't bad -- a very strong sillage of mown grass.

Wow! 3 for $10? Here they are brand new, asking for $17 each. Nice work Beltz. I really liked Fire Me Up after a brief smell at a staff meeting.

There are some decent ones from Avon imo - I really liked Christian Lacroix Noir. Far Away and Yessamin smelled good from the scratch and sniff things in the catalogue but I'm not sure how they compare to the real thing.

Aiona, was it Black Suede? I've heard it smells really nice but haven't tried it (hahaha I'm a terrible Avon Rep! )

I smelled this guy in the hotel hallway. And I had to ask him what he was wearing. He said Avon-something. I can't remember what it was called. Black, maybe?
    Might have been Derek Jeter Driven Black,
    a woody oriental...

notes ~ Sicilian blood orange
    middle notes of Italian bergamot, Calabrian mandarin and saffron
    bottom notes of white cedar, Haitian vetiver, Australian sandalwood and Tamboti wood

the stuff is strikingly good.

I sometimes order little grab bags of Avon goodies from the Bay, love the mini lippies.
    I got a sample of this, laughed at it, and then...I smelled it.
    umm, yUm!
    I would absolutely wear it. and I'm sure it does smell glorious on a male.

Yes! That was it, Jillsy! Black Suede.

Let's see. . . notes are nutmeg, amber, amber, musk, oakmoss, cloves and woodsy notes.

Figures. That's why I liked it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by downtothreepetals View Post
    Might have been Derek Jeter Driven Black,
    a woody oriental...

notes ~ Sicilian blood orange
    middle notes of Italian bergamot, Calabrian mandarin and saffron
    bottom notes of white cedar, Haitian vetiver, Australian sandalwood and Tamboti wood
    Or maybe it was that. . . . because that sounds good too. I wish I'd had a pen to write it down.

It must have been Black Suede. I also remember that it smelled *like* something else I've smelled before. And I can't remember what that is either. I mostly asked him, because I wanted to confirm that it was what I thought it was. And so, while he was surprised that I asked him, I was the one surprised by his answer.

Sorry to get off topic, beltz! The other masculine one that I liked (and actually tried, albeit by accident) was actually from Mary Kay, not Avon. There is not much from Mary Kay I like either. Thus, I ended up searching on Basenotes!
    Last edited by Aiona; 29th November 2008 at 01:24 AM.

Feel free to go off topic, this is interesting anyway.
    I have an avon girl at work so I will ask her about others that I haven't tried yet, including the candy amber one.

By the way, I got the 3 for 10$ brand new, in box and plastic paper from Ebay. I think it might have been someone closing shop. You can get samples there easily, or at least, bottles for 10$ instead of the regular price. But by the way, the full price on some of them was 13$ CA lately, so I'm sure you ca find some from a representative for less than 18$ as well, especially in the USA. But it depends on the bottle.

The most recent Avon perfume I have sampled was Rare gold it is alright but I used to wear Imari and I do like that one but I don't buy Avon anymore.