Code of Conduct

Thread: Noob!

Default Noob!

Hello,

I just found this forum, and can't wait to read more! There are so many perfumes out there that I don't care for..in fact most of what I find falls into that category.

Actually i shouldn't say that, most of the fragrances I find smell great on *OTHER* people, but not me! So I have joined this board to find some others I like..it's just so easy to spend a lot of money and end up with something you just don't like when it comes to this kind of thing!

My absolute favorite is No Regrets by Alexandra De Markoff. I have never found another fragrance I like as much so far. I am a big fan of vanilla/ amber/ and white floral type scents, and am looking for more of the same..hoping to branch out some day though and appreciate some new things.

I also am a big fan of incense-middle eastern, indian, and japanese...and would love to learn more. Also a big fan of Black Phoenix Alchemy's website and concoctions..although I have to admit I have not found one I would like to wear daily yet..

In short(Well that wasn't short, what am I talking about?), thanks for having me, and I hope to learn more about the wonderful world of fragrance! *curtsies*

Default Re: Noob!

Hi, Welcome to Basenotes!

Personally, I have found that the more I have read, the more I learn to appreciate all fragrances. Even the ones I initially did not care for. I suggest you read around and then resniff in a couple of months, you might find that your tastes have changed!

I haven't sniffed too much incense, but have you sniffed any of the Comme des Garcons Series 3: Incense? That might be a good place to start; the Basenotes Search function is particularly helpful if you want to find more info about past discussed fragrances.

Good luck and have fun!
    *bows*

Welcome aboard. I have been a member for a short time but have enjoyed the conversation very much. Since you have interest in perfumes with incense notes, there are several threads that you could enjoy reading. Use the search feature for the topic.

I found the following:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?p=1331522

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?p=1348511

Best regards,

Arwen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by suzume View Post
    I also am a big fan of incense-middle eastern, indian, and japanese...and would love to learn more.
    Hi, and welcome to Basenotes! You'll learn a lot very fast - don't worry.

I'll mention one fragrance to watch out for - it's very unique and reminds my wife of India. It's L'Eau de Jatamansi by L'Artisan Parfumeur. It's an ancient incense note (spikenard) mixed with a modern organic citrus formulation. Just light as a feather, cooling, but with an electrifying scent.

Hope to see you around on the boards!

-Red

Hello, and welcome! We are always glad to see noobs here -- two years ago I was a noob myself. This is such a fun place to come, learn, listen to the chat and hear different opinions and share.
    Incense is a great interest, you'll find lots here on that.
    Cheers,
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Welcome! You are embarking on a deliriously fragrant adventure. Go slow, resist blind buys, and instead buy decants. You will learn so much about the world of niche parfumery, but for a start, hie thee to an Estee Lauder counter and try Private Collection Amber Ylang Ylang. It is lovely and wearable, meets your amber criteria, and is a wonderful place to start.

Welcome, suzume!