Code of Conduct

Default banana republic but not

hey guys, i'm looking for clothes that have a banana republic like style but better quality. I love the clothes i get from BR, (they're having a 50% of sale everything in the store) but it seems like they always fall apart in a year or two. I want something that is semi professional in style, good quality with reasonable prices. If you guys could recommend me some brands to try out that'd be great!

Default Re: banana republic but not

H&M and Zara are the two clothing companies that similar to BR. design, price, style etc etc..

H&M - fashionable, no doubt. and also very affordable. their designs are usually in slim fit cutting tho, so i am not sure if this is what you are looking for.

Zara - imo they are bit more sophisticated than H&M in term of the quality. if i had to pick, i’d chose this over H&M.

I always through BR was quite expensive for what it was. Have you tried Reiss or even MaxMara Weekend - you'll get the quality definitely, but will have to pick the sales for the same price though.

Zara is fab, but you won't always get top quality. But if you're looking for fashion rather than classic pieces it can't be beaten.

I know I'm not helping but I always thought BR quality was above H&M and Zara.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryC View Post
    I know I'm not helping but I always thought BR quality was above H&M and Zara.
    i think BR has better quality than H&M too. wouldn't know about Zara, as there are no stores close to me..

i'm looking for a timeless look, not really trendy styles. I am willing to pay a bit more but not high end designer prices.

I think Brooks Brothers would be a good fit for what you're looking for. Their style is a bit more classic and conservative compared to Banana Republic.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/
    Last edited by DocmanCC; 1st December 2008 at 02:40 PM.

Second on Brooks. One of my favorite places to shop. I actually like H&M as well. Ruehl is another option. YES its A&F owned but Ruehl is a class unto itself. Thomas Pink makes gorgeous clothes of a BR nature too. BlackBrown is classy sporty also and JOS Bank. I wouldn't wear Zara even if it cost $.01; my vote says stay far away from that one.

- Al

Club Monaco.

www.clubmonaco.com